Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM

20 posts, read 13,467 times

Advertisements

iMHO Sounds like he is interested and not bold enough to directly ask you. By saying "what are we doing" instead of "will you do something with me" may be a way of protecting himself from rejection. This way he could play it off as a joke if you do not respond the way he wants you to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 04:16 AM

591 posts, read 863,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starz363 View Post
Really, I think I am on the same boat...Guys are afraid of asking you out in a direct way. I think he wants to test you, see what kind of girl you are...see if you could suggest something, but in my opinion, if you make the first move, you will never know if he really was into you or not...men feel very flattered to be asked out, even though they are not much into you...Advice: don't go out with him until he is more direct and tells you he wants to go out with you. No game playing girl!!!!

First things first: in this day and age of feminazis bashing men at will, you'd have to be a fool to put yourself out there with a :"Hi, I like you, would you like to go out?" So men don't really do that any more.

Second off: I might be flattered that you'd ask me out, but If I am not into you, I won't say yes. Women say yes to guys they're not into, but men don't. We know instantly whether we'd go out with you or not, and we can't be convinced otherwise. No amount of logic on your part can make us desire you if we don't already. Your attractiveness to us is instantaneous, it takes no time for it to grow on us (unlike women who sometimes can take years before they 'suddenly' like that guy they've worked with).

Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.
(This is an old thread but I am putting in my 2 cents worth!!!)

When you replied "nothing much".

And HE replied... "what are we doing".

He probably meant "what would you like to do with me on a date".

ARE YOU TEXTING EACH OTHER OVER THE DAMN PHONE?!@?!?!?!?!

My greatest advice for you is to GET OFF TEXTING.

CALL HIM ON THE PHONE.

Just because the technology is there doesn't mean it's translating in text messages.

CALL HIM! VERBALLY!!!

AND ASK WHAT YOU BOTH WOULD LIKE TO DO ON YOUR DATE!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,097,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
A guy just ask me my plans for the weekend, and I replied, not much... now he tells me , What are we doing???? and i was taken by surprise and replied : I dont know??? Do you think he took it as a rejection, or is he testing the waters to see if I would suggest something. I am old school, and I prefer the guy to invite you and suggest where to go....Your opinion is appreciated.
That is his way of suggesting a date. He has probably been trolling the relationship threads and that was the best he could find. Corny, but probably sincerely asking. Go with, or not, it is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships