U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-07-2011, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Hawaii
2,058 posts, read 1,671,418 times
Reputation: 1551
I don't really believe in these things but I have found that Scorpios who are into astrology and proud to be Scorpios are often frikkin crazy. And I have found that Aries' who are into astrology and proud to be Aries' often are very selfish. I don't know of any "nice" signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2011, 12:51 PM
 
5,626 posts, read 2,357,210 times
Reputation: 8961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
My wife is a solid Virgo. Sun and Ascendant. My estranged father also is, as well as my brother in law. Ive also had had at least a few Virgo employees work for me. So I have some definite experience with them, from different walks of life and different mixtures of placements no doubt.


Most Virgos ive been around can be sociable but often just keep to themselves. Virgos tend to be straight shooters, no beating around the bush, say what they mean-mean what they say....when it comes to communication. No complication, little pretension in their dialogue. This can be positive and negative. Sometimes they can come off cold and distant, when they dont burst at the seams with excitement and enthusiasm upon meeting you. Its because they dont know you, trust you, or care about you yet. Thats fair. But it doesnt always make a good impression. On the other hand, Virgos are good people to deal with because they dont bullsh*t with you. Theyll tell you how it is, and how its going to be. I personally like this quality about them, even if they come off cold or rigid, because at least they arent annoying me.

I also enjoy the fact that most Virgos are very organized, orderly, and structured, mostly because im the exact opposite and need people with that quality in my life. Even if they arent physically neat and organized, they usually make up for that by having a super structured way of thinking. Theyre expert planners and organizers. My wife absolutely cannot sleep if she has even one relatively important issue on her mind, where as I can just shut down for the night, on a whim, regardless of how my days gone. Something I find kind of disappointing however is their need for structure as it pertains to making sure everything happens the way its supposed to. Sometimes Virgos arent so spontaneous, which isnt entirely bad obviously, but sometimes I might want to just go on a road trip on a whim, and thats just not possible for my Virgo. We didnt plan it out. We havent thoroughly packed for this trip. Yada yada yada.. Theyre just making sure that they themselves, and you too, are taken care of though, so I always understand. They are good with solving problems too, since they have such a mind for analysis. Most are very hard workers who seek to accomplish as much as they possibly can. Theyre very desirable employees in my personal opinion. Theyre direct, thorough, dedicated, and reliable.

Something ive noticed out of two rather extreme (negatively speaking) male Virgo family members of mine is a tendency to shun their family and to just run away to dwell in a world they can control, away from the judgement and harassment of their family (who actually cares about them and just wants to help). They wouldnt admit somethings wrong, and wont come around asking for help anyway. Its sad too, because something is obviously way off kilter for them, they lack the structure that satisfies their soul, and it hurts them. I also tend to believe that Virgo males can be rather controlling and in some cases abusive of their significant other. I think this about all earth sign males though. Its most certainly not the case for all of these men. I just think theyre specifically capable of it, if they dont have a rather submissive partner.

Something ive noticed a little in Virgo women is a preference for male friends than other women. And it has nothing to do with anything sexual/romantic or anything. I just think they dont have the patience for other womens ditsy-ness or bitchiness or what have you. I think they just see guys as brother-figures and enjoy having buddies like that.


Anyway. Thats all in my experience though. Everyone will have a different take.
Many many points in here I totally agree with- thank you
Straight shooters, say what they mean, mean what they say, etc....almost to an extreme Also the part they can come off as cold & distant, wow. Do they have a romantic side though? Or are they too difficult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
 
2,051 posts, read 1,674,529 times
Reputation: 2513
Husband is Scorpio
I am Capricorn
Married a long time, get along, don't know what our astrology signs would say about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
11,995 posts, read 11,341,965 times
Reputation: 13353
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Many many points in here I totally agree with- thank you
Straight shooters, say what they mean, mean what they say, etc....almost to an extreme Also the part they can come off as cold & distant, wow. Do they have a romantic side though? Or are they too difficult?
They're romantically quirky. When the love is gone, they use a surgeons precision to sever the relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
10,900 posts, read 8,631,008 times
Reputation: 13867
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
My ex-boyfriend is the same way. I think Virgos are natural-born whiners and they are extremely insecure on the inside. The ones I know have zero communication skills and would either run away from situations rather than deal with them, or say "yes" to everything even when it's hurting them.
Run away from situations rather than deal with them, that's salt rubbing into my wounds!

What sign your Mars is in, largely gives you your fighting skills, how you deal with them. A strong Moon can help overcome that.

My Mars is in give-up-too-easily, run-run-run from obstacles Virgo. I hate that part of myself, having such a wimpy Mars sign and no strong fixed moon to help me overcome them.

My roommate is a triple Virgo, no fighting skills whatsoever. Throw an obstacle in front of him, as well, and he'll run with the speed of sound!

I'm praying in my next reincarnation I'll be gifted with one of those laugh-in-the-face-of-any obstacle Scorpio or Taurus. I have a friend who has Mars in Black-Belt Scorpio. Throw any obstacle in front of her and she'll karate chop her way out of it with all smiles! Envy! Envy!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-07-2011 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
11,995 posts, read 11,341,965 times
Reputation: 13353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Run away from situations rather than deal with them, that's salt rubbing into my wounds!

What sign your Mars is in, largely gives you your fighting skills, how you deal with them. A strong Moon can help overcome that.

My Mars is in give-up-too-easily, run-run-run from obstacles Virgo. I hate that part of myself, having such a wimpy Mars sign and no strong fixed moon to help me overcome them.

My roommate is a triple Virgo, no fighting skills whatsoever. Throw an obstacle in front of him, as well, and he'll run with the speed of sound!

I'm praying in my next reincarnation I'll be gifted with one of those laugh-in-the-face-of-any obstacle Scorpio or Taurus. I have a friend who has Mars in Black-Belt Scorpio. Throw any obstacle in front of her and she'll karate chop her way of it with all smiles! Envy! Envy!
As a Virgo, I disagree.

The personality Miss Lucky describes could be passive-agressive. Learned, not innate.

Crisis and Chaos:
The adaptability of mutable signs makes them light on their feet in a crisis. They travel well in and among different types of people, exchanging ideas on what to do next. With quickly evolving natures, they understand change intimately, and are at home in chaos.

Their sense of identity is loose, and like a kaleidoscope, always changing. But over time, a core sense of self emerges, based on this changeability, but transcending it, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Toledo, OH
668 posts, read 679,971 times
Reputation: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
.......Do they have a romantic side though? Or are they too difficult?

I dont really know. Im sure that all depends on their other placements, to some extent. I would not be inclined to think that Virgos would be huge on romance and affection. I can see a Virgo woman appreciating romantic gestures, but analyzing the crap out of my motives and agenda if I was trying to be romantic.

Im sure it all just depends on a person to person basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Toledo, OH
668 posts, read 679,971 times
Reputation: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
What sign your Mars is in, largely gives you your fighting skills, how you deal with them. A strong Moon can help overcome that.

My Mars is in give-up-too-easily, run-run-run from obstacles Virgo. I hate that part of myself, having such a wimpy Mars sign and no strong fixed moon to help me overcome them.


My mars is Leo, and moon is Scorpio. Too bad it never gets to see the light of day. I keep it under wraps, hidden away in my crab shell. Its unfortunate too. Theres many times where I should of stood up to someone and couldnt find it in me to do it.

I need to tap into and unleash my inner Lion-Warrior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,400 posts, read 4,618,577 times
Reputation: 2712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post

Most Virgos ive been around can be sociable but often just keep to themselves. Virgos tend to be straight shooters, no beating around the bush, say what they mean-mean what they say....when it comes to communication. No complication, little pretension in their dialogue. This can be positive and negative. Sometimes they can come off cold and distant, when they dont burst at the seams with excitement and enthusiasm upon meeting you. Its because they dont know you, trust you, or care about you yet. Thats fair. But it doesnt always make a good impression. On the other hand, Virgos are good people to deal with because they dont bullsh*t with you. Theyll tell you how it is, and how its going to be. I personally like this quality about them, even if they come off cold or rigid, because at least they arent annoying me.

I also enjoy the fact that most Virgos are very organized, orderly, and structured, mostly because im the exact opposite and need people with that quality in my life. Even if they arent physically neat and organized, they usually make up for that by having a super structured way of thinking. Theyre expert planners and organizers. They are good with solving problems too, since they have such a mind for analysis. Most are very hard workers who seek to accomplish as much as they possibly can. Theyre very desirable employees in my personal opinion. Theyre direct, thorough, dedicated, and reliable.

Something ive noticed out of two rather extreme (negatively speaking) male Virgo family members of mine is a tendency to shun their family and to just run away to dwell in a world they can control, away from the judgement and harassment of their family (who actually cares about them and just wants to help). They wouldnt admit somethings wrong, and wont come around asking for help anyway. Its sad too, because something is obviously way off kilter for them, they lack the structure that satisfies their soul, and it hurts them. I also tend to believe that Virgo males can be rather controlling and in some cases abusive of their significant other. I think this about all earth sign males though. Its most certainly not the case for all of these men. I just think theyre specifically capable of it, if they dont have a rather submissive partner.

Something ive noticed a little in Virgo women is a preference for male friends than other women. And it has nothing to do with anything sexual/romantic or anything. I just think they dont have the patience for other womens ditsy-ness or bitchiness or what have you. I think they just see guys as brother-figures and enjoy having buddies like that.


Anyway. Thats all in my experience though. Everyone will have a different take.
I agree with pretty much all of this. I am a Sagittarius with a Virgo rising and 3 Scorpios in the mix. I dislike most females for friends and tend to steer clear of them as a general rule. There ARE exceptions,but few and far between, and they are kept at a distance. I also avoid most of my family members, and when I first meet someone, I DONT get all excited, because I dont care about them yet and Im sizing them up.

Spot on Except for the organized part...Im sooo not organized...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 PM
 
2,503 posts, read 1,644,533 times
Reputation: 1718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
My mars is Leo, and moon is Scorpio. Too bad it never gets to see the light of day. I keep it under wraps, hidden away in my crab shell. Its unfortunate too. Theres many times where I should of stood up to someone and couldnt find it in me to do it.

I need to tap into and unleash my inner Lion-Warrior.
My mars is in Leo too. But I think I have a Gemini moon.

Like you, they're hidden under my Cancer sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top