Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How does the idea of yourself being in a gay relationship affect you ?
It repulses me 61 54.46%
It doesn't affect me one way or another 32 28.57%
It kind of turns me on a little 19 16.96%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 AM

414 posts, read 1,020,041 times

Advertisements

I have many gay friends. They're great people. Many are in happy and committed relationships, and I'm happy for them. However, I still chose the "It repulses me option", simply for the reason that (and here's a shocker) I don't find men attractive. At all. Doesn't matter how much of a pretty-boy they are, I just find nothing there to turn me on.

So, picture the ugliest woman you can imagine. Hairy, stinky, smelly, morbidly obese, whatever turns you off. That's what pretty much all men do for me in the "sexual attraction" department. I can sit back and say that a guy is good-looking, which I've done before, but there's still no sexual attraction there.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I'm unoffically bisexual. I'm open to all avenues and I can find either gender attractive.

I think most people are even if they are not willing to admit it.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM

335 posts, read 334,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is a hard one. Everyone has an occasional thought about sex outside their basic orientation, but that doesn't make them bisexual. I'm not even sure going so far as to act on such thoughts does.

I have had other gay expats here in Vietnam tell me that all Vietnamese men are bisexual. That of course is absurd. They all are married and have their brood (except for the effeminate ones, and they are tolerated if not appreciated). The difference I think is that they do not fear intimate contact with another man (within certain bounds) as it is a part of the culture, whereas American men are terrified of the possibility that they might be gay or that someone might think they are.

I think it is perfectly possible that men exist who have absolutely zero gay interest, and the opposite, but it is probably rare. The sexual orientation curve seems to be strongly biased toward the straight side, with a deep drop in the middle, and then a smaller secondary rise toward the gay side.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

This is incorrect, and frankly makes no evolutionary sense.

What you see in humans is exactly what you would expect to see in a species where the reproductive functions have been separated into two different "types". Natural selection favors reproduction, hence the predominance of heterosexuality. Thats all there is, no regard for any current socio-political movements nor traditional religious dogmas.

Anyone attempting to claim that homosexuality is a "choice" rather than merely a random genetic variation are full of it. Those who attempt to suggest that homosexual desires are more widespread than merely a minority genetic variation are also full of it.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:09 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Dawkins has an interesting take on how the gay gene survived even though it makes no sense from an evolutionary perspective.

Richard Dawkins explains how the gay gene was preserved - YouTube

Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM

335 posts, read 334,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
This is incorrect, and frankly makes no evolutionary sense.
Well, evolution also produced the bonobos, where it seems that everyone is an everybodysexual.

Last edited by Frank Merton; 12-15-2012 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Fix

Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Even more intresting that men would object to the idea then women that we all are some what bisexual even if we never acted on it. Women are more willing to admit that they are sexually attracted to other women.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,541 times
All people are NOT bisexual.

If you're having regular thoughts about the same sex, you are NOT straight.

If a man or woman claims to be anything other than 100% straight, then you're at least bisexual.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:30 PM

861 posts, read 1,455,913 times
No way.

Homosexuality is repulsive and a sin. I also think it's a mental disorder.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:33 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
Well, evolution also produced the bonobos, where it seems that everyone is an everybodysexual.
I believe the term is pansexual, but you're right, bonobos are pretty frisky primates. In fact research indicates that they are much happier and lead longer, healthier lives than other chimp species, who spend alot of time killing each other in tribal conflict.

Also at the above post, it's really quite funny that underneath your declaration that a genetic predisposition is a sin, there was an advertisement for Hot Gay Men for Dating from zoosk.com. Heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships