Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:50 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
It's like that a long time ago when most people would frown an/or be shocked when a person tells them that they had sex before marriage. NOW, whenever a person says their a Virgin and has not had sex before they are looked at as outcasters and most people try to get somebody for them so they could get "laid". What happened to the the days if mentioned that most people put sex at last and morals along with true values and subtances first ina relationship? It's like a competition these days of which guys get the most women in bed and vice versa and which guys has the biggest penises and such. Oh, just to let you know that I am a 23 year old Male by the way.
Where and when were these days, exactly?

Or would you rather tell us what she said when you told her you are a virgin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 12:52 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
,,Me, I would be overjoyed if a man I was dating told me he was a virgin and he was waiting until his wedding night because that's what I'm doing. I personally believe that sex is a gift to be given on a wedding night. Many won't agree with you and I but just stick to your guns and don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.
My ex-wife was avirgin when we married. A few years later she wondered about sleeping with other men and left me. A non-virgin would have sown those wild oats before the marrage and remained married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Ha ha it's better to be a virgin than to have 50 STDs!
Real simple to use a condom.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM

406 posts, read 580,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Real simple to use a condom.

Condom doesn't mean much these days. Aside from preventing pregnancy, there are STDs where condoms mean next to nothing.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:59 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
It's like that a long time ago when most people would frown an/or be shocked when a person tells them that they had sex before marriage. NOW, whenever a person says their a Virgin and has not had sex before they are looked at as outcasters and most people try to get somebody for them so they could get "laid". What happened to the the days if mentioned that most people put sex at last and morals along with true values and subtances first ina relationship? It's like a competition these days of which guys get the most women in bed and vice versa and which guys has the biggest penises and such. Oh, just to let you know that I am a 23 year old Male by the way.
Who are these people you're announcing your virginity to and why do you feel the need to mention it in the first place?

It's your personal decision & right to remain a virgin until death if you wish, but by announcing it you're practically provoking a response of some kind. That would also be the case if someone announced anything of such a personal nature, that was for all intents and purposes, nobody's business.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:03 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Virginity is looked down upon, especially if you're a guy. I have never told even my best friends that I'm a virgin and have no intentions of doing so. What almost equally as frustrating is most people think I'm getting laid left and right.
I've told some friends if the subject came up. One of the friends was also a virgin. I'm pretty sure she's still a virgin, but I guess there's no way to be certain (although she said she's waiting until 25 or marriage...whatever comes first).

And some friends assume I'm a virgin. One friend said to me "No self-respecting girl would have sex with you"

But apparently some people think I have sex, because I've been offered condoms. At Warped Tour 2010, they offered me condoms but I said I don't need them. And in one of my classes, they gave me condoms and I've posted that story before.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Where and when were these days, exactly?
A long time ago before the Sex Revolution.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
Because waiting till marriage to have sex is not only antiquated thinking, it is severely flawed. There's no logic to it. I'd give someone the same look if they bought a car without driving it.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Because waiting till marriage to have sex is not only antiquated thinking, it is severely flawed. There's no logic to it. I'd give someone the same look if they bought a car without driving it.
Uh huh.....

Last edited by ho hey!; 06-25-2011 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships