Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times

Advertisements

I agree with what most of you said, but you were taking the meaning my post a little differently than I meant.

I was just saying that email isn't a normal means of communication for me. It's kind of a prerequisite for online dating, I know, but I don't typically email people I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Relax and be cool.

After one date, it can take a little while for things to develop. After my first date with my now fiance, we didn't go on another date for 8 days. We emailed, IM'd, and talked on the phone over that period of time.

If she is initiating contact, I would say she is interested. If you do not like email/IM, how about suggesting you call her next time she initiates online contact.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Relax and be cool.

After one date, it can take a little while for things to develop. After my first date with my now fiance, we didn't go on another date for 8 days. We emailed, IM'd, and talked on the phone over that period of time.

If she is initiating contact, I would say she is interested. If you do not like email/IM, how about suggesting you call her next time she initiates online contact.
i tried to call before we first met and she didn't answer. it was just to say hi and i'm on my way. when i saw her in person she said it was on silent and she doesn't really talk on the phone. also, she's in class all day and evening so she can't answer the phone a good chunk of the time.

anyway, i was a little uptight yesterday thinking about this. she emailed me really late last night, just a couple sentences saying how it was such a long day.

i haven't written her back. i guess the email small talk is boring. i feel like we've had the same convo a half dozen time, just saying we had a busy day, blah blah blah. not that i have a problem with her or anything like that. the in person convo is a lot more interesting.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:26 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
If I were you, I'd ask her out for a specific activity for a specific date and time. See what she says. For example, "Would you like to go out to dinner with me on Sunday night?" or "Would you like to go to the movies with me Sunday afternoon?" See what she says. I think she's just penpalling you because she's waiting for you to actually ask her out again. If she says no to that and offers no other suggestion, then try to set it up for the following week. If she says no to that or strings you along about it, then I'd say give up.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:43 PM

^^^ well it's been half way resolved. Sent a stupid joke email (a real knee slapper I must say) and she got back right away and asked when she will see me. I said when I was busy and when I am not. She's was on her way to run an errand and said she's tell me her schedule soon.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
^^^ well it's been half way resolved. Sent a stupid joke email (a real knee slapper I must say) and she got back right away and asked when she will see me. I said when I was busy and when I am not. She's was on her way to run an errand and said she's tell me her schedule soon.

Be cool, be patient

Old 06-24-2011, 12:00 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
Sounds like you're throwing the ball back into her court a lot.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Sounds like you're throwing the ball back into her court a lot.

yeah. i think she likes things planned for her.

i can do planning. she's not set in a routine (just moved and starting school) that it's tough for me to just say "how about thurs at 7?" as if she's got a 9-5 schedule. she's got a bunch of big moving type of errands to do and is probably waiting to see when she can coordinate getting some of that done. i was trying to give her flexibility to get that stuff done.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:21 PM

After some text message confusion, we met up for dinner and a movie last night and I left her place this afternoon after going out to breakfast and some TV.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:45 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
After some text message confusion, we met up for dinner and a movie last night and I left her place this afternoon after going out to breakfast and some TV.
sounds like it went well....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships