U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,166,250 times

Advertisements

I've seen this girl 4 times and she has complained or been super picky about a lot of things. Although she is a pretty nice person in other ways, the complaining and negativity is getting to me.

Doesn't like the smell of coffee.
Doesn't like the bed in her furnished apartment, too soft and too big.
Doesn't like visible cords on electronics. Told me to hid the cord if it was showing.
Doesn't like the color of her Wii. It's white but would look better with her stuff if black.
Doesn't like shellfish.
Old bedroom is too brite.
Old roommate is too noisy.
Can't hang out with school friends because she has too much stuff to do.
No towel racks in her bathroom.
Her new living is too brite.
Doesn't like the color of her new hallway.
Upstairs neighbors being too noisy.
DVDs must be in alphabetical order.
All skirts must be on one color hanger, all pants on another color, etc.
Landlords didn't clean apartment enough before she moved in.

I'm sure there is more, but you get the picture. While some of these are valid, why voice them? No one likes a downer. I felt bad for her at first, but I'm thinking now, what's the point of trying to cheer up a negative person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 PM

3,622 posts, read 4,715,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I've seen this girl 4 times and she has complained or been super picky about a lot of things. Although she is a pretty nice person in other ways, the complaining and negativity is getting to me.

Doesn't like the smell of coffee.
Doesn't like the bed in her furnished apartment, too soft and too big.
Doesn't like visible cords on electronics. Told me to hid the cord if it was showing.
Doesn't like the color of her Wii. It's white but would look better with her stuff if black.
Doesn't like shellfish.
Old bedroom is too brite.
Old roommate is too noisy.
Can't hang out with school friends because she has too much stuff to do.
No towel racks in her bathroom.
Her new living is too brite.
Doesn't like the color of her new hallway.
Upstairs neighbors being too noisy.
DVDs must be in alphabetical order.
All skirts must be on one color hanger, all pants on another color, etc.
Landlords didn't clean apartment enough before she moved in.

I'm sure there is more, but you get the picture. While some of these are valid, why voice them? No one likes a downer. I felt bad for her at first, but I'm thinking now, what's the point of trying to cheer up a negative person.
So are you complaining?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,528,521 times
so....

Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 PM

2,726 posts, read 4,388,335 times
Kind of makes you wonder if she is going to start complaining about you, no?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
So are you complaining?

yes, i am. but when i am out with someone i don't complain or am not picky about every little thing. for one it makes me feel like they are having a bad time, so i don't have a very good time. also, i try to do things that she will like in hopes of making nothing to complain about, but that is stupid, because she should just be more positive without needing things to be a certain way.

like when we first met we went to lunch and i ordered lamb. she has something against lamb, because it's not ecological enough or watever because it's a baby animal. so i ordered beef, although i did want the lamb, but she spoiled it for me.

i had picked places she liked a couple times, then i had limited choices last time we went out for dinner and we went to sushi. i always love this particular sushi place and was excited to go. but with her it sucked. she was just being weird about the sushi, because she doesn't eat shellfish, raw fish and prefers organic meat. she wasn't being awful, but it was a negative vibe.

then yesterday, i was hungry and we were out getting her chai that she always has to get. so i saw taco bell. I don't eat much fast food but i was really hungry. So then, I hear about how taco bell doesn't even have real beef.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Kind of makes you wonder if she is going to start complaining about you, no?

i know. i bet she has.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:19 PM

110 posts, read 129,711 times
She seems very controlling. You can either:

a) Stop seeing her and move on

b) Buy the whips and chains and go with it

Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,162,332 times
she is just self-unaware and probably spouts off any thought that comes to mind. i dont think she is necessarily negative or un-fun nor does she need cheering. she probably forgets what she says as soon as it comes out her mouth. you should just do whatever you want instead of trying to react to her comments.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:20 PM

530 posts, read 572,986 times
Folks, while there's a break in the action I just want to remind you all that.............There are only 174 days, 7 hrs left until Christmas!

So, I just want to say to you all.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!. In case i forget.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
so....

like i said some stuff she complains about is valid. my issue is that it never ends. if it were a few complaints and then more positive happy stuff then i wouldn't be making this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships