Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times

Advertisements

My ex used to contact me at least 2 to 3 times a day. Then we would spend the rest of the day together and when I got home and he got to his house, he would ask me to IM him till all hours of the night. I guess OP, that your man simply doesn't give a rat's behind about talking to you. Otherwise he would be calling constantly. I even remember one time his son had a function at his high school and he blew him off because he hadn't seen me in a day or two and we were going to spend some time together...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
I've heard of some petty things, but demanding a phone call once a day takes the cake. I can only imagine what it would be like to be married to you, right now I'm imagining a nightmare. If you have to know what your boy friend is doing everyday you are very insecure. If I were him, I would find someone else who can get through the day without me having to speak to them. Are you still in high school? If a boy friend is really into you he will probably call you everyday just to visit, but when you demand it or tell him you expect it, you are being foolish.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:18 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
It doesn't really matter if OP is Chinese and her man is white. Makes no difference whatsoever, (unless Chinese women are bossy and think white men are supposed to be submissive) so I wish that hadn't been brought up.
A lot of it does however, have to do with gender differences. I see that more of the females posted on here sided with the OP about daily phone calls. In my experience, most men can do without it. I am a bit envious of those women who manage to get daily phone calls from their men, though. However, if I got them, I think I'd run out of things to talk about and so would my BF. I could imagine the long silent pauses.
I think his "miss you" text was a fair compromise. OP was out of line to then call up and complain.
If I was the OP's boyfriend, I'd feel like I was out on town leave from boot camp and not having the squad leader standing over me for a change. With all that nagging, I'm surprised that your relationship has lasted this long.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I've heard of some petty things, but demanding a phone call once a day takes the cake. I can only imagine what it would be like to be married to you, right now I'm imagining a nightmare. If you have to know what your boy friend is doing everyday you are very insecure. If I were him, I would find someone else who can get through the day without me having to speak to them. Are you still in high school? If a boy friend is really into you he will probably call you everyday just to visit, but when you demand it or tell him you expect it, you are being foolish.

This.

If this was a guy talking about this, he would be called insecure and a borderline stalker.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:26 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Yeah I agree! If you wanna talk to him, just call him yourself. Also, it's up to the boyfriend whether he wants to call you or not.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
My ex used to contact me at least 2 to 3 times a day. Then we would spend the rest of the day together and when I got home and he got to his house, he would ask me to IM him till all hours of the night. I guess OP, that your man simply doesn't give a rat's behind about talking to you. Otherwise he would be calling constantly. I even remember one time his son had a function at his high school and he blew him off because he hadn't seen me in a day or two and we were going to spend some time together...

sounds so claustrophobic to me, the phone calls plus IMs plus spending the rest of the day together!!! everybody's different

Old 06-25-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
sounds so claustrophobic to me, the phone calls plus IMs plus spending the rest of the day together!!! everybody's different
We never would run out of things to say to each other. I don't know how someone would not want to talk to their SO. I guess I'm not much into the silent types.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
My ex used to contact me at least 2 to 3 times a day. Then we would spend the rest of the day together and when I got home and he got to his house, he would ask me to IM him till all hours of the night. I guess OP, that your man simply doesn't give a rat's behind about talking to you. Otherwise he would be calling constantly.
Wow, Temp, I'm all for keeping in touch, but this sounds a bit suffocating to me, particularly those IMs after just having been together. Frankly, when I just parted with someone (anyone!), I don't have a whole lot to say. Besides, constantly missing sleep gets exhausting.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, Temp, I'm all for keeping in touch, but this sounds a bit suffocating to me, particularly those IMs after just having been together. Frankly, when I just parted with someone (anyone!), I don't have a whole lot to say. Besides, constantly missing sleep gets exhausting.
Maybe we were fascinated with each other. Lol.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Maybe we were fascinated with each other. Lol.
Those fascinations can't last more than a few weeks. After all, you need to get groomed, clean house, do laundry, get groceries, and most importantly, get some damn sleep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships