Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times

Advertisements

not really though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 11:10 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
Directed towards the OP,

I cannot speak for all the women on this forum but I can speak for myself.
I tend to gravitate towards the shy type...

I am quiet and shy myself and I also tend to NOT want to be the center of attention, it is worse, I do not like for men to stare at me, it makes me feel uneasy..

I always respect a man whom holds him self with confidence but does not need to be the "attention *****" In my opinion men whom behave like this are inseure and need to have their ego's stroked ALL the time and I do not have the time nor the patience..lol..

With that said the thing that I feel stops "shy" guys is that they seldom approach and it is only when placed in certain social situations where they are forced to speak that you actually realize they are interested in you ( But this does not occur often)..

Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP,

I cannot speak for all the women on this forum but I can speak for myself.
I tend to gravitate towards the shy type...

I am quiet and shy myself and I also tend to NOT want to be the center of attention, it is worse, I do not like for men to stare at me, it makes me feel uneasy..

I always respect a man whom holds him self with confidence but does not need to be the "attention *****" In my opinion men whom behave like this are inseure and need to have their ego's stroked ALL the time and I do not have the time nor the patience..lol..

With that said the thing that I feel stops "shy" guys is that they seldom approach and it is only when placed in certain social situations where they are forced to speak that you actually realize they are interested in you ( But this does not occur often)..
Totally agree about the ego stroking stuff. Maybe the quiet types are better off moving to another country where it is considered a sign of respect to be that way.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I'm in my mid-20's. I have a lot going for me. I am highly sensitive, understanding, a good listener, and nice as long as I am treated with respect. I have a very decent, high-paying job with benefits. I have a ton of money saved up. I have a nice car. I work out a lot and have a nice athletic figure. I've always been a pretty quiet and shy person unless I am around certain types of people. Those situations are rare but when it happens I'm a lot more outgoing and talkative. For the most part my tendency and habit is to just be very quiet around people and seek to be the opposite of the center of attention in any social situation. I rarely attend social events at work and when I do it's just always so awkward for me.

From my observations on here, it seems like there are women who are actually genuinely attracted to the shy/quiet types. Let's say you see a good looking guy with everything I mentioned above but he appears to be shy/awkward or just really quiet. Do you ever crush on these types? I used to think that no women would be attracted to that but it seems like some out there actually are. Is this true? Why are you attracted? How do I know you are crushing on me? I'm just curious more than anything.

You just described my boyfriend..He is very shy..He dont talk around a lot of people. I am the complete opposite of him..He said he likes my openess..I told him..he is able to see people because he observes them and that is a good quality.
He is the one who pursued me, It was his gentleness that and quiet nature that attracted me to him..
Since I wasn't shy I had no problem showing him I was very much interested. He was able to show me too.
He has to feel comfortable to talk to people and when he is he comes out of his shell..He is actually very funny
One thing he does have is confidence...he is shy not insecure..
When someone likes you they have no trouble showing you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships