Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM

223 posts, read 166,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post

I actually agree with you on this. Wishing luck is a cliche response and I don't think people mean anything offensive by it, but it's something that's been over-said and ends up being perceived as rude in some cases. I know that I'm someone who hates hearing it.

It's mindless and unfeeling when a rejecting female writes out a "have a 'nice' life letter" and ends it with a totally unnecessary "I wish you luck" cliche. Why do they say that? What do those kinds of women think that the rejected man is going to think? "Oh, but she wished me luck so OH HAPPY DANCE! Gee she isn't a sleazy superficial juvenile girl after all but oh chee wiz, she's really a nice person"?

Why shouldn't she wish me good luck? I wasn't the one who rejected, she was. Know what I wish her?

30+ reject you? I wish even a fraction of that would ACTuALLY reject me. One of the struggles I had with online dating, which eventually lead me to therapy, was that women don't reject, they just ignore. I can get used to sending them an email, noticing they viewed my profile, and then never hearing back....but many times I went on multiple dates with a woman where I thought there was chemistry, only to never hear from them again. No goodbye, no thanks but it's not going to work, or I'm not feeling it, or anything, nada, zip. That drove me nuts. The least you could do is call me and say "hey, I appreciate our time together, but I'm going to be honest and say that I'm just not interested in a relationship with you." In 2 years only 1 girl actually did that, we stayed friends, and I have more respect for her than any girl I went out with.
You can deal with that? Unlike me but it takes all mindsets. I can't deal with being ignored nor with being rejected. The kinds of females you describe, they can't win with me no matter how they reject me. Only way a woman wins in my book is if she goes out with me, sorry but that's how I feel after TOO MUCH OVERLOAD OF REJECTION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:21 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
Online dating is ****, at least in my age range. Really just a digital manifestation of what I already know.

"What I'm looking for:
6'0+
Muscular build
Brad Pitt face
Super smart and intellectual
Musical virtuoso
etc"

Yes I exaggerate a bit but it's not far from the truth. They want the whole nine yards and then another mile on top of it.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM

186 posts, read 475,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
A perfectly valid opinion and it's certainly not for everyone. I have to ask though, how do you glean that a guy is socially awkward from an initial message?
You can tell by the way they word the message, the odd 'e-pick-up lines' they use. I can just pretty much tell that the guy does not know how to approach a girl or carry an interesting conversation.

But this is just my interpretation of the messages I have received.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:42 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Don't waste your time. It is the same buffoons over and over. Married men looking for sex. People looking to see if they can get anyone interested, but not to meet.

Just game players. Don't waste your time. People are making money off of this. It is all ....online.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Don't waste your time. It is the same buffoons over and over. Married men looking for sex. People looking to see if they can get anyone interested, but not to meet.

Just game players. Don't waste your time. People are making money off of this. It is all ....online.
A lot of truth in that. Of course it only takes two honest and nonrejecting people if you are one then half the battle is already won or something like this. But you might be right concerning certain females (and must be certain males too) who have a profile and picture hanging up for years on internet singles/dating/mating sites..........it could very well be right that these people are ACTUALLY wasting GOOD money just trying to get people interested in them.............sick flucks! And of course the VERY UNORIGINAL and CLICHED tired old stereotypical married sleaze trying to sneak some sex from an unsuspecting woman.........know any guys like that? Rat them out!

And people make a damn good living off these misfits and us poor singles who wander in.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:58 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
A lot of truth in that. Of course it only takes two honest and nonrejecting people if you are one then half the battle is already won or something like this. But you might be right concerning certain females (and must be certain males too) who have a profile and picture hanging up for years on internet singles/dating/mating sites..........it could very well be right that these people are ACTUALLY wasting GOOD money just trying to get people interested in them.............sick flucks! And of course the VERY UNORIGINAL and CLICHED tired old stereotypical married sleaze trying to sneak some sex from an unsuspecting woman.........know any guys like that? Rat them out!

And people make a damn good living off these misfits and us poor singles who wander in.
You seem to talk a lot about these "singles industry" conspiracies. would you mind posting a thread elaborating on this subject please? I'd love to be enlightened about that more.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
You seem to talk a lot about these "singles industry" conspiracies. would you mind posting a thread elaborating on this subject please? I'd love to be enlightened about that more.
If you can please show me where I used the term "conspiracy" because I'm not aware that I ever claimed such a thing. I can't compose a thread about a conspiracy since I'm only tallking about an industry out to make money through lies and misleading people, same as many other industries in the modern day world.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
30+ reject you? I wish even a fraction of that would ACTuALLY reject me. One of the struggles I had with online dating, which eventually lead me to therapy, was that women don't reject, they just ignore. I can get used to sending them an email, noticing they viewed my profile, and then never hearing back....but many times I went on multiple dates with a woman where I thought there was chemistry, only to never hear from them again. No goodbye, no thanks but it's not going to work, or I'm not feeling it, or anything, nada, zip. That drove me nuts. The least you could do is call me and say "hey, I appreciate our time together, but I'm going to be honest and say that I'm just not interested in a relationship with you." In 2 years only 1 girl actually did that, we stayed friends, and I have more respect for her than any girl I went out with.
Well, that too...over the course of searching for love online over the years, I must have sent like 1000 or more total e-mails to girls on online dating sites, with very, very few replies. So I can definitely understand what is like to be "ignored", by the ladies. The "30+ rejections" were dates I was actually went on, where the girl either flat-out rejected me verbally after a 2nd or a 3rd date, or (less frequently), like with you, they sorta dropped off the face of the earth and ignored me. However, for about 90%+ of the dates, I ultimately ended up getting a verbal rejection, as in "I didn't feel any chemistry / a connection", "LBJF", "you're too nice", etc. etc. Heck, I was once even told that I was "too innocent", for them to date me! There were very few outright ignores though, as far as I can recall...

Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
If you can please show me where I used the term "conspiracy" because I'm not aware that I ever claimed such a thing. I can't compose a thread about a conspiracy since I'm only tallking about an industry out to make money through lies and misleading people, same as many other industries in the modern day world.
IMO, Bob's right on target -- I totally agree, based on my own experiences were a literally paid thousands of dollars for such services, only to have an abysmal experience with the so-called "professional" matchmakers, dating coaches, etc. They could care less about you, as a person, or your happiness...bottom line is, they're out to make a profit, pure and simple. And some of them will stoop to dirty and unethical tricks, to do so

Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
A couple of blogs I just saw this morning--A guy reads of his online dating experience from a woman he dated briefly:

The Day I Discovered That I'm an OK Cupid ******* (http://jezebel.com/5818769/the-day-i-discovered-that-im-an-ok-cupid-******* - broken link)

WHEN YOU HAVE A SMALL WORLD EXPERIENCE ON OKCUPID | Only in New York

Quote:
OK Cupid (and the rest of the bunch) abstract the human element away from love and sex. And that's fine! Desirable at times, even. We're living in an abstracted age, where conversations are condensed and pictures are cropped and feelings often don't matter. The crevasse between someone's decent OK Cupid profile and caring about an actual human being is a wide one—and the simplicity of dating sites doesn't prepare you for the leap. Of the online dates I used to go on, their terminuses weren't some shouting match or personality clash. It was just apathy. Meeting people in real life is tough! That's why dating sites make money. We don't like tough. But these flings disintegrate as easily as they form, victims of their own convenience. And they make it easier to hurt someone, because, truthfully, you never cared that much to begin with. When canceling a date is as easy as canceling an Amazon shipment, what are we to expect from each other? People come off as bitchy and rude and careless because the internet lets us be this way—because we demand it! Is this good? Is it even sustainable? I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships