Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,170 times

Advertisements

are they really crazy? has anyone ever tried having a relationship with one that didn`t end up being all drama? curious.. I always see their future as being alone and nuts like the woman from "Jeepers Creepers"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
are they really crazy? has anyone ever tried having a relationship with one that didn`t end up being all drama? curious.. I always see their future as being alone and nuts like the woman from "Jeepers Creepers"
*shrug*

I like cats better than I like most people, so I've never had a problem with them.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
I haven't met any, but I think that statement is a bit stereotypical. JMO.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post

OMG..I havent laughed so hard in awhile..

Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
Yes, there are some people suffering physically and mentally from animal hoarding and other similar problems. There was a vicious old croon a few houses down from me who was found dead a few months ago, not sure if it was suicide or disease from all the animal filth and feces in her house. It is horrible to imagine the suffering some people go through, it seems like hell.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:04 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
*Crazy* is never a "good thing."

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,653 times
I volunteer at an animal shelter and have seen MANY crazy cat ladies. There are many that fit the stereotype to a T. To be fair, there are also crazy dog ladies (usually the annoying little dogs) and crazy cat men which are a bit less common. We had an extensive interview process to weed out any potential adopters that would be animal hoarders.

Some people are really weird with animals. I never realized that until I started volunteering.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
*Crazy* is never a "good thing."
Really? Where would we be without "Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs"? Without "Crazy for You"? Without those "Lazy, Hazy, Crazy days of Summer"? Without Crazy Eddie???

Craziness is essential in a world gone sane.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:53 PM

299 posts, read 1,132,348 times
I guess I am a crazy cat person.. although, I hold down a decent job and I am married and my house is spotless. I am crazy because I am crazy about my cats. I have had cats my WHOLE life and seriously love those creatures.

As far as truly wierd cat ladies, I actually rescued one of my kitties from one. I think she was a hoarder in some ways but to be fair she was trying to find homes for them as well... so I don't know. Something was off because she wouldn't allow me to come over to her house and she smelled BAD (like cats). She had 22 cats... I don't know anyone short of a shelter that could take care physically and monatarily that number of cats.

However, when she brought my girl over the first time, I felt she was underweight and then when we decided to get her, she brought her over again and it was one month later and she was so thin, my husband and I freaked out.

She is in great health now and very happy. I wouldn't put all cat ladies in the same bucket since I consider myself one

Old 06-09-2011, 02:49 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Oh the poor OP. To assuage his current fears I feel compelled to answer him with all due respect and complete honesty. Yes, all cat ladies are totally mad. Most come by their household felines not through purchasing them but through rescuing them, either taking them from a shelter and giving them a home or otherwise welcoming those who either come to their doorstep or are dumped upon them by well-meaning friends.

Most of them not only rescue cats and save their lives but are also known to rescue other animals. Dogs, horses, donkeys - hey I even have a damned local rat in a luxurious cage. Yikes!

But, seriously, cat ladies are really bad. They talk to those damned furries as though they're understanding humans, they let them sleep with them on the BED for goodness' sake, they don't just throw out swill and leftovers but BUY them canned food and special dry food. AND, they pay a vet to get the darned things FIXED so they can't do what nature intended and reproduce AND they spend money they don't have getting them INOCULATED against them crazy cat diseases. Oh, I forgot something else - they treat them monthly at great expense to get rid of those ear mites and worms and all them other sorts of things that can kill them. Oh, and if the furries make it through a long life but then become so disabled and sick that their life has ceased to be happy and viable, they arrange for them to be painlessly euthanized. Imagine!

YEP! They're for sure just plain crazy so best you stay away from them. They're just not nurturing and caring folks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships