Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:20 PM

454 posts, read 595,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
why would you want a scorpio?
Because they are loyal, passionate,ambitious, mysterious & possessive.
I used to date one best time of my life until he left me for a pretty Pisces
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:23 PM

37,495 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
First off. There is more to Miami than what is sold off in the media and movies. Yes it has south beach and stuff where there are plenty of hotties on the beach. Yes it has rich areas that you see on TV like Biscayne and Coral Gables and Coconut grove. If you live in those zip codes you may love Miami.

But beyond that is the vast majority of Miami and surrounding areas where everyday people live and they are not all fantasy sun bathing perfect works of human art. Where the cost of living vs the wages suck. Where your property taxes and insurance is triple than anywhere else in Florida including Orlando and Tampa but wages aren't.

What you'll find in everyday Miami is sickening traffic with a lot of lowered Honda fast & furious wanna bees who's main dialogue is "yo dawg" mixed with other cars that most people can barely afford to keep but must maintain that image.

You'll find that people look at you as mentally unstable if you say hello to them at a checkout. Even more in horror if you say hello and not hola.

Where a city that is mega sized has only one blues bar, no rock clubs, no country clubs , but a zillion spanish cafes. Where you won't see any events hardly other than calle ocho street fest and hip hop memorial day weekend on south beach. If you are beyond normal wealthy and only into latin and hip hop than its a great place. If you are a tourist than it is a great place, other than that there are far better places to live. Even Ft Lauderdale is a different planet than Miami.
Times 10. Miami used to be the coolest place. Now, it's crap city. Such a shame.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,673,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
My quick advice.....If guys aren't approaching you, approach them. Most guys I know don't have a major issue with this and I know some successful relationships, where the woman made the first move.
I agree with this, but would add that many women may come across as heterophobic for not doing it; and PC being what it is, some guys wouldn't want to offend committed practitioners of the philosophy of the Ilse of Lesbos.

Besides, not many American males are that heterophobic.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM

13,584 posts, read 21,356,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Times 10. Miami used to be the coolest place. Now, it's crap city. Such a shame.

I hate to word this way but Miami is a prime example of "white flight". I actually love diversity and think spanish women are hot but when you are made to feel out of place you will leave for more familiar pastures, and that is what I did.

Where I am at now has every thing and every kind of body Miami has but also has the music and wide diversity of events and things Miami does not. I know where there are latin clubs to go to, dance clubs, and all that. I see so many different types of people but also people like me too, rock n roll people, which in some sense means white english speaking people to be blunt who appreciate guitar rock music.

Along with latin festivals and hip hop there are also rodeos, reniaissance fairs and known rock acts that come in concert where I am now. Plus wage are as good or better but costs of living better usually. Beautiful beaches, horse back country, diverse landscape, beautiful women on the beach just like Miami. There are actually stretches of forest between neighborhoods...trees! unlike Miami. And it is closer to other areas to go to like Orlando or Daytona or more southern flavor north Florida. Talking about the Tampa area.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The desert. Take a trip there and you'll definitely find scorpions.
Nah. There are Capricorns in our desert! They are Scorpios in disguise, though!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,642,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
Yes I am a Cancer too and Scorpios are our perfect match!
Sweet! I just haven't met any scorps though. I only met one but he was taken by a libra.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,642,939 times
Quote:
Because they are loyal, passionate,ambitious, mysterious & possessive.
I used to date one best time of my life until he left me for a pretty Pisces
Awww I'm sorry. Dang fishes!

Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 PM

454 posts, read 595,832 times
Scorpions what do you look for in a woman?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,342,789 times
Quote:
Scorpions what do you look for in a woman?

Are you certain you wish to take this path? From the gist of the discussion , it sounds as if you are being influenced by society , or 'friends' who are attempting to impose their lifestyle upon you. My advice for you is , step back , and carefully consider the pros and cons of having a life partner. I don't know how old you are , but I'm sensing you are likely younger than 25 , factoring in your 'shortlist'. Whatever you decide to do , proceed logically , and avoid thinking 'with your heart' , as excessive misdirected emotion may potentially lead to your downfall. Good luck in your endeavour.

And this , my dear , is from a 'Scorpio'.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:37 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,293,795 times
Quote:
I want a guy who is
1. 25 & up I got this once twice
2. Muscly well yeah, in a couple places
3. Worksout religiously Yes, I pray
4. Good sense of humor sure
5. Intelligent yeah, well, yeah
6. Graduated college
7.Looking to get married
8. Great in bed yes, even when other people are there
9. Sweet that too
10. Knows how to dance
11. Spontaneous Sometimes I have gas, but I can control that
12. Knows what he wants out of life yeah, I just don't think it's gonna happen

OH and he has to be a Scorpio
How'd I do? I am a Cancer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships