Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times

Advertisements

I used to know an awesome cat lady. She had a huge house and there was about 25 cats and her in the house. This lady had money and the house was clean and very nice. All of ther cats were 15 plus years old and it was sort of an old folks home for cats. I had this really awesome cat and she was about 18 years old. She got sick and went downhill really fast. The vet wanted to put her down but I said, "I'm just going to try one more thing". I took her to Lena's house and she lived there with Lena for the last 5 years of her life. Lena told me that when Champagne came to live with her she quickly became the queen of all the cats and slept nestled between Lena's oversized bust. Well, that was Champagne all right, that's the way she always was and I'm forever greatfull that the best cat I ever had Lived on for another 5 wonderful years with this Cat Lady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 PM

71 posts, read 104,462 times
I have 3 cats but I could probably be considered a "crazy cat lady" just because I love my cats probably more than some people love their children. They are spoiled rotten and I'm not ashamed!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
are they really crazy? has anyone ever tried having a relationship with one that didn`t end up being all drama? curious.. I always see their future as being alone and nuts like the woman from "Jeepers Creepers"
How could they ever be alone?....they have all their cats.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:22 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I used to know an awesome cat lady. She had a huge house and there was about 25 cats and her in the house. This lady had money and the house was clean and very nice. All of ther cats were 15 plus years old and it was sort of an old folks home for cats. I had this really awesome cat and she was about 18 years old. She got sick and went downhill really fast. The vet wanted to put her down but I said, "I'm just going to try one more thing". I took her to Lena's house and she lived there with Lena for the last 5 years of her life. Lena told me that when Champagne came to live with her she quickly became the queen of all the cats and slept nestled between Lena's oversized bust. Well, that was Champagne all right, that's the way she always was and I'm forever greatfull that the best cat I ever had Lived on for another 5 wonderful years with this Cat Lady.
I don't get this. Why on earth would you give away a sick senior cat like that? I can't imagine dumping a cat I've had all her life, just at the time she needs me most.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:42 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I don't get this. Why on earth would you give away a sick senior cat like that? I can't imagine dumping a cat I've had all her life, just at the time she needs me most.
If I'd have kept her she would have died for sure. My wife and I had just split up after 16 years together. I was working 14 hours a day and the cat needed constant attention. She had never in her long life been alone. Just like our old parents we have to know the time they need professional care and realize that we just can't give them what they need. My cat needed nursing care and that is what she got.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,445,049 times
The ultimate crazy cat lady.

YouTube - ‪eHarmony Video Bio‬‏

Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,247 times
I thought it was a beautiful story and I could see myself doing that to my sweet cats. Even though all of my cats are dead now, if they could live happily for another 5 years, I would definitely give them to someone to love them as much as I did.

You absolutely did the right thing on giving your cat away and so glad you don't have any guilt about it.

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-11-2011 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:11 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
OMG was that a trainwreck or what! I can't imagine her getting ANY dates with that video!

Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
My husband says I have the potential to be the crazy cat lady when he dies...lol.

We have 2 cats now who were rescues as kittens. One is a long hair orange tabby and he is more of a "dog" than my dog is. Our other one is a calico and she is fiesty and sweet all in the same.

We also have 3 foster kittens right now but that is a temporary situation. We typically take a litter or two (back to back, not all at once) in the spring and help out a local organization. This is the sweetest litter I've ever had...very docile and snuggly. I will definitely miss them. Anyone looking for a kitten? lol

Old 06-11-2011, 08:33 AM

22,314 posts, read 29,395,806 times
Yup, I'll be the crazy cat lady for sure but at least I'll be a hot one!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships