Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
I would argue that they are. How can you have a large number of friends if you're not good with people?
You can have social skills and intentionally choose to have a smaller, tight-knit group of friends.

quality > quantity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 06:43 AM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You can have social skills and intentionally choose to have a smaller, tight-knit group of friends.

quality > quantity

One judge friend who happens to preside over drug court> having a bunch of friends involved or once addicted to drugs.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:49 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
Easy, follow the herd and be a doormat.
Wrong!

Quote:
Give everyone you meet what they want even at your expense or detriment. Show me a convict with a big butt and I'll show you someone who had over 5,000 "frends" by modern people's standards.
I can't handle this kind of misanthropy. I'm defeated by it.

Quote:
There are fake people on facebook breaking 400 friends all the time. Then they tag their friends with shoe ads.
Facebook is no substitute for the real thing. It does not constitute genuine human relationship. You may be the angriest and bitterest individual I've ever encountered online.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:00 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
No longer does the amount of money a man earns, or his charm, attract a female, but rather, the new norm is; how many friends he has.

Discuss
They why bother with him......date his friends!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:01 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
If this were the case I'd be beating women off me with a stick.

I lack the women to own a stick though.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:31 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth to valid View Post
Freed from the bonds of slaving away as a housemaids, women of today are earning more on average than they ever have in the past, many of their kind far surpassing lots of men. No longer does the amount of money a man earns, or his charm, attract a female, but rather, the new norm is; how many friends he has.

Discuss

"Many of their kind," eh? Suddenly I feel like an alien.

At any rate, I could not possibly care less how many friends a man has. If anything, having too many would make me wonder if he spreads himself too thin.

As far as attraction goes, a good face and body are a good face and body. That's what catches my eye. What keeps me around would be intelligence, integrity, common values, and a sense of humor like mine. And good nookie. Can't forget the nookie.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:51 AM

52,261 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Money, LOL

YouTube - ‪Swingers - So Money‬‏

Old 07-02-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Wrong!

I can't handle this kind of misanthropy. I'm defeated by it.

Facebook is no substitute for the real thing. It does not constitute genuine human relationship. You may be the angriest and bitterest individual I've ever encountered online.
Wow, so you say I hate mankind and that I wrote this out of anger or bitterness?

Yet, you give no examples or situations for which it may not be true. All you have done is try to judge me. I wouldn't liek to be your friend.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:13 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Anyone that would care how many "friends" a man has on Facebook has no business getting married. In order for a marriage to succeed, you generally need two mature people. Someone giving one damn about FB or the amount of "friends" on FB has their priorities seriously screwed up.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Anyone that would care how many "friends" a man has on Facebook has no business getting married. In order for a marriage to succeed, you generally need two mature people. Someone giving one damn about FB or the amount of "friends" on FB has their priorities seriously screwed up.

That and while in a committed relationship, friends turn from an asset early on, to a potential liability to family time.

I rarely see friends helping a relationship or taking care of your kids. (Takes a village to raise a child)

Or maybe that's just my take on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships