Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 11:03 AM

2,736 posts, read 2,797,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Yes, but his fragile ego can not survive unless he can actually CONVINCE them that he's better at EVERYTHING that she is! As for contractors who would freak out if their ideas were challenged...meh, they're not worth hiring and they're certainly not worthy of the time it would take to ask their opinions on something. They are called "opinions"....not facts.

Big peeve too?...arrogant men who say NO woman could do what they can do. Unless we're talking about getting an erection, followed by the ejaculation of sperm....women can do ANYTHING a man can do. If you are a man and think there is NO woman who can and DOES do what you do, well....you're waving your ignorance like a big ole red flag. Just because you don't KNOW a woman who does what you do, or know OF a woman who does what you do....it doesn't mean that there are NOT women who do what you do. You can bet your sweet hiney that there are probably some women who are actually even BETTER than you are at it.
Are you kidding me? I wouldn't wish that on any woman. We've been in business for over 100 years. I think we do something right!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Try-outs start tomorrow. Don't cry on us will ya, please?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:13 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,723,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Are you kidding me? I wouldn't wish that on any woman. We've been in business for over 100 years. I think we do something right!
I realize I could be jumping to conclusions here (not)...but YOU haven't been doing anything for 100 years...and to assume that there are no women who are not doing, or CAN not do what you do, is not only arrogant, but incredibly ignorant as well. One of the biggest mistakes men ever make is in underestimating women.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 AM

One last tip. Make sure you take your steroids so you can lift at least 300 pounds! I'll see you in the morning girls!

Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Try-outs start tomorrow. Don't cry on us will ya, please?
What...EXACTLY... do you do?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:16 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
What...EXACTLY... do you do?
I'm guessing Midnight Rambling and Daytime Ranting with much ado about nothing where either is concerned.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
One last tip. Make sure you take your steroids so you can lift at least 300 pounds! I'll see you in the morning girls!
YOU do not, PERSONALLY lift 300 lbs. You may have chain hoists, fork lifts, and engine lifters (for your rods) or other forms of lifting equipment, but you do NOT, single-handedly, lift 300 lb objects. Oh please. Any woman with a lick of common sense can operate chain hoists, wenches w/ pulleys, cranes.....you name it. OMG Laughable at best.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Imo, with your sconce light that won't turn off, it's possible a wire has a poor/loose connection, or a bad ground. Could be the switch is defective.
Correct. It was the hot wire, which caused the line to bypass the switch to the control panel. It was really my own fault. I had to tape and recap the hot. The issue with the wiring in my home is that it's not threaded, like I would expect to see. Black and white are usually one solid, thick wire. So, I have to make sure to tape it securely. When I first put it in I couldn't find my tape. But, I've fixed it since then and the switch is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Turn the Power OFF. With an insulated screwdriver, loosen, then tighten your wire connections.
Of course, Hawk! And that light is on the other side of the property compared to where the control panel is (back and forth, back and forth). Although, when I had my contractor over doing my ceiling, they put in my ceiling light and did not turn the power off, which I thought was stupid.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'm guessing Midnight Rambling and Daytime Ranting with much ado about nothing where either is concerned.
Exactly! Puhlease! As for the comments on women's inferior strength and stature...there are some of us who are not challenged in this area. For instance, I am 5'9", large framed and heavily muscled.....from a LIFETIME of hard physical "man" labor...so god, give me a break! As I've said before... I don't "need" my man for anything .....I WANT my man as my partner/companion/friend.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:23 AM

You don't want ANY part of it, trust me. We'd let you give it a try though. I'd eat my words if by some snowball chance in hell one of you makes it. Never say never, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships