Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:50 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,179,531 times

Advertisements

My dad said the same thing about all his mistresses and marriages ....3 times.

People do and embark on relationships for whatever reasons makes them happy at the time. 6 years doesn't mean he hasn't or never will or that his previous history is any guarantee that he will.

My theory on the whole thing was to always remember -- what someone can do with you - they can do to you. All three of them failed to see that and preached on and on they were the one and only in his eyes until - SURPRISE and they would talk to me like I was suppose to provide sympathy. Yeah, like the first one who would talk to me without any regard for the fact it was MY MOTHER she screwed around on and how it affected all of his children. Sympathy of all things made me shake my head - I simply could not believe how oblivious and self absorbed these women were. They were married quite a while and he ended up with TWO mistresses that I knew of and even paid for their apartments and everything. Someone was purposely turning a blind eye to it because there was no way they could believe it. I'll say it again, what someone can do with you, they most certainly do to you.

The only reason I think this last one may last is because he's broke now and couldn't afford one, but if he could -he would.

I'd also like to add this does not just apply to men, I've seen women do the exact same thing.

Last edited by Thursday007; 06-23-2011 at 07:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:03 AM

218 posts, read 455,063 times
My FIL and cheated on my MIL, they divorced. He remarried, then he cheated on that wife, they divorced. He had several g/f's after the 2nd wife, ALL of which ended because he cheated. Has no had the same g/f for 10 years, he has CHEATED ON HER too, and yes, she knows. Dang! This man should have to wear something that says "HAZARD: PERPETUAL CHEATER" .......In his case, once a cheater, always a cheater

Old 06-23-2011, 07:05 AM

220 posts, read 595,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Ass!! View Post
Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a cheater isn't always unfaithful.
Honey...give it 10 more years and see if you're still singing this tune...or if another women is singing this tune about YOUR current husband.

There was a saying among the elders of my home town....(in so many words) "If you get a man ill-intentionally, you'll loose him the same way."

Old 06-23-2011, 07:05 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Staring at my Ass!! View Post
Cheated on her with me, by the way. I was his mistress for over a year until he finally divorced her and married me. He always tells me I'm the love of his life, which is how I feel about him also.

And for those who may say "it will never work out-once a cheater, always a cheater", I'm here to just say that THAT typical response isn't always true. Married 6 blissful years and counting.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a cheater isn't always unfaithful.

You may be right..Just because he married her doesn't mean he was married to the right person, But was she living in the house with him when you two had the affair? Did he tell her I'm seeing someone else? I no longer love you? Did he move out of the house when he started seeing you? Did he sleep with you and her at the same time..Im not meaning together? How did the wife find out? Where did you meet him? Did it bother you he was married? How long was he married?
He may love you, only his character will tell you.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM

218 posts, read 455,063 times
IMHO, I think a man who cheats, even once, has a serious character flaw. Any woman who gets with a man who she knows is married, has the same flaw. I don't think it's anything to proud of. And even though he was married, and that woman my have not been the woman he was "supposed" to be with or they grew apart, whatever, he should've divorced before cheating. But that just my opinion.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywha View Post
IMHO, I think a man who cheats, even once, has a serious character flaw. Any woman who gets with a man who she knows is married, has the same flaw. I don't think it's anything to proud of. And even though he was married, and that woman my have not been the woman he was "supposed" to be with or they grew apart, whatever, he should've divorced before cheating. But that just my opinion.
There are always exceptions in life (cases of severe abuse, alienation of affection, etc.), but for the most part I agree with this. Cheating men get screwed on this too. They trade in a faithful woman for a woman they know to be of bad enough character to mess around with a married man. So, when they are married, what's to say she won't look for some excitement down the road. Not only do I think there is a high probability that Ass will be dissappointed down the road, I think there is also a high probability that she will meet someone new too.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I love American women!!!!!
This incident doesn't make American men look good either.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Well, I will say this.

There are people who are so miserable in their marriages that they finally seek someone outside the bounds of their marriage. And when they find that person, they are content to not look any more.

But for the most part, cheaters are looking for a thrill. That's not a basis for a sound, long-term relationship.

As the saying goes, when a man divorces his wife to marry his mistress, he's usually just creating a job opening.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM

78,349 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Without knowing the specific people involved then it's hard to say.

Maybe he cheated on his first wife because their sex life sucked and in 5 years if you get sick with something and can't meet his needs he will start plowing the waitress at the local IHOP.

Maybe not.

It's for each person to figure out and deal with the consequences.

I know someone in the OP's situation where he still cheats by nailing his ex once in a while and she thinks it's funny that now she is the mistress and the original mistress is clueless. Yeah, messed up but I have to agree it's funny in a twisted way. What a great guy!

P.S. I will say it's interesting just HOW MANY threads we have around here where someone married a known cheater then comes crying to the forum about it. Sandra Bullock Syndrome apparantly.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Without knowing the specific people involved then it's hard to say.

Maybe he cheated on his first wife because their sex life sucked and in 5 years if you get sick with something and can't meet his needs he will start plowing the waitress at the local IHOP.
We know of one woman who is in a marriage so awful that, if she went out and had an affair, we wouldn't applaud but we wouldn't disapprove either.

This guy is a mental abuser. I mean, when the therapist recommends that she go out and cheat, that's saying something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships