U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:26 PM

246 posts, read 375,441 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. You may have read my break up thread about two weeks or so ago. I go to church with my ex and it's very awkward now.

This morning, she comes to Sunday School and says good morning. I said good morning back and she sat right beside me. She looked at me and told me I didn't have to be such a jerk to her. I don't know where she got I was being a jerk, I'm assuming for not talking to her for 2 weeks now. She wanted to be friends and talk and I told her I couldn't.

Well, one of my friends wanted to start coming back to church and didn't want to sit by herself, so she asked if it would be okay if she sat with me. I of course said yes, because I'm not gonna tell anyone they can't come to church and sit with me. I was told my ex kept giving me and my friend mean looks. My friend apologized for making things more awkward, but my ex is just gonna have to realize that she broke up with me and that I'm moving on.

I'm sure she thinks I just did this to get under her skin, but it wasn't the intention at all. I'm preparing for some kind of text about it from her, but yeah. Things are awkward in church now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 PM

9,397 posts, read 13,237,432 times
You don't answer to her any more, and if she's gonna be a vindictive child about it then just take that as reassurance that she wasn't the right one for you.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 PM

2,179 posts, read 2,812,842 times
She's gloating.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 PM

17,868 posts, read 17,077,065 times
Church drama!

Never in my life would I have thought church could be so complicated!

Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 PM

1,811 posts, read 5,396,817 times
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, so why don't you just skip going for a little while. If you have friends you see at church, call them up / go visit them instead. Read your bible at home.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM

2,596 posts, read 4,639,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Hey guys. You may have read my break up thread about two weeks or so ago. I go to church with my ex and it's very awkward now.

This morning, she comes to Sunday School and says good morning. I said good morning back and she sat right beside me. She looked at me and told me I didn't have to be such a jerk to her. I don't know where she got I was being a jerk, I'm assuming for not talking to her for 2 weeks now. She wanted to be friends and talk and I told her I couldn't.

Well, one of my friends wanted to start coming back to church and didn't want to sit by herself, so she asked if it would be okay if she sat with me. I of course said yes, because I'm not gonna tell anyone they can't come to church and sit with me. I was told my ex kept giving me and my friend mean looks. My friend apologized for making things more awkward, but my ex is just gonna have to realize that she broke up with me and that I'm moving on.

I'm sure she thinks I just did this to get under her skin, but it wasn't the intention at all. I'm preparing for some kind of text about it from her, but yeah. Things are awkward in church now
I bolded the sentence where I rolled my eyes. Aren't you in your late 20's? This is 12 year old behavior. MAYBE 13 if you're a late bloomer. The fact that you're sitting here with your ex and the mean looks and the "friend" who asked to sit by you and a big jealous snit just sounds juvenile. Yeah, she's being a big baby to make a thing over it. But I'm not giving you any mature points for sitting with some new female "friend" right in front of her just 2 weeks after the break-up either. So neither of you did anything "wrong" if you get down to technicalities, but nor did anyone go out of their way to be gracious and to make the unfortunate fact that you attend the same church any easier on the other. You both kind of got what you deserved with that one.

Don't answer any text that comes. You don't have to be friends with every ex. You don't have to make them public enemy #1 either. If she sits by you at church, smile and say something boring about the weather. Remember, church is where they teach you to be nice to people. This is a great chance to practice that. If you don't want to sit by her at church, then arrive a little late and sneak into the pew somewhere else, or mill around before Sunday school until she chooses her seat.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM

15,088 posts, read 16,935,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post

It will be awkward for a while but just carry on normally (or as normal as possible). Don't let the mind games get to you.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM

246 posts, read 375,441 times
I am not going out of my way to be "enemies". When she says hi, i nicely say it back. Other than that, I just keep to myself around her. I'm just not that comfortable talking to her now.

I knew that having my friend come would be a big deal. But, I'm not gonna tell someone they can't come and sit with me if they don't have anyone else to sit with.....boy or girl. Yeah it may look bad on my part, but there are no feelings between us. Weve been friends for years.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:29 PM

41 posts, read 94,763 times
looks like she's trying to mark her territory. Some people will break up with a person but still make it clear to other people that their ex is not yet available to see other people. don't know how long the relation lasted but two weeks is probably not very long to adjust, and you don't want to rebound too fast,

Old 06-05-2011, 07:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,287,502 times
This behavior is extremely immature. Are you sure you are not in middle school? Who cares who you sit with at church? If this is for real, you and your ex need to grow up. You should not pay any attention to such behavior, and she should let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships