Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
wow you sound like the perfect sex partner
That's what he said last night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM

181 posts, read 305,727 times
My ex got angry when I asked her to. And she tested negative. I asked her...what was the big deal and she said that I didn't trust her. Well from then on, the relationship went downhill from there. Life is full of choices. There is a extremely small number of people who are going to commit in a relationship and not take care of their STD problem. And then you have the majority of the people that NEVER KNOW. Nonetheless, I agree with SierraAZ.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Think about it... while it may be a great idea to "demand" your sex partner get checked out before you have sex, that's not necessarily going to happen.

You should at least inspect their parts for any signs of wear and tear or strange smells and leaks before you get down and dirdy.

If they object to that... don't 'eff em.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM

83 posts, read 280,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallenfranchise View Post
My ex got angry when I asked her to. And she tested negative. I asked her...what was the big deal and she said that I didn't trust her. Well from then on, the relationship went downhill from there. Life is full of choices. There is a extremely small number of people who are going to commit in a relationship and not take care of their STD problem. And then you have the majority of the people that NEVER KNOW. Nonetheless, I agree with SierraAZ.

She probably thought she had something(even though she tested negative) and became defensive. If there's nothing to hide, I don't see the problem. If my girlfriend asks me to get tested, no problem. I have nothing to hide.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:23 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
If there's nothing to hide, I don't see the problem. If my girlfriend asks me to get tested, no problem. I have nothing to hide.
My thoughts exactly. I don't even know where to begin with the other responses about inspecting body parts and such. AIDS and Hepatitis B for example can be present without visual clues on genital parts. When STD'S like herpes or AIDS which are lifelong and not curable, I say it's better to be safe than sorry. I value my health apparently way more than some on this board and the complete ignorance of HOW STD's are transmitted and able to be detected is crazy.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:37 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
My thoughts exactly. I don't even know where to begin with the other responses about inspecting body parts and such. AIDS and Hepatitis B for example can be present without visual clues on genital parts. When STD'S like herpes or AIDS which are lifelong and not curable, I say it's better to be safe than sorry. I value my health apparently way more than some on this board and the complete ignorance of HOW STD's are transmitted and able to be detected is crazy.
I agree. I'd like people who think you can look at someone and tell if they have an STD too look at my profile. I'm a long term survivor of AIDS. I look and act healthy. Look at my profile. That is what AIDS looks like

Old 06-16-2011, 02:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I agree. I'd like people who think you can look at someone and tell if they have an STD too look at my profile. I'm a long term survivor of AIDS. I look and act healthy. Look at my profile. That is what AIDS looks like
Hope your coping well JennyMomin.All the best.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:39 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
All sex that I have is 100% protected until I go monogamous with them.
Somewhere along that route I'll tell them that I get annual tests for all STDs, and won't go unprotected until they do.
That including testing for Herpes (HHV-2) which is often left out of the standard "test for all STDs" panel unless you specifically ask for it.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Let me quote you some basic common sense about STD's

2.A person may have HPV or other things and NOT know it if they haven't gone for an exam or been tested in awhile.
Basic common sense is that no doctor routinely tests for HPV except once a year for women over 30 with their PAP smear. The reason is because most people have it or have had it. Get yer facts straight yo!

Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
You're doing a good deed by being so open!

I had a friend who like you was a long time survivor, and he looked great! Completely healthy and vibrant. He died recently from something unrelated, but one of his legacies is that I and many others have taken STD testing much more seriously, after knowing him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships