Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Your difficulty reading and understanding social cues suggests particular diagnoses on the autistic spectrum. Are you receiving any coaching or accommodations for this? Because there are resources out there for you, TVSG. Or you could just continue blundering through life unaided. *shrug*
He claims to be employed as a "Life Coach" ... really makes you wonder.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
He claims to be employed as a "Life Coach" ... really makes you wonder.
Many of his posts are getting nastier and more petty than usual which is usually a pretty good sign that either he's unemployed or work isn't going well (lack of dates never produces that effect). He's been avoiding questions about this new job as a "Life Skills Counselor" in a non-profit like the plague ...

Old 01-10-2012, 05:16 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
He has also been staying up posting very late at night, and we know that if he is working he has to get up extremely early to leave enough time for hair and "constitutional."

Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
He has also been staying up posting very late at night, and we know that if he is working he has to get up extremely early to leave enough time for hair and "constitutional."
I too noticed the hours he's keeping. If he was full time, starting work later in the day, he wouldn't be home to post so early in the evening. No talk of run-ins with new co-workers, or complaints about his commute to work. He has been crankier than usual... me thinks he's on the dole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I thought ANYTIME met ANYTIME
Delete her for being too vague. Let's face it, you'll never be able to know what this woman wants.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Back when I was dating, I often left a "call anytime" stand as a way of judging whether the person had any social skills. A call at 11 pm meant he was inconsiderate or clueless (even the folks I know who work nights know that the rest of the world does not); no call until noon meant he was a slugabed and one before 8 am meant he didn't understand normal routines. So call "anytime", Sol old man, is a means to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:04 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Back when I was dating, I often left a "call anytime" stand as a way of judging whether the person had any social skills. A call at 11 pm meant he was inconsiderate or clueless (even the folks I know who work nights know that the rest of the world does not); no call until noon meant he was a slugabed and one before 8 am meant he didn't understand normal routines. So call "anytime", Sol old man, is a means to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Yep. Phone etiquette is that you don't call strangers before 9 am or after 9 pm, generally.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yep. Phone etiquette is that you don't call strangers before 9 am or after 9 pm, generally.
Every semi-rational person knows this, and that "call anytime" means you are free to take calls during working hours. Tragically, this seems to have been omitted from the "Life Skills" curriculum.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Your difficulty reading and understanding social cues suggests particular diagnoses on the autistic spectrum. Are you receiving any coaching or accommodations for this? Because there are resources out there for you, TVSG. Or you could just continue blundering through life unaided. *shrug*
I thought the same when I first started reading his dating threads. Notice I said 'when I first started reading them'.

In a weak moment he mentioned he might go to therapy. That was last year, maybe the year before that.

Every word of advice hes ever been given here is met with excuses. So, the saga continues.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Every semi-rational person knows this, and that "call anytime" means you are free to take calls during working hours. Tragically, this seems to have been omitted from the "Life Skills" curriculum.
My guess is that the "life skills" he's teaching are pretty simple. Tying shoelaces, counting change, etc. even though such tasks are euphemistically described as, for instance, "Developmental Coordination" and, "Money Management".

Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
My guess is that the "life skills" he's teaching are pretty simple. Tying shoelaces, counting change, etc. even though such tasks are euphemistically described as, for instance, "Developmental Coordination" and, "Money Management".
Sol's only money management advice would be, how to save up 100 bucks for pay to play date. He can also teach the clients how to use PayPal Services for nefarious deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships