Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 05:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Were you humping your pillows again Froggy?
Ahahahahahahaha

Old 06-27-2011, 08:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And, when we're out doing stuff, and you look at me and say "I'm hungry" and I ask "Where do you want to eat at?" Don't tell me "I don't care." And I take you somewhere where you didn't want to go, and then complain. I've learned a lesson from all of those times before, that now I'm going to have some sandwiches made in a sack or a lunch pale somewhere in the car, and when you say that, I'm just going to hand you a sandwich and tell you to eat it.
Why bother?! Tell her: then we'll eat here! Go cook!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:28 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I agree...it's not hard to boil water and toss some pasta in, open a jar of sauce and heat it up...slice some bread, open a bottle of wine, get one of those complete salad-in-a-bag deals.....and a tub of ice cream.

That's a decent meal...kind of.

Brown a lb. of hamburger ina pan-----spoon off any liquid
add 8oz can of tomato sauce & can of water to pan
add 6oz can of tomato paste & can of water to pan
cook medium heat, stir often
to taste--add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning

boil about 3 quarts of water
add about 16oz of spaghetti pasta
add little salt, couple drops of cooking oil to pot
boil spaghett about 11 minutes
pour spaghett into strainer to drain off water
mix spaghett into meat sauce in pan
put ina plate
sprinkle on some Kraft grated Parmesan cheese

mixup a home grown green salad with hidden valley ranch dressing
cut some slices of soft french bread, with country crock margarine

YUM YUM...

Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
My biggest complaint about these people is that they're always butting in conversations, acting all hard. They do create a lot of tension between friends.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Brown a lb. of hamburger ina pan-----spoon off any liquid
add 8oz can of tomato sauce & can of water to pan
add 6oz can of tomato paste & can of water to pan
cook medium heat, stir often
to taste--add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning

boil about 3 quarts of water
add about 16oz of spaghetti pasta
add little salt, couple drops of cooking oil to pot
boil spaghett about 11 minutes
pour spaghett into strainer to drain off water
mix spaghett into meat sauce in pan
put ina plate
sprinkle on some Kraft grated Parmesan cheese

mixup a home grown green salad with hidden valley ranch dressing
cut some slices of soft french bread, with country crock margarine

YUM YUM...
Hey! You forgot the wine!!!

Other than that...job well done!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
My biggest complaint about these people is that they're always butting in conversations, acting all hard. They do create a lot of tension between friends.
Is that what you saw from your momma growing up? Where does the experience come from?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
This.

And they stay interested in you when you aren't interested in seeing them again.

But, when you want to see them or show interest, then they are not.
Yeah, no man has ever behaved the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The woman's movement built up their expectations with respect to the "quality" of the man who they should marry, the type of job that they are entitled to and what "equality" really means. They tended to cherry pick the fantasy positions and initially, this worked out better than it should have.

Few women realized that there are responsibilities that go with these new found rights and that, in the medium term, they really deserve no more than a man who equivalent to them and a job that they are truly prepared for.

The pill and the resulting sexual revolution temporarily masked the weaknesses in this position because it initially gave them a leg up in relationships that hadn't existed prior to 1965. It's taken decades for men to come to terms with this but it's happening increasingly every year.

Few men can afford too much fantasy in a spouse anymore. It takes two pulling together for most couples to just get by.

Might want to reconsider your screen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
My last GF, in our dating phase I asked her if she could cook. She looked up at me with her eyes wide open and said "...I can cook chef boyardee!" At which point, I knew that if I wanted to eat a nicely cooked meal, I would have to do it myself in this relationship. She didn't bother so much as to try to learn.

I'm not saying that I'm a chef or some amazing cook or anything, but I know how to make at least some things, and I'm pretty decent on the grill. All I can do is hope she can cook something so sometimes I can come home to a meal, and not have to add that to my "to do" list when I come home late from work or something.
Are you saying that because of her gender, she should cook or want to cook?
Really, are your arms broken?

Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Lets face it. It all comes back to food, sex, sport and fast cars. Anything a woman does to hinder the enjoyment of these life necessities.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:12 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
I dont like it when she says I am "insensative" because I dont tear up while watching a chick flick with her. Geez! 16 year olds die everyday from cancer. Now whats the f*cking score of the Celtics/Lakers?" " Stop your sniveling and get me a beer!"

Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM

92 posts, read 112,515 times
Default These are always fun!

I'm not going to disagree with any of the comments, as I think people are flawed in general - some to greater degree than others, but I think we all have room (and time) for improvement.

Guys: you are as prone to the facade as women, and this is where your choosing of the opposite sex often goes awry and you end up with the ***** or one who can't make up her mind. It is unfortunate that often women do not become fully mature and comfortable with themselves until they are past what some of you men consider their "prime" in terms of physical appearance.

This goes both ways, though, because a girl that falls for the D-bag (the manipulative male facade) is often the insecure woman that you would complain about dating, anyway, so don't be jealous of the D-bag's posse.....be glad that he has these women's attention as they would likely drive you mad were you to spend a few hours with them .

Lastly, I have to wonder what the terms "nice guy" or "nice girl" mean to anyone? It's pretty subjective. Sometimes I feel like what someone is really saying is "I'm a doormat". Just being honest....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships