Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 09:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Uh, they were from 2006. They're five years old. Sorry, dear; I provided stats up to 2008 in a later post and they're from the AMA...pass muster yet?

My point stands and is still correct with more current stats. Good God, girl, look around you.
Calm down you are going to give your self an aneurism or myself one, cause I'm fat. lol Good lord.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun7 View Post
I am sure that comment will be a o.k with all the fellow misandrist's on this website. I
LOL!!!!!!!!!! "Are overweight women gross?" "Ugh, hell yes!" (little female voice from the back) "So are overweight men, how the hell do you think we women feel?" Reply: "YOU MISANDRIST!"

Grow up, hon.

You don't trust the AMA and need the CDC? Good lord, man, do you know how to Google? The only reason I picked these two is that they were among the first five or six Googles among many, many, many results showing more U.S. men than women are fat.

Sue me.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
What I hate about this society is that somehow, they try to make people believe that being overweight is OK, they come up with idiotic terms like BBW and other BS like that, fact it is, it is not OK and it is never going to be OK.

I was in Greece for 10 days last year, I travelled to the 3 major cities, Athens, Thesalloniki and Patra and I saw one overweight woman in the entire country, as much as Greece has a lot of problems, like in most countries in the world, being overweight is the extreme exception, and Greek society is very harsh on obesity, the US is one of the few places in the world where being obese is "normal"

Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM

252 posts, read 555,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What I hate about this society is that somehow, they try to make people believe that being overweight is OK, they come up with idiotic terms like BBW and other BS like that, fact it is, it is not OK and it is never going to be OK.

I was in Greece for 10 days last year, I travelled to the 3 major cities, Athens, Thesalloniki and Patra and I saw one overweight woman in the entire country, as much as Greece has a lot of problems, like in most countries in the world, being overweight is the extreme exception, and Greek society is very harsh on obesity, the US is one of the few places in the world where being obese is "normal"

I agree. I think it is an ultimate crime to abuse your body in this way. I myself work very hard to stay in shape. I am lucky to have life and shouldn't take advantage of it!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:37 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
There is nothing better than a pair of big, thick, naked womens thighs to your head between when the a/c is on. Good God almighty.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Calm down you are going to give your self an aneurism or myself one, cause I'm fat. lol Good lord.
I'm going to admit right here that you're right about me not being calm about this subject. I mean I'm not hysterical about it but yes, it does bother me. It bothers me like crazy that so many men don't feel they have to "do anything" to keep themselves fit (or they already see themselves as fit when they're not), yet point a finger at women. Maybe I'm the exception, but as a woman, I like a nice-looking partner, too.

So hugs to you, Raena, I really don't want to make you stroke out. I'm just...disheartened. Ah well. I'll be going for somebody younger, and someone fit, once I'm back on the market.

ETA: CDC supporting all those numbers (please read through all the stats). By the way, please note that women's increase rates were flat (no increase) whereas men's are increasing...in addition to their total already being majority overweight.

Or is the CDC entirely composed of misandrists? (slapping forehead)

Old 06-25-2011, 09:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Maybe I'm the exception, but as a woman, I like a nice-looking partner, too.
Oh, noooo, you're certainly not alone!

Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 PM

406 posts, read 580,630 times
The funny thing with many obese women is they think they deserve the best looking men. But in all fairness, obese guys think they deserve the supermodel.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

We need to stop adding sugar to everything!!!!!!!! Low fat my arse. Foods are then adding more sugar! Sugar turns into fat. Son of a be......damn sugar!

......"Why do you taste so good........"

Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 PM

Wait wait....I am drinking a wine cooler....Called "Jamaican ME Happy" Escapes. Son of a b****....35 grams of sugar.....awww eff it I am drinking it. Looks like more swimming laps for me tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships