Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 12:02 PM

190 posts, read 190,329 times

Advertisements

i have studied middle eastern studies and since i did that middle east woman seem to flock to me even in burkas

Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
I have a female cousin who married a Muslim Iranian guy. This is as LONG before there was any animosities between the USA and Iran and terrorism was practically unheard of.

According to her, he was the nicest guy ever while they were dating. Very soon after they married he turned into a monster. He became totally possessive and accused her of all kinds of things which weren't true. He wouldn't allow her to have any cash, credit cards, or checks. When any shopping needed done, he had to accompany her. He refused to allow her to see her family and wouldn't allow them yo visit. He basically treated her like a piece of property, tried to force her to convert, and became violent if she did anything he felt was wrong. The abuse was physical and psychological.

She finally snuck out of the house to a Women's Shelter and they arranged for her to get a PFA against him after he beat her for accidentally burning food.

Soon thereafter she divorced him, but he still stalked her for a few years until he moved back to Iran. Luckily, they never had kids (which was another reason he'd abuse her).

It was a very sad situation when she was afraid to talk to me while they were married for fear of being beaten.

Posted with TapaTalk
I have a cousin that married a middle Eastern guy. Similar situation while dating. The guy seemed very Liberal: Smoked pot, had Gay and Jewish friends. Fast foward 10 years later: She Converted, wears middle Eastern clothing and head covering, No more Gay or Jewish friends. She has a good job and can leave the house and what not but you would think that they lived in a moderate Muslim country, which is still not moderate by our standards. He's a nice enough guy but part of him resents America and Americans.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:59 PM

206 posts, read 254,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have tremendous respects toward Shayetet 13 - aka Flotilla 13 the Israeli military special force guys.

They specialize in hostage rescue and counter-terrorism.

Totally bad ass totally cool totally admirable !!

Not everybody from middle east is terrorist. :O
No, but their identities are all highly classified as well as their whereabouts and "they" aren't the norm.

Go down to BP or 7 Eleven......

Yep, that's him or her.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:32 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
No, but their identities are all highly classified as well as their whereabouts and "they" aren't the norm.

Go down to BP or 7 Eleven......

Yep, that's him or her.

lol silly

Old 09-12-2013, 07:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
I would absolutely date someone from the Middle East. It's the cradle of civilisation don't you know....they were writing learned scripts when our ancestors were still running around beating each other with clubs.

I would NOT however be able to date a Muslim. Their "hygiene" habits are just too much for my delicate Western sensibilities.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:54 PM

206 posts, read 254,761 times
On a more serious note...

I haven't met one yet that would date me, once they know everything.

It's a non issue for me.

Never even had one remotely "flirt".

Something about (you) they don't like........

I'm fine with that.

I lost some too.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malijac View Post
I am from the Middle East (Iran to be specific), a Christian, Caucasian living in New Mexico. I do have a slight accent. When I meet women and they ask me where I am from, I always have this underlying fear that they would not be interested in me due to animosity between the governments.

So I want to ask this question: would you date someone from the Middle East? Would you care?
I have. I dated a guy from Jordan (and a Muslim) for about a year.

I loved getting to know his family, friends, and culture.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Ugh I just cant with the poo/hand thing.

Nope.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 PM

438 posts, read 946,976 times
I'd never rule out anyone solely due to race/ethnicity, but I wouldn't date someone who was overly religious (I'm ok with moderates like my husband, who don't pester me about their beliefs or push them onto me). I am willing to occasionally attend religious services with a partner, but will not pray, wear head coverings, donate money, etc. If guys are willing to accept that, cool. Culturally, the person I'm with must acknowledge the equality of women. I am not a subservient participant in the relationship and if a guy tells me I'm supposed to submit to him, he'll get laughed in the face. So, if I'd met a Middle Eastern guy who fit those parameters, I'd have given it a go. As is, I married a latino guy, but since he's not into the machismo thing we get along splendidly

Old 09-13-2013, 04:01 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
No, I wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships