Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 06:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

I think each person can be their own enemy to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:31 PM

869 posts, read 971,835 times
Quote:
Raena77 wrote: I think each person can be their own enemy to themselves.
I agree! I once played chess with a fellow who seemingly effortlessly avoided a complicated trap I had set for him. I was very impressed by his insight into the positiion. Then on his next move he jumped right back into the trap as quickly as he had escaped it.

How about when that Irish boxer, [Jimmy Conn?] had outpointed Joe Louis foir fourteen rounds and all he needed to do was coast for that last round by keeping the distance as his corner was telling him to. He threw it away by going in for a knockout and got himself knocked out instead.

Sometimes it does seem as if we are our worse enemy.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,310,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't mind a woman. You sure as hell wouldn't tell a woman to date women if she loathed guys.

You people are something else.

"You people"...do you mean women? Do you loathe us, yet still want us? Have you ever considered therapy of some sort? I would hate for my feelings to be so conflicted.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
"You people"...do you mean women? Do you loathe us, yet still want us? Have you ever considered therapy of some sort? I would hate for my feelings to be so conflicted.
Some people think relationships are all ABOUT control. Therefore, if you are not in control of your mate, your mate must be controlling you! Sheer ignorance.... because in a good relationship, one is not controlling the other....they are controlling themselves.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:01 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,492,508 times
We are ALL our own worst enemies.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:09 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
LOL Ahh, so men that don't have poor luck with women are mind controlled. I don't understand where you guys are coming from. You (general you) don't like women, yet you want women. If you don't want women then I don't understand why you bother thinking about women. If all you want is a wet spot, well, other men are available for that and a host of toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't mind a woman. You sure as hell wouldn't tell a woman to date women if she loathed guys.

You people are something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Can you imagine the response if he referred to a group of black people (or other race) as "you people".

But, yes, I would tell a woman who loathed men to date women. Common sense isn't it?

I think the majority of women here would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
That's weird.

Did you two not see that the post he responded to basically said the same thing "you guys = you people" yet you jumped all over him?

Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default You People...

... is a good description of the little clique on this site that attempts to stifle any opinions that they disagree with. Women don't like to hear things that conflict with their neat little version of life. In contrast, men like a good rumble.

Life is messy and people have all sorts of things motivating them - good and bad. Understanding how others think and seeing their problems from their perspective is important.

Contrary to what feminists have been saying for decades, most men have absolutely no control about getting into the type of relationship that they'd like. I'm not talking about some sort of patriarchal plot either - just finding a woman who is basically an equal since this is definitely not what women want and they now hold all the cards, except with respect to the most desirable men.

Expecting men to automatically take women the way that they are because they are somehow perfect and men are flawed may have worked at one time but what man can afford the risk anymore? Hence, more and more are opting out.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
That's weird.

Did you two not see that the post he responded to basically said the same thing "you guys = you people" yet you jumped all over him?
I think you're wrong. He initially responded to my post and no, most guys here would not refer males to couple with males. You people was meant specifically for the women, or me really. I don't have a problem with those terms tho. I'm about to use "you people" to refer to the male haters on this board in about two seconds. And redneck disagrees with you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
... is a good description of the little clique on this site that attempts to stifle any opinions that they disagree with. Women don't like to hear things that conflict with their neat little version of life. In contrast, men like a good rumble.
It's not about stifling anything. It's a refusal to take responsibility for your relationships. You can blame your ex, your momma, or your family members, but no, you want to blame all women for your crappy relationship lives. You people can go pound sand with that.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Very true. Naive young men with high testosterone levels, low class and little practical experience, can get nasty fast when there is the chance of *****.

By age 25 at the latest, the smart ones have come to realize that few women are worth fighting about and they mellow out.

The stupid ones - particularly the good looking stupid ones are stuck in a relationship and no longer are out and about creating havoc. If their testosterone level is still high and they aren't getting it satisfied, they are on the prowl but no longer are abusive about it, since this will attract attention to their cheating.

Women in contrast have to become more catty and competitive as they age to compensate for declining interest among men.
Quote:

Life is messy and people have all sorts of things motivating them - good and bad. Understanding how others think and seeing their problems from their perspective is important.

Contrary to what feminists have been saying for decades, most men have absolutely no control about getting into the type of relationship that they'd like. I'm not talking about some sort of patriarchal plot either - just finding a woman who is basically an equal since this is definitely not what women want and they now hold all the cards, except with respect to the most desirable men.

Expecting men to automatically take women the way that they are because they are somehow perfect and men are flawed may have worked at one time but what man can afford the risk anymore? Hence, more and more are opting out.
It seems as though you believe that it's impossible for men to be happy in a relationship. Are their only choices really to "opt out" or to be "stupid" and "stuck in a relationship"? What a sad view of life.

Personally, I don't care who chooses not to be in a relationship, but it would be nice if those people were content with their choices instead of crabbing about it all the time. It just comes off as sour grapes.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:13 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:

Life is messy and people have all sorts of things motivating them - good and bad. Understanding how others think and seeing their problems from their perspective is important. This is the absolute truth, but something few ever learn to do.

Contrary to what feminists have been saying for decades, most men have absolutely no control about getting into the type of relationship that they'd like. I'm not talking about some sort of patriarchal plot either - just finding a woman who is basically an equal since this is definitely not what women want and they now hold all the cards, except with respect to the most desirable men. You had me with the last paragraph...but lost me here. If both sexes would adhere to the paragraph above, THIS paragraph wouldn't be such a problem, would it?

NO.... you see men on here complaining that women won't take THEM exactly the way they are! No one is perfect, no man, no woman. Every one of them/us, have imperfections. Please don't use such ignorant blanket statements.

For the men who feel that way....who feel that they're alone and being rejected for who they are, stop and think about the women you're approaching. I will guarantee that you are not approaching EVERY single woman. Clearly, you're only approaching the women whom you deem "perfect enough for YOU". You are likely rejecting the very women who would choose you because you're "perfect for them"...because they're not "good enough for you".

The double standards here just crack me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships