Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Spinoff : Is it depressing for women to see attractive men in the campus?

Why or why not?
Haven't read the thread yet (in a bit of a hurry), but...oh good God no! Why on earth would it be? There are so many cute guys in my area...I'm not in a college town myself but everybody's so active here. Loads of harmless eye candy, nothing wrong with it and it's far from depressing. I'm not sure whether it would be "depressing" if it were single (I think that was the idea on the other thread). Probably not...I'd just fantasize!! Harmless and uplifting...it's all good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I don't spend much time on college campuses these days, but I can say that when I see an attractive man, wherever it is, it's certainly not depressing.

Yesterday there was a VERY fine guy working the pharmacy, and he seemed to be flirting with me. I wasn't "depressed" at all, I was actually proud of myself that I was playing it really cool with him while we were chatting. Then the idiot in me came out. When I handed him my credit card, I was going to hint that I was single by mentioning that the last name on my card was "my divorced name, I go by my married name, now." I meant "maiden". MAIDEN NAME!!! He said "Have a nice day, Mrs [my last name].". I walked away kicking myself. So now I have to somehow find a way to go back there and subtly let him know I am SINGLE.

Anyone need a prescription filled??

So, depressing? No. Frustrating? Sometimes. If you're a bonehead like me.
LOL!!! Poor Neemster. Just go back and tell him the last time you were there and talked with him, you forgot to have something filled. That ought to get his attention!!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:21 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Can't buy love and emotions with money.
I agree, but that doesn't seem to correlate with your original statement of it not being a problem if the average guy has lots of money.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:31 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL!!! Poor Neemster. Just go back and tell him the last time you were there and talked with him, you forgot to have something filled. That ought to get his attention!!
And I'll be gesturing a lot with my LEFT hand which has NO ring on it... dressed to the hilt at CVS. xD

Last night for about an hour after I came back home I seriously considered going back because I *suddenly* needed a travel size thing of Advil, Chapstick, a pack of gum, a People magazine and whatever else I can find at the pharmacy counter "impulse purchase" stand.

How do I get across that I am single? What would a single woman buy that a married woman probably wouldn't? Condoms, maybe? Uh... probably not the way to go...

Good god I am so glad I didn't buy anything embarrassing!!!! Can you imagine if I walked up there with an armload of feminine hygiene products or something??

Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 PM

92 posts, read 112,491 times
Default Depressing????

No way....I guess it could be if you are a woman and they are gay, but even then at least you get to enjoy the view!

I am not talking necessarily about the men who are simply born that way...because I do enjoy seeing a man who takes care of himself and knows how to dress nicely. In fact, I think almost anyone (man or woman) can be attractive with a little effort. And, seeing people that care about themselves makes me smile. Heck, I even let people know when they look good: men and women of all ages. It's amazing how a genuine compliment can brighten someone's day and change their whole attitude.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:38 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,430 times
Quote:
I don't spend much time on college campuses these days, but I can say that when I see an attractive man, wherever it is, it's certainly not depressing.

Yesterday there was a VERY fine guy working the pharmacy, and he seemed to be flirting with me. I wasn't "depressed" at all, I was actually proud of myself that I was playing it really cool with him while we were chatting. Then the idiot in me came out. When I handed him my credit card, I was going to hint that I was single by mentioning that the last name on my card was "my divorced name, I go by my married name, now." I meant "maiden". MAIDEN NAME!!! He said "Have a nice day, Mrs [my last name].". I walked away kicking myself. So now I have to somehow find a way to go back there and subtly let him know I am SINGLE.
Aww, shoot! Ha ha!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
And I'll be gesturing a lot with my LEFT hand which has NO ring on it... dressed to the hilt at CVS. xD

Last night for about an hour after I came back home I seriously considered going back because I *suddenly* needed a travel size thing of Advil, Chapstick, a pack of gum, a People magazine and whatever else I can find at the pharmacy counter "impulse purchase" stand.

How do I get across that I am single? What would a single woman buy that a married woman probably wouldn't? Condoms, maybe? Uh... probably not the way to go...

Good god I am so glad I didn't buy anything embarrassing!!!! Can you imagine if I walked up there with an armload of feminine hygiene products or something??
ATTENTION NEEMY, I have the perfect solution. Go for a Father's Day card and...I don't know, something pharmaceutical but non-insertible and manage to drop that "even though we're divorced, I'm on good terms with the ex. I always have the kids give him a Father's Day card."

Or something like that but smoother...

DO IT...DO IT...he probably liked you and thought, "Gol dang it, all the hot girls are taken" when you slipped w/the married name! Ooooh I love romance! Hope he's single and asks you out right there..........

Old 06-09-2011, 07:46 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
ATTENTION NEEMY, I have the perfect solution. Go for a Father's Day card and...I don't know, something pharmaceutical but non-insertible and manage to drop that "even though we're divorced, I'm on good terms with the ex. I always have the kids give him a Father's Day card."

Or something like that but smoother...

DO IT...DO IT...he probably liked you and thought, "Gol dang it, all the hot girls are taken" when you slipped w/the married name! Ooooh I love romance! Hope he's single and asks you out right there..........
Good idea! Knowing me, I'll slip up again and forget to mention that he's my ex or something. It would take some effort on my part to make that mistake, but apparently I am always up to a challenge. And LOL @ "something pharmaceutical but non-insertable"! Wish I could rep ya for that!

If I do get up the courage to make some bold hint and I was wrong about his interest, I'll have to switch to Walgreens.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I get depressed when a woman I knew from the campus days no longer looks good. Age is too hard on the ladies.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Good idea! Knowing me, I'll slip up again and forget to mention that he's my ex or something. It would take some effort on my part to make that mistake, but apparently I am always up to a challenge. And LOL @ "something pharmaceutical but non-insertable"! Wish I could rep ya for that!

If I was wrong about his interest, though, I'll have to switch to Walgreens.
That's the spirit!!! Maybe that's even better since everything at Walgreen's is always half off.

'k, so...keep us informed! I couldn't rep ya either b/c I've overloved ya. But...good luck! Just watch the Freudian slips. ("Oh, [Jimmy], when I was here earlier, I gave you my insurance individual ID but not the grope number. Would you be willing to put it in for me?" etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships