Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 PM

9 posts, read 11,481 times

Advertisements

Two months ago my husband and I decided to move out to my family's ranch to help them. At first it seemed like the right thing to do because my uncles getting older. However I feel like my aunt is destroying what we have as married couple. She completely runs our lives now.

What I need help with is an appropriate way to tell her to back off. I really don't want to move away and leave them high and dry. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times
In what ways does your aunt run your lives?? Could you please specify??

Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,172,649 times
Directed towards the OP..

I wholly agree with CMP...more info is needed before advice can be given

Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
Are you serious? Grow a set and take care of business.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:10 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
Your aunt cannot run your lives unless you let her do so. Wanna know how to tell her? Discuss with the ol man and define your postion, together communicate your joint position with her in plain english. This is one of those threads where you have the feeling that things have been left unsaid that effect the actual reality of the situation.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:40 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
I agree! Tell your aunt to back off!
Explain to her that you do not want to leave them in a hard place but if it means costing you your marriage, then you are both outta there. ~

Old 06-17-2011, 05:38 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Your aunt cannot run your lives unless you let her do so. Wanna know how to tell her? Discuss with the ol man and define your postion, together communicate your joint position with her in plain english. This is one of those threads where you have the feeling that things have been left unsaid that effect the actual reality of the situation.
Well, yes, things probably were left unsaid in the OP. Many of these situations occur because things have been left unsaid.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umisara77 View Post
Two months ago my husband and I decided to move out to my family's ranch to help them. At first it seemed like the right thing to do because my uncles getting older. However I feel like my aunt is destroying what we have as married couple. She completely runs our lives now.

What I need help with is an appropriate way to tell her to back off. I really don't want to move away and leave them high and dry. Any suggestions?

Yeah let your aunt do it..she likes to run things...I'm sure she can run the ranch...

Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM

32 posts, read 37,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yeah let your aunt do it..she likes to run things...I'm sure she can run the ranch...
heh, exactly what i was wondering, if she is such a good boss, let her run her own damn ranch. Sounds to me like she is not appreciating what you two do for her.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:27 AM

538 posts, read 1,521,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Well, yes, things probably were left unsaid in the OP. Many of these situations occur because things have been left unsaid.
Ding ding ding! Hopefully the OP can read between the lines here ^^^

Let me put it another way, with an example between two 14 year olds who are dating:

Lady Goo: "Hey, Betty, Justin said that he likes to look at pictures of your brother. I think he's gay!"
Betty: "No way! That is gross. I am not talking to him anymore!"
Justin: "Hi, Betty!"
Betty: [walks away]
Justin: "What is wrong!"
Betty: "I can't believe you would do that?!"
Justin: "Do what?"
Betty: "You know what I am talking about!"

Lady Goo: "See, Betty, I told you he was gross."

Betty: "Mommy, Justin and I broke up."
Mommy: "Wow, Betty, I have noticed that Lady Goo has something to do with you breaking up with all of your boyfriends. Is something going on?"

Frank: "Hey, Justin, I heard that you look at pictures of Betty's brother?"
Justin: "What?! Who told you that?"
Frank: "Uh, Lady Goo. Isn't is true? Everything she says is true!"

[this is where it gets all Dawson's Creek when teenagers are no why this bright in real life]
Justin: "Betty, Lady Goo broke us up! Why didn't you communicate with me about your concerns instead of just believing her? Having strong communication skills with your SO is really important when you have poisonous friendships like Lady Goo in your life!"
Betty: "You're weird. Lady Goo and I are going to the beach where I can meet a real man!"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships