Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,408,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by so low View Post
Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half but have known him for 8 and a half years we were friends before. He wanted to be with me for a long time. I found out I had cancer last year and decided to give him a chance as he truly showed me so much compassion while I was ill having surgery etc. Things have been good then I found out that I have cancer again, it returned. This time things were really difficult and we thought I may die.....My boyfriend has been there for me once again. however I found out today that he is sleeping with his ex girlfriend during my cancer treatments. He recently took a trip away and was even calling her from there.
Im attractive but have little confidence because of my illness.
People are usually surprised when they find out we are together he is not ugly its just im kind of out of his league but I didnt care as I knew what we had and how he has been there. I talk to him about everything he's my best friend, other than this incident things were pretty fantastic between us.
I truly feel I have hit rock bottom,I am on here because I cant tell any one because every one loves him and loves the way he supported me I have also spoken very highly of him to every one I feel as though I am on my own its so humiliating. I cant not explain how low i really am, Im only in my 20's and my life is pointless just wish i wasn't here. should i take him back? its gonna be difficult finding some one else because of my situation so i feel im kinda trapped
you made the statement...not him. I still think you should talk w/him. Sounds like you have something deeper...
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,609 times
I would recommend you leave him...you are going through a critical time in your life and like someone said, you need the least amount of stress as possible. My sister always says you can do bad by yourself and you don't need anyone else to add to that.

I will say this..I had a car accident back in 2005 when I was married and my husband at the time (I'm divorced now) basically pitched a fit about coming to the hospital and taking care of me. He wouldn't even take off work when he has the kind of job where he could take off. I should have known then it wasn't gonna work out. Fast forward to March of this year, I had surgery which was supposed to be quick and easy turned into major surgery and I ended up being in the hospital for a while. My boyfriend took off work, stayed at the hospital with me, took my mom to get stuff for me and whatnot.

For me, a sure sign of a lasting relationship is how I am treated when I am down and out....if this pab can't be there for you during this time, he does not deserve a seat in front row of your life.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 AM

6 posts, read 6,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
you made the statement...not him. I still think you should talk w/him. Sounds like you have something deeper...
Koale
How do you know he didnt make that statement? You dont even know him.

He is the one who uses that term (out of his league) to describe our relationship. He is the one who always says he does not know why i am even with him, may be it was guilt talking because he was having sex with some one else while i was in hospital receiving chemo.
Once again a shoulder to cry on is very different from sleeping with her. We have spoken about whats happened im not just assuming!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
No matter how low you feel, never settle for someone like this and hope the North Carolina attorney general indicts him too.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,417,031 times
Fired!!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 AM

Wink Well...

Quote:
How do you know he didnt make that statement? You dont even know him.

He is the one who uses that term (out of his league) to describe our relationship. He is the one who always says he does not know why i am even with him, may be it was guilt talking because he was having sex with some one else while i was in hospital receiving chemo.
Once again a shoulder to cry on is very different from sleeping with her. We have spoken about whats happened im not just assuming!
I read your post. Maybe you made a mistake when you originally posted it, I
don't know... and...how do you know he was unfaithful...did you catch him or
did he confess? Hopefully you're not taking this on the word of a third party.
But, I do wish you well.
Koale

Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,679,746 times
People who help themselves are better off than people who make excuses for inadequacy. Which are you?

Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 AM

128 posts, read 208,120 times
OP, he sounds like he played you. He was interested in you for a long time but never had a chance or opportunity until he saw your vulnerability. Also, why are YOU embarrassed that he cheated? You did nothing wrong. Sadly it happens but its no reflection on you. If anything he looks scummier.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 AM

6 posts, read 6,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I read your post. Maybe you made a mistake when you originally posted it, I
don't know... and...how do you know he was unfaithful...did you catch him or
did he confess? Hopefully you're not taking this on the word of a third party.
But, I do wish you well.
Koale
I caught him out and when I confronted him he admitted what he had done, he's gutted and wants me to take him back. Thanks for wishing me well.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Post It's all good...

Quote:
I caught him out and when I confronted him he admitted what he had done, he's gutted and wants me to take him back. Thanks for wishing me well.
Your welcome. I send you my warmest Aloha...
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships