Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,669,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Let me start by...RAAAAANCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I leave for London for ONE WEEK, and this is what you do?! Shame on you! Hm, though I did see something nice at Harrods...Want a trip to the beautiful city of London by any chance? We'll swing by on our way to...Canada? (Ok, a looooong trip over an ocean, but still)
So...what did you see? A wedding dress? Hmmm...honeymoon in London? Ok...but I will not sign a pre-nup!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:16 PM

72,325 posts, read 18,155,208 times
Wow! RANCE, you are sooooooooooo romantic!

Arctic Kitten lets show a romantic guy in Tahiti no! no!.... a guy in Alaska!

Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,171,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
This is just my personal opinion, but I don't want a man to be worse off for having loved and married me...I want to be a blessing and an improvement or added benefit to his life. Even if we break up I want him to be better off for having known me. I certainly hope my lover would reciprocate this sentiment. I don't want to be worse off either.
Wow! With an attitude like that, who needs a pre-nup?!

Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,284,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMX View Post
Wow! With an attitude like that, who needs a pre-nup?!
Hey it sounds like good hearted people come in pairs

Old 08-09-2007, 07:37 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,284,308 times
I for one...would not go the prenup route. I am willing to risk it all man. I might consider signing one if she presented me with one. But I would not give her one to sign. It's just stuff. If taking all my stuff would make her happy...by gosh she can have it all. I can always get more. I love livin on the edge man.[/QUOTE

Hey now that's faith...I like the "it's just stuff" mentality and your willingness to chance losing it all...is a "risk" and "living on edge" U r a thrill seeker ...what away to live...

Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,342,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
To me, a prenup would be like practically saying: "I don't trust you or that this marriage will last, and when it breaks apart, you will not be worth anything of what I've got".
woowoo!! Someone who thinks the way I do.. and can say it better!!

Missed ya Sweden!!! Did you get any good pics of London?

(((hugs)))

Old 08-09-2007, 08:25 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,224,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Hey it sounds like good hearted people come in pairs
If everyone had this attitude, there'd be no need for a prenup for anyone at all.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
If everyone had this attitude, there'd be no need for a prenup for anyone at all.
Very true! great attitude!

Old 08-09-2007, 09:32 AM

131 posts, read 376,334 times
Well, it depends on how you see a prenup. I agree it doesn't sound romantic but they say prenups are made to protect what you have earned while single and some family properties you inherited before you get married, so what's scary in that. If a guy who wants to marry me, just want to protect their family heirloom.. I don't see any problem in that.

Of course you marry for love, with all the hopes and dreams. We all wish to stay with our partners for better and worse, forever. We don't have any divorce here in our country so I see couples trying to patch things up as much as possible. But for a country where divorce is normal, all couples started -- loving each other and building their dreams together. Nobody wants to start a marriage thinking it will end soon. Its the "what if" thing. What if after 10 years, a couple drifted apart. Not because of a third party, but because of mutual agreement that they cannot live together anymore. Divorce is emotionally painful enough for both. It will be more painful to fight over properties. Some say prenuptial agreements are signs that your partner doesn't trust you. But you see, nobody knows how a person will react during divorce. You are not even sure how a person will act after you get married. So prenups in a way, protects both parties not just the one who initiated it.

But I agree prenuptial agreements are not for everyone. Its a case to case basis for some. For me, before I react violently I will try to read the prenuptial agreement if my future husband offers me one. It might be reasonable and a good thing for me too. I guess it really depends on what is written there. Plus, if you don't agree, you can always tell your partner what you want and not want in agreement too. If you don't want a prenup, then a compromise between parties can happen if you really love each other.

For now, I am single and no offers of marriage haha. So I don't know if I will sign one or not. Anything can happen in the future. Someone might make me so deliriously happy, I will sign everything haha. Things can go wrong too, wrong timing, wrong delivery of the prenuptial agreement - hence no agreement. Or maybe I'll get married without one. One never knows hehe. One way or another, I hope you get a decent man or woman with or without the prenup and live happily ever after... shrek

Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 AM

Why do you think that it's the man offering the prenup? What kind of thinking is that? Why can't you think it's both or the woman suggesting it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships