Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,125,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I like going to clubs to release stress. It's good to go with a group of my g-friends and just have a good time. I don't go there to pick guys up and they usually leave us alone anyways...However, I have gone up to a guy if I'm interested...
"G" as in "gangsta" friends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Here is what I've learned in real life, and it seems to be the same in this thread:

-Men generally don't like night clubs
-Women generally like nightclubs, therefore men go to night clubs

There's a whole lot more women out there that like dancing than men, so women go to dance and men go because women are dancing (and generally more provocatively dressed than usual). Anyone who tries to pick someone up at a club are probably going to get exactly what they are looking for. That's great so long as that's what they want.

I'm not big into clubbing. My idea of blowing off steam is hanging out in a bar with good friends, a few good drinks, and good conversation. For me, a nightclub represents the exact opposite of what I do to have fun. It's just not really my thing.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
-Men generally don't like night clubs
-Women generally like nightclubs, therefore men go to night clubs
But then how does that explain why so many bars and clubs have to have Ladies' Nights to get women to come in, otherwise their clientele would be mostly dudes?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:38 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
"G" as in "gangsta" friends?

Yes because I'm soooo hood!!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But then how does that explain why so many bars and clubs have to have Ladies' Nights to get women to come in, otherwise their clientele would be mostly dudes?
I have a few friends who work in the club/bar business and it is well known fact that an advertisement for ladies' night will draw A LOT of men.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I think if the women didn't come, the men wouldn't either.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
I think most "Ladies Night"s are designed to get MEN into the club - they figure it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel.

In other words, it's a win-win scenario - get the guys AND the gals in.

Last edited by SifuPhil; 06-27-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Oops - just saw Garfunkle and Julia's responses...

Old 06-27-2011, 12:56 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I like to go with a group of friends! And the idea isn't to meet guys - it's to enjoy each other.

I also like to go with a guy - on a date.
Most women will say this, they don't really go to meet guys. I stopped going ages ago since I found it a waste of time.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Most women will say this, they don't really go to meet guys. I stopped going ages ago since I found it a waste of time.
In my experience that's true, especially at specific venues. That's why I usually add a disclaimer about top-40 clubs. I can see those as potential hook-up spots. One way to tell if you're not into electronic music, and wouldn't know one way or another, is if a club has slow dances. If so, then it's probably a crowd on the prowl.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
In my experience that's true, especially at specific venues. That's why I usually add a disclaimer about top-40 clubs. I can see those as potential hook-up spots. One way to tell if you're not into electronic music, and wouldn't know one way or another, is if a club has slow dances. If so, then it's probably a crowd on the prowl.
for real ?!
I've never been to a club with "slow dances" ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships