Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 04:18 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times

Advertisements

Sex is...............sex. It isn't a relationship, it isn't love. Bowling is bowling - dancing is dancing. Neither are a relationship. See the similarity?

Now love? Neither of you even LIKES the other.

What you have is abuse - both to the other. Why are you abusing him? Why do you allow him to abuse you?

Stop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM

11 posts, read 12,177 times
Default Humbled

Reading all these replies have just literally cracked the box Ive been living inside of for the last 6 months. I just asked myself the question put forth to me, as in why I think this is all ok and it makes me friggen cry my eyes out. Maybe I really should seek a therapist...Im going to be looking into that this next coming month to see what I can see, bc obviously what I'm seeing now is horse crap.
Im feeling some clarity and it feels really good. REALLY good. And even the tears feel really good too, feels like I haven't cried in years. Maybe I haven't. Thank you all for your honest opinions and support. I really cant express my gratitude. Im in a lonely spot at the moment, and its like your voices shout out through the darkness.
But as Bob Marley has wisely stated, "Out of the darkness there must come out the light."
And Im going to try really, really hard.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:48 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquibleu View Post
Reading all these replies have just literally cracked the box Ive been living inside of for the last 6 months. I just asked myself the question put forth to me, as in why I think this is all ok and it makes me friggen cry my eyes out. Maybe I really should seek a therapist...Im going to be looking into that this next coming month to see what I can see, bc obviously what I'm seeing now is horse crap.
Im feeling some clarity and it feels really good. REALLY good. And even the tears feel really good too, feels like I haven't cried in years. Maybe I haven't. Thank you all for your honest opinions and support. I really cant express my gratitude. Im in a lonely spot at the moment, and its like your voices shout out through the darkness.
But as Bob Marley has wisely stated, "Out of the darkness there must come out the light."
And Im going to try really, really hard.
Contrary to what others may think, I DONT recommend a therapist. Why do you need to keep talking about this... talking talking talking is going to get people nowhere in my opinion. Let it go, focus on GOOD things, feel good and move ahead. Why are you thinking of it as painful or self-depracating? Why not focus on the good parts and only on the good parts? Great sex with a younger man who was good at it!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Jacquibleu....you THINK you love him....but really it's the amazing sex you love .....nothing wrong with that....but don't get yourself into a rut thinking that this man is the only one who you can have amazing sex with.....believe me when I say...you can also have AMAZING sex with someone who respects you, treats you with curtesy, and wants to know YOU, and not just your body......goodluck to you, I hope you find peace.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:56 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
It sounds like you both are blinded by your sexual compatibility, and can't see how incompatible you are otherwise. It happens all the time; I am pretty sure I have done the same thing at some time in my past. By writing this thread, I think you are starting to face the truth. It's time to move on.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:07 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
It took you awhile to dig yourself into this hole, it will also take awhile to dig yourself out, unless you decide to just stop. That would be the best course of action to take. It is too bad you work together, because that will make it harder, unless you find another job. Get away from him, you are in love with the sex, not the person. Like other posters have suggested, find someone who respects you and treats you right, and keep your mouth shut, don't start doing this same thing with the next guy. It takes two people with no sense to fight. If either of you were smart, you would walk away instead of throwing fuel on the fire.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Contrary to what others may think, I DONT recommend a therapist. Why do you need to keep talking about this... talking talking talking is going to get people nowhere in my opinion. Let it go, focus on GOOD things, feel good and move ahead. Why are you thinking of it as painful or self-depracating? Why not focus on the good parts and only on the good parts? Great sex with a younger man who was good at it!
Oh, for pete's sake How old are you???

Any 33 year old woman who allows herself to stoop as low as our OP has and who volunteers to be treated this badly has real issues.

"great sex with a younger man is where it's at"??? Sure, IF you have your act together and don't think you're madly in love with such a creep

Please stop giving this tortured woman any advice, you really don't seem to know what you are talking about. Just sayin'...

Old 06-25-2011, 07:14 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
This is why I only date mature guys or guys still in high school.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:23 PM

92 posts, read 112,491 times
Default Yes, it will be difficult....

You could have done the sex without the crazy, but are beyond that now.

You can have amazing sexual chemistry and absolutely no thing else in common, and sometimes that can work as long as you see it and don't try to make it a "relationship". But, you've already gone there and it got damn ugly, so time to call it.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned...and you probably learned a lot about the kind of sex that turns you on....and break it up now. Do what you have to do to get through the days and let time do it's thing.

Good luck....and get moving while the getting is good! I know what you mean about that crazy 'peak'. I also found someone 6 years younger at about your age...I get it

Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 PM

530 posts, read 779,338 times
Look, to love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer.

To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness.

I hope you're getting this down. And I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships