Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:30 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatiana1 View Post
I recently met a guy who told me that he has a girlfriend but that it is not serious and that it is "just sex". I kept saying to myself if this guy is stupid or what because how is sex not serious? Isn't sex how people get lifetime diseases such as genital herpes, hiv and other STDs?????? That's not a serious issue? If he goes to the doctor and he has to pay $300 to be seen and another $200 for the prescription drugs to cure the STD, isn't that serious, especially if he is uninsured? Maybe the men on this forum can weigh in and help me understand the complex brain of men. Women can weigh in too if they understand men better than me.

This isn't a relationship you want to be in. How is he calling the other female his "girlfriend" and "it's just sex" in the same sentence. He would probably say the same about you.

Get away from him --- he's not worth your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:38 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
I have a friend, I've known her for years. It's just sex. She comes over, we have sex, she leaves. We attend the same functions as we are in the same circle of friends, we talk, but we don't do things alone...except sex. But I don't call her girlfriend. She's a friends with benefits. I'm not convinced this guy you are telling us about is in the same type situation. I'd never call my friend "girlfriend".

Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
I recently met a guy who told me that he has a girlfriend but that it is not serious and that it is "just sex". I kept saying to myself if this guy is stupid or what because how is sex not serious? Isn't sex how people get lifetime diseases such as genital herpes, hiv and other STDs?????? That's not a serious issue? If he goes to the doctor and he has to pay $300 to be seen and another $200 for the prescription drugs to cure the STD, isn't that serious, especially if he is uninsured? Maybe the men on this forum can weigh in and help me understand the complex brain of men. Women can weigh in too if they understand men better than me.
That's his way of telling you he'd like to have sex with you too, if you like cheaters.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Maybe it is just sex for him. If his gf is fine with them having sex without an emotional attachment then it works for them. Who am I to question someone's morals or sexual health?

If you are considering a relationship with this guy then you can question all of the above otherwise, it's really not your place to worry about it.

It's not a "men" issue, it's a responsibility issue and it applies to both men and women. Until you are in a committed, monogamous relationship, it's upon you to protect your sexual health. Even then, it's not 100% guaranteed.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM

228 posts, read 500,205 times
Quote:
NO, no. With her. I guess he was trying to tell me he is not committed to her and that to him it is purely physical.
So the two of you are looking for different things, what's the problem? Nothing wrong with he and this woman having a purely sexual relationship. If that's not for you, then find someone else. Why let it bother you?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
So he views sex differently than you. Since you arent having sex with him, how is it any of your business?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,229 times
I agree w/ many others... move along... sounds like he is a "player" and if you don't want to be part of the team/ fan club then you need to find another relationship. Unless you are into just sex yourself, seems like this will not be anything but sex... I've been in a simular situation but mine was 6 months of correspondence first with many promises... which all were lies and manipulation.. at least this guy was honest and up front with what he expects... not that it is would be my expectations but he was upfront and honest.... good luck

Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
At least the guy's being honest. I love that about men, then you know when to move along.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:22 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
At least the guy's being honest. I love that about men, then you know when to move along.
I wonder who the guy is honest to, OP or his "girlfriend.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
It is very difficult to view sex as "serious" when one wears a red nose, checkered suit and big floppy shoes while engaging in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships