Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: American women Vs. European women
American Women 26 29.89%
European Women 61 70.11%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Oh, by the way, I'm not usually one who gets into post counts and rep points and all that, but to address your little dig about 'very few people caring about what I say', well if you look on any of my posts here or anywhere else on City Data, you'll see that I have over twice as many reps as I do actual posts...which means that over 2600 times since I joined, including one for the post you quoted, people saw fit to 'rep' me because they (wait for it) cared about what I had to say...ironic, isn't it?
It's the truth.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
This is a shallow statement. What is wrong with the top picture, two American girls exploring a new place?
Its easy to tell they are Americans in Russia for many reasons. Nothing wrong with it per se. Shallow is a relative term. When is comes to appearance, Americans display their shallowness with automobiles and suburban lawns, among other things. Americans spend very little, relatively speaking, on both food and clothing and it shows.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 06-22-2011 at 08:45 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

You are always mentioning your marriage and how great it is. If it is not happy then it is bad with the amount of times you mention it.

Marriage is a crock you making it seem like that. With the amount of times you mention it. I don't think it is a crock. I just think that the double standards that exist really make men look like the evil one. So I visit a prostitute once that automatically makes me gross? Yet, my fiance had unprotected sex with the bad boy who was a serial cheater. Yeah which one is more gross The problem being is that women automatically gain up on a guy's decision whereas with a woman's decision they try to rationalize it.

So yeah......

I do agree that a smile and something nice said goes a long way. But you have to hide the true you till after sex. Which is something I don't like to do. I don't like to fake it. That is just wrong to me and her. But whatever...
OKay - I didn't say my marriage wasn't great - it is - I just didn't say it in the post that you quoted. I merely mentioned that I didn't marry my husband for his money and you went off on how I always talk about how great my marriage is. But you know what - my marriage is great! I'm really happy and I'm sorry if some people have a problem with that! He's the best thing that ever happened to me!

People complain so much about double standards - men and women. Well you know what? Yes - there are some double standards. You can either complain about them or you can just get on with your life and live it the best way you see fit. Life is not always fair. That's just the way things are. And I get annoyed with both men and women when they complain about how the other gender is awful because it just isn't true. We are all individuals and we are all different. There are good and bad in both genders. It's just a fact of life. The point is to find the the people that you mesh with and who cares about the rest of them. And why on earth would you have to hide the true you until after sex? I never hide who I am. What would be the point? How would you ever know if you are compatible with someone if you aren't even being yourself? Lay all your cards on the table up front and go from there. That's always been my philosphy.

And as for all the people saying how much hotter women are in one country or the next - who cares. To be honest with you - almost all of my friends are very attractive and in great shape. Of course, I live in NYC and many of my friends are performers like me. But among my friends, people have a tendency to be too skinny as opposed to being obese.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:55 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
We get it!

You have a happy marriage so quit posting it in every thread

This is a bad thing about people. They can't stop when they feel right. Just let it go. Nothing will change people's mind.
Good grief, you sound like a child. How old are you?

People have happy marriages, get over it already. The minority are the whiners and complainers and women-haters. Most people who post here are quite content in their relationship.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Good grief, you sound like a child. How old are you?

People have happy marriages, get over it already. The minority are the whiners and complainers and women-haters. Most people who post here are quite content in their relationship.
Damn. I am happy I am not an enemy of yours!

Last edited by JustJulia; 06-23-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Damn. I am happy I am not an enemy of yours!

You are one of the cool guys here

Old 06-22-2011, 09:22 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
OKay - I didn't say my marriage wasn't great - it is - I just didn't say it in the post that you quoted. I merely mentioned that I didn't marry my husband for his money and you went off on how I always talk about how great my marriage is. But you know what - my marriage is great! I'm really happy and I'm sorry if some people have a problem with that! He's the best thing that ever happened to me!

People complain so much about double standards - men and women. Well you know what? Yes - there are some double standards. You can either complain about them or you can just get on with your life and live it the best way you see fit. Life is not always fair. That's just the way things are. And I get annoyed with both men and women when they complain about how the other gender is awful because it just isn't true. We are all individuals and we are all different. There are good and bad in both genders. It's just a fact of life. The point is to find the the people that you mesh with and who cares about the rest of them. And why on earth would you have to hide the true you until after sex? I never hide who I am. What would be the point? How would you ever know if you are compatible with someone if you aren't even being yourself? Lay all your cards on the table up front and go from there. That's always been my philosphy.

And as for all the people saying how much hotter women are in one country or the next - who cares. To be honest with you - almost all of my friends are very attractive and in great shape. Of course, I live in NYC and many of my friends are performers like me. But among my friends, people have a tendency to be too skinny as opposed to being obese.
Hi Dewdrop93,

I'll grant you that this topic is often used to get under the skin of women in this forum, often by a bitter and twisted sort of man. Notice that there will be no objection to this generalization. I accept the double standards as well. It was nature's call. Yet there is some truth in it that there is an underestimation of the role of how a woman looks in many circles. Of course you don't care anymore than I do about the flagging ambition of the menfolk. Its not all there is, but it has its place. Its also too often placed in the context of "shallow" in which you will have to excuse me when I wonder how it is we appreciate a good paint job over our own bodies. Many people run to a body shop over a scratch, but pounds of sag in burlap is deep and meaningful. Its deep dish pizza across from Walmart is what it is.

NYC happens to have a reputation of having more attractive women. Its probably true especially in Manhattan. Some people like mountains, but I understand my grandfather was board in one day and drove back from Colorado to go back to fishing in Wisconsin. I like the four corners of Colorado, Arizona, Utah and New Mexico as well as women of an average size in heels and pencil skirts. I will rave about wherever I happen to see such views. Why care about anything? Who cares about baby pictures? Shouldn't it be about a baby's character? If women tell me what they like, its good to know. They like what they like.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 PM

48,514 posts, read 34,800,001 times
I was out buying shoes... can someone fill me in?!!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Dewdrop93,

Many people run to a body shop over a scratch, but pounds of sag in burlap is deep and meaningful. Its deep dish pizza across from Walmart is what it is.
The thing is, is my circles, eating disorders are more common than obesity. We spend so much time harping on obesity - and I grant you it's a problem - but I see much more of anorexia and bulimia than I do of obesity. And yes - it's probably because of where I have lived and my profession - but still, it's a sore subject with me. When I hear people complaining that Americans don't care enough about health - I guess it just rubs me the wrong way because that has not been my personal experience.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 PM

48,514 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Here is a photo of Rutgers University visiting Russia.

This is not at all atypical.

Here is a photo of Russian college girls.

They are not all models. Its just that there are no sweats and not that sedentary, chunky look. Obesity is very rare in this age group.

It really is incredible how difficult it is to find ordinary people, but I'd say its pretty representative.
Percentage of obese women in Russia: 27.9 the highest of those countries list.

Obesity Worldwide - Global Overweight

And not related by hilarious considering some of the men on this thread....

"Over the last decade, which would be 1999 through 2008, we found no significant increase in the prevalence of obesity among adult women, but we did find a significant increase in men over that same period, from about 27.5 percent to 32 percent," Ogden said.
But more recently, those increases in men appear to be slowing, Ogden said, noting there has been no change in obesity among males between 2003 and 2008.

U.S. obesity rate appears to be slowing: study | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.