Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 PM

223 posts, read 166,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
A lot of them never show up. A lot just want to talk online or the phone and not progress. I thought it was that they didn't want to meet me, but it seems they would KEEP ON TALKING forever until I pushed meeting. There were some who didn't want to talk on the phone. Some said they "don't like to talk on the phone" and I said, "How are you going to meet someone?"

I guess I am such a straight arrow, it took me awhile to realize some just want attention, and these guys were probably married. I think a few emails and if there is some interest, a phone call and then if we both sound sane to each other, we meet. I don't see wasting time just talking incessantly online or the phone. I have no idea who they are. I had a few say we were perfect for each other before we ever met. Red flag.
Maybe married. No man/woman who really wants to start a relationship is going to hold back on meeting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 08:30 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,510,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
I think that the secret is that you pick someone who is steady, stable, hardworking, mature, intelligent, loyal..............and then you grow together.
I totally agree with that, but it is very hard online. Dating sites are full of those like kids in a candy shop, and many are looking for "friends with benefits"...no joke, when I first heard this, I thought they were looking for someone with health insurance benefits. Then I learned it's just the old bed buddies term renamed...sic.

But the qualities you list are the ones I seek. Too many people betray their SO because they see someone new in the office, etc., and they think everything is a temptation. They don't value what they have. I still think people need to turn off the TV. I have found more and more of what I want in life since I have gotten rid of it.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I totally agree with that, but it is very hard online. Dating sites are full of those like kids in a candy shop, and many are looking for "friends with benefits"...no joke, when I first heard this, I thought they were looking for someone with health insurance benefits. Then I learned it's just the old bed buddies term renamed...sic.

But the qualities you list are the ones I seek. Too many people betray their SO because they see someone new in the office, etc., and they think everything is a temptation. They don't value what they have. I still think people need to turn off the TV. I have found more and more of what I want in life since I have gotten rid of it.
I don't watch TV. Who needs to be brainwashed but actually I am brainwash resistant and very hostile to anti marriage cliche. Dating sites are like a candy store for a kid. Kid goes into candy store with $2 (modern day) and plans to choose two items. Kid sees all the attractively designed candy and starts to think "This! No THIS! No THAT" and eventually never picks or picks wrong, buys some spoiled crap instead of a good solid Hershey bar or Almond Joy. I don't do this, I'm happy for who I get but so many women/men are seducing their minds and women are thinking "Hmmmmmmmm, I can get HIM. I never thought I could get a good man like him BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT if I can get HIM so easy then let me see if I can get the big handsome macho who just sent me the wink" and so I lose her to some fake married guy or to some dog who thinks that HE can do better than HER.

Friends with benefits? Of course no woman could be stupid enough to fall for that one, right? I mean here's a good solid man (me) on the right and then there's some picture of a macho on the left who is telling her "I need to circulate baby so we can only be "good" (sic) friends but every Tuesday I can share my body------------" and any woman with half a brain is going to go for THAT?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Married and bored guys.
I like talking on the phone but this one girl after a month was not showing any agression into meeting me face to face but was going everywhere else in the country. She stated she lived 2 hours from philly which meant she wasn't supposed to reply to me in the first place

Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:

When I first heard the term FWB in 2000 I thought it as a female looking for a guy with good credit, nice car, and a good job-lol I had no idea it mean fck buddies-lol

Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I like talking on the phone but this one girl after a month was not showing any agression into meeting me face to face but was going everywhere else in the country. She stated she lived 2 hours from philly which meant she wasn't supposed to reply to me in the first place
I knew this one who never and I mean NEVER could agree to meet me. Either I called too late, or I called too early, or her niece was throwing a cookout or her daughter needed her to watch the kids or her niece again was coming over with HER damn effing kids!

Finally I told her that she needed to go back to high school.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:21 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,634 times
Online dating can go either way but I think it is a worthwhile effort if you do not proverbially put all your eggs in this basket (i.e., still keep your eyes and ears open IRL and maybe you might meet people there as well).

Old 07-04-2011, 10:27 PM

I get cut off because of my age. I have been told a woman over 50 is useless. They haven't met me. They haven't seen me. I get guessed younger, I have my health, I am vibrant, I am creative, a professional, and heck, I don't think of myself as old. When I got that "old" stuff, I thought, what the heck...

Old 07-04-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I get cut off because of my age. I have been told a woman over 50 is useless. They haven't met me. They haven't seen me. I get guessed younger, I have my health, I am vibrant, I am creative, a professional, and heck, I don't think of myself as old. When I got that "old" stuff, I thought, what the heck...
Choose a smart man. There's me and I don't care WHAT the age! Heck, I even got rejected by "girls" over 70.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
Choose a smart man. There's me and I don't care WHAT the age! Heck, I even got rejected by "girls" over 70.
I do want a smart man. A dumb man would be...dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships