U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
 
16,052 posts, read 7,960,044 times
Reputation: 11508
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Trust should be earned, though it is my observation too many people today give it away for a fraction of what it should cost.

So she broke your trust, and I hate that for you, but you simply cannot let that be an excuse for mistrusting all other women in the future.

You just have to cultivate a more discerning nature and give the next woman time to EARN your trust
you know I know that. I shouldn't hold anything against any future women I may have a relationship with. I can see myself getting very clingy with someone in the beginning until I can completely trust her now, when I wasn't clingy at all in the past.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,370 posts, read 54,887,007 times
Reputation: 37153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Sharps = n/a

OOPS Then toss me one too!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
 
14,779 posts, read 7,931,688 times
Reputation: 11613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Sharps = n/a

Ahhhh...


Okay, so then what's the point?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Not Nowhere
1,321 posts, read 983,506 times
Reputation: 1694
The point is that I can still get drunk.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
44,370 posts, read 54,887,007 times
Reputation: 37153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you know I know that. I shouldn't hold anything against any future women I may have a relationship with. I can see myself getting very clingy with someone in the beginning until I can completely trust her now, when I wasn't clingy at all in the past.

Just my 2 cents, but try to live life wide open - it's the best bang for your buck

In other words, don't be afraid to put yourself out there and go after what you want - a wife and family. It will come to your more easily if you are open to the women you meet
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
 
3,573 posts, read 3,266,851 times
Reputation: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Actually, if she had the baby in March she probably got pregnant in June...does that change anything for you? Could it possibly be yours?
I'm thinking that too. Are you sure she didn't have a little froggie in March? And if she still wants to see you. I'd see her and the baby and see if the baby looks like you.

Ok, just read the other posts and you're sure 100% it's not your child.

Don't turn to stone and punish future women that you date because of a couple of jerks. I've dated and married a jerk but I still have hope that there's a good guy out there for me. I don't put my past relationship troubles into my current or future relationships. Just remember, everyone is different and learn from your past relationships.

If you keep on finding cheaters, find out why you are attracting them. Seriously. I was getting the same type of man and couldn't figure it out until I started analyzing it. Now I can pick up the traits of what isn't right for me and move on.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:28 AM
 
18,644 posts, read 14,247,258 times
Reputation: 15339
Sometimes it is best to follow the advise of dogs... Kick some grass over that pile of **** and walk away.

Tell her to FOAD **** off and die and move on.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 12:41 AM
 
2,503 posts, read 1,760,029 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Now I typically don't like to attract attention to myself, but with how angry I am right now, I just reeeeeeeally want to vent about something. And it's my first threat! JOY!

I've said in previous posts that my previous relationship ended a year ago in August. When we broke up I severed most ties with her but I didn't try to end it on any negative notes and said that maybe one day we might see each other again. She was happy with that, but apparently she was a *****.

Now admittedly, there was one month, July, where we had very little contact, but she still contacted me and said she still wanted us to happen. Well, during that month, and probably a month or so before that, she was drilling some guy behind my back. This was confirmed by some random text tonight that she gave birth to a child in March, so if I do some basic math, July to March is about 9 months right? So she kept a secret from me for a year that she was cheating on me. CHEATING!!! The one thing I CANNOT STAND IN THE WORLD!

Now I'm going to just open the thread, because I could start spouting hellfire and brimstone and all that crap. But it's going to be more difficult to sleep tonight. This makes 2 women that has cheated on me in relationships. Yeah I'm dumb as rocks.
Ouch! Sorry about that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 02:41 AM
 
11,001 posts, read 6,947,729 times
Reputation: 8239
Look on the bright side. You didn't know at the time she was a two timing liar, but at least you found out about it eventually and should be glad that woman got pregnant so as to reveal what a liar and cheater she is. You dodged a bullet, that child could have been yours!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 AM
 
16,052 posts, read 7,960,044 times
Reputation: 11508
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I'm thinking that too. Are you sure she didn't have a little froggie in March? And if she still wants to see you. I'd see her and the baby and see if the baby looks like you.

Ok, just read the other posts and you're sure 100% it's not your child.

Don't turn to stone and punish future women that you date because of a couple of jerks. I've dated and married a jerk but I still have hope that there's a good guy out there for me. I don't put my past relationship troubles into my current or future relationships. Just remember, everyone is different and learn from your past relationships.

If you keep on finding cheaters, find out why you are attracting them. Seriously. I was getting the same type of man and couldn't figure it out until I started analyzing it. Now I can pick up the traits of what isn't right for me and move on.
That child is not mine, through complications that happened at the end of the relationship.

I won't bring up problems from other women into future relationships, but after seeing how quickly the trust dissolved with her, that's where I'm going to have the problem at. It will be my problem and not her problem(if it isn't her problem in the first place) and I'm going to have a more difficult time trusting other women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Look on the bright side. You didn't know at the time she was a two timing liar, but at least you found out about it eventually and should be glad that woman got pregnant so as to reveal what a liar and cheater she is. You dodged a bullet, that child could have been yours!
Something else about her is she told me that she wasn't a liar and a cheater because her last fiance(she was engaged) was cheating on her, and didn't want to put that pain onto other people. She lied about that, too! She lied about a lot of things to me I guess, which is why this one hurts so much. It felt like they were doing this on purpose to get that last "Ha ha! F you!" in while taking a machete and going to town. I thought I was over this stupid woman a long time ago, and I was! Until last night, now it's going to take more time for me to get over that situation and move on. Yeah I know the child isn't mine and I should be overjoyed, but I can't over the trust dissolving as fast as it did.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top