Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
homebodies rock! so shut up you will be fine
Some people like homebodies?? I know I like them, but I thought most guys like super outgoing girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Some people like homebodies?? I know I like them, but I thought most guys like super outgoing girls.
some do and some dont....I dont need to be out on the town all the time so I guess I prefer homebodies...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:48 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Quote:
At least moderately outgoing.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 PM

494 posts, read 1,609,869 times
Depends.

An outgoing girl couldn't hang with me as she would find me boring as hell lol, and I would find her incompatible likewise. When I'm not working, I love to be at home and maybe playing a few games. Take a bike ride. Watch a bit of TV, and call it day. I may go watch the occasional movie, but there honestly isn't much to do around these parts, unlike you like to drink, eat, and shop. As a result, I stay at home mostly.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:06 AM

346 posts, read 507,455 times
I just wanted to say that when I was young and in my 20's, I didn't party all the time (in fact I am a late bloomer in those regards) I did have friends and a moderately active social life and I wound up falling in love with my now-husband who is a self proclaimed homebody.

We met at work.

Love usually finds you when you aren't looking

Old 06-17-2011, 06:24 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
You know being in a relationship or a long term marriage doesn’t necessarily guarantee that you won't be lonely. There are plenty of threads in this forum started by people who are married and lonely. I think it is much more painful to be in a room with another person and still feel all alone. There are many favorite sayings and proverbs dealing with love probably going back 100's if not 1000's of years. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread" maybe you are the latter.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:45 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Thriftlefty, I think when people publish these threads, they're hoping for a good, functional relationship, not a dying one. I'd rather be alone by myself than alone with someone, but I'd rather be incredibly happy with someone than alone by myself.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:53 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
*sigh* I thought I was happy about being single, but reading about a few people here being in love with someone and wanting to marry them is starting to make me want that too. Dont get me wrong I'm happy for those people, but I just wish I could find someone to love and to love me back like that too.

Does anyone else get that feeling seeing friends, family, and acquaintances getting that while you aren't??

Dont rush it..take this time to get to know yourself..when the time is right it will happen..love is best when its unexpected..its a wonderful surprise.
Enhance your qualitites so you have something to offer in the relationship..love yourself and soon someone will see that and love you too..
Good luck

Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
I always say "if you want the right person, you have to be the right person." You have to know yourself so you'll know what you won't put up with in a guy. If a guy shows you interest, be on your toes because you need to know what's up with that (guys can give you attention for the wrong reason) instead of thinking your fairy tale love story will come true. Other than that, 19 is too young to worry about not having a relationship (even though a good friend of mine got married out of high school but that's a different story) so enjoy life and you'll never know, the right guy will pop in someday.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 AM

66 posts, read 134,775 times
Grass is always greener on the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships