U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM

89 posts, read 121,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms85me View Post
I'm an educated black female and I've been wanting to date a white guy for what seems like forever! Not to say I don't like all guys but I just want to try something new. It seems like there is either something wrong with me or maybe there is a different way I should try to approach them. I tired of the same ol stuff and want some new experiences.
You sound a bit desperate to me when you say you've been wanting to date a white guy forever.

If a guy told me he wanted to date a Brazilian chick because he is tired of the same old stuff and wanted some new experiences I would take it the wrong way and think he'd want to date me just because I'm Brazilian, and not just because I'm me.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:03 AM

89 posts, read 121,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
yeah i feel the same way, i'm middle eastern, and i love white boys! but they never seem to be attracted to me i wonder what i am doing wrong...or maybe they are just into vanilla white girls
I think it has more to do with your personality/social skills than your looks, I'm tanned skin dark hair and have no problem attracting men of any ethnicity.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 AM

18,300 posts, read 17,669,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
That isn't true. Some groups are dismissed as unattractive or incompatible by a disproportionately large percentage of the dating pool, making it more difficult for people in that group to actually find quality people to date, which is one of the reasons we continue to see threads such as this.
What? Now that has to be the most outrageous logic on this thread, yet.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:36 AM

2,789 posts, read 2,554,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loka View Post
I think it has more to do with your personality/social skills than your looks, I'm tanned skin dark hair and have no problem attracting men of any ethnicity.

Yes I agree...men seem to love my tanned skin, black hair and dark eyes...I guess it must be her..

Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 AM

23,932 posts, read 20,565,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You are the one that is closing your mind. I understand that you don't want to think that people can find an entire race to be physically unappealing. But there are features that are prominent enough in that population, that these people will simply not want to go there, no matter what. I know you don't like it, and refuse to understand it. But it really it a simple matter of attraction/appeal.

I do not find men of the Filipino/Malay race to be the least bit appealing, physically. No "copout" there...I simply don't go for those features...simple not attractive, to me. And there are plenty of people out there that feel the same way about other races.
Look, I have no dog in this fight either way. I just don't understand your line of thinking.

I'm not losing any sleep over the issue though.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,827,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Look, I have no dog in this fight either way. I just don't understand your line of thinking.

I'm not losing any sleep over the issue though.

I am glad you are not losing sleep, but I agree with you. The most important thing about a person is WHO they are. How can you know if you are interested in someone, if you won't even give yourself the chance to get to get to know them? Also, all whites do not share the same characteristics and neither do all the people of any other race. Old stereotypes and prejudices claim that certain races are alike, but that is simply not true. Look around you and notice the differences in people of the same race. I don't know how anyone could KNOW that they would never be attracted to a whole race of people. Have you met everyone of that race? Of course not, so, you don't know that you wouldn't find someone of that race attractive.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:47 AM

23,932 posts, read 20,565,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I am glad you are not losing sleep, but I agree with you. The most important thing about a person is WHO they are. How can you know if you are interested in someone, if you won't even give yourself the chance to get to get to know them? Also, all whites do not share the same characteristics and neither do all the people of any other race. Old stereotypes and prejudices claim that certain races are alike, but that is simply not true. Look around you and notice the differences in people of the same race. I don't know how anyone could KNOW that they would never be attracted to a whole race of people. Have you met everyone of that race? Of course not, so, you don't know that you wouldn't find someone of that race attractive.
Thank you! Finally some sanity on this topic.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM

8,025 posts, read 5,073,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
You may try going to upscale predominately white clubs. They guys will instantly know what your preference is. Also, try hanging out with asian women. They are white guy magnets. Its because they know that asian women are into them. They don't even have to second guess it. When you put yourself in environments where white guys know your into them, there is no confusion. They will approach.
A lot of posters have said you're coming onto too strong, but my guess is that you're not coming on strong enough. There are plenty of white men who, like you, would be into trying something new. It's just a little unusual for black girls to be into white guys, so black girls who are open to this need to find some way of communicating it.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM

1,877 posts, read 3,687,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
yeah i feel the same way, i'm middle eastern, and i love white boys! but they never seem to be attracted to me i wonder what i am doing wrong...or maybe they are just into vanilla white girls
No wonder you're having problems dating. Most "white" guys probably think that you're either Muslim and/or related to terrorists.

There are differences among the descendants of Irish potato farmers, Russian Tsars, Ashkenazi Jews, and Afrikaners. Unfortunately, in the eyes of most Americans, they're all "white." A person's personality is more important than their so-called "race" or ethnicity. A dreadlocked, "white" musician from Papua New Guinea named Jason Hershey (aka "O-Shen") expressed this sentiment in a song entitled "Deeper Look"...
I no deal with nationality, just personality, everybodyís mixed, thatís reality.
I no deal no fasciality, down with supremacy, open up the people eye make them a see
That you canít judge a man like me,
Like the cover on a book,
Unless you take a deeper look.

YouTube - Deeper Look - O-Shen

Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 AM

3,768 posts, read 4,139,717 times
Perhaps it the region you live in? WHen I was single, I never had an issue meetinw white guys. They asked me out the most. The problem was finding black guys (or appealling, available ones.)

Have you tried online dating? I met mine on Match.com. Married almost 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships