U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 AM

679 posts, read 762,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What is your Moon sign? I work with Cancer's they are very emotional and over react for the simplest things. Yet are sooooo nurturing and kind and caring of others. They have a memory like no other! So I am constantly remembering what the heck I said to them so not to tick them off. Virgo's usually get along with Cancer's and help them when they can't make things simple. And Cancer's help them when they are being cold hearted or too strict.

This is a pretty accurate description.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elikhom View Post
They only thing I know is that I'm a Cancer (July 7th), but what are all these Sun, Moon and planet stuff some of you talk about? I'm curious now.

Day right after me! Were the same person! jkjk

Cancer is your Sun sign. Your sun sign is your basic primary sign. Its who you are in general, overall. Cancer isnt all you are though. The thing with astrology is, some people will ask, "well, how can you say im just 1 of 12 possible types of people, thats absurd, im a unique individual"........and theyre correct. Thats where all of your placements come in. Yes, you are what youre sun sign is, in general, but if it doesnt seem quite accurate to you, you definitely have to consider what everything else is in your birth chart, especially your Ascendant/Rising Sign, which can, in some cases, be more dominant/visible/present than your actual sun sign. You have an Ascendant, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and a bunch of other planetary/celestial placements, and they all kind of represent different aspects of you. These other planetary placements also can have an effect on the overall Cancer that you are.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 AM

11,521 posts, read 9,705,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly8 View Post
Ok, so my curiosity got the best of me....

Based on the free birth chart I am:

Sun- Cancer
Moon- Aquarius
Ascendant- Scorpio

Which means???
We've all go our odd bed-fellows, tensions, conflicts, frustrations in our charts to deal with, for some it's more taxing than others. Some get off too easy with trines, very little if any conflict. We're all comprised of different "people" and it would be nice if they'd all get together, kiss, hug instead of warring with one another, fighting for leadership.

I don't have your other personal placements, but I do know a Scorpio Asc. is the most magnetic, sexiest Asc. you can possess. You may have magnetism you may not even realize you have in abundance!

Cancer is the wateriest of the Water signs, and Aquarius is the driest, most detached of the air signs. So, here we have a Sun and Moon that's 1000 miles away from each other, strangers in the night. A little on the extreme end, I would say, and to reconcile these two would be no easy task, as air & water are the most difficult elements to blend together.

Cancer has loner, hermit, home-bound characteristics and social Aquarius can be the party animal, with 500 friends on their Facebook account.

I'm guessing that AQ Moon is going to try hard to dehydrate that Cancer sun of yours, and try to push into into extinction. That's usually the way it works with air & water as that watery side of you can be a constant thorn in your side. Aquarius is one of the most fun-loving signs of the zodiac, and Cancer is right there to rain on your parades of fun!

Perhaps someone else can offer some different viewpoints on this combination. Tobias C where art thou?

Last edited by tijlover; 09-09-2011 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post

I dont think I even need to project my temper on to my wife. Her Mars is Leo as well. Mix that temper with such a no-bulls*** personality as my wifes. She can throw the hammer down. Shes the tough one in the relationship. I may be the breadwinner but shes the pantswearer.

I dont mind though and I think it works.
I believe, awhile back, I looked up your wife's placements and I must have forgotten she has that quick/hot temper Mars in Leo also, which helps explain things a little better, while you simmer and she explodes.

It would get pretty expensive, if you both exploded, replacing windows, furniture, carpeting, glasses and dishes!

My mother had the potential for being hot-tempered facing my Mars in hot-tempered Mars in Leo, and she simmered instead, but Oh Lord! if she came home from drinking with her neighbor on Friday nights, everything went into reverse! What a sight to behold, her screaming and yelling at the top of her lungs at my Dad and he just sat there like an immovable, expressionless boulder!

It would wake us kids up, and it would scare the hell out of me, scared to death my Dad was going to finally go off the deep end and smack her a good one!

And what always set off the explosion? "Mummy, I think you've had enough to drink! Time to go to bed!"
"Are you accusing me of being drunk?" And on with the fireworks!!!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-09-2011 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: Add line

Old 09-09-2011, 03:10 AM

I dont know if you recall my story about my estranged father. I didnt know what his birthday was before. I now know that its August 27. So I at least know now that hes a Virgo.

Id be curious to know his Mars. I know he has a history of problems with domestic violence and what not. He never got into it physically with my mother, but I recall times after they divorced, being with him on the weekends and him getting into fights with his girlfriend and throwing stuff around and breaking stuff. It was scary and I still have vivid memories of it. Basically the only memories I have of him.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:15 AM

Heres something that I need explained to me. I understand my Sun, Ascendant, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and Mars for the most part. I dont necessarily understand what the other things in my chart mean exactly though. I obviously know what all the signs are, but I dont know what the planets and other bodies represent, really.

For starters:

Jupiter - Aries
Saturn - Sagitarrius
Uranus - Sagitarrius
Neptune - Capricorn
Pluto - Scorpio
Lilith? - Cancer

I dont really understand most of this. Apparently I got some fire lurking around

Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 AM

6,635 posts, read 2,993,121 times
Reading a few of the recent posts made me curious about this, so I typed in my info. But I have no idea what this means...for a Libra

Sun 1321'11''
Moon 153'58''
Mercury 830'17''
Venus 237'38''

Old 09-09-2011, 07:59 AM

I'm still confused about the outer planets, but I mainly think of them acting subsconsciously, rather than consciously, which is why I mainly dwell on the personal placements.

Pluto and Neptune are the least confusing to me as they are, largely, the generational planets, they stay in place for 15+ years, and it creates generation gaps.

I'm with the Pluto Leo generation which stayed in that sign from around 1939 to the late 50's. You could call them the Me Generation, Baby Boom generation. Next came Pluto in Virgo generation which is referred to as the Yuppie generation, and this generation I can't relate to, largely. I instinctively feel the difference between my generation and that generation.
Then comes the Pluto in Libra generation in the 70's and early 80's. This is another generation I don't have a whole lot in common with, speaking generally, without the exceptions.

The Pluto Scorpio generation, born around 1983 to 1995, is a generation I'm eager to see sow their seeds, a rebellious generation I could relate to. One astrologer, long ago, predicted this generation is destined to either turn this world upside down or destroy it, not so much in a physical sense. That'll be interesting, if or when it occurs.

I should probably pay more attention to aspects to this planet, but I'm always minimizing its effects. I know I have a Neptune-Sun opposition and that I can feel, experience daily. It's like I can drift off into Pisces land, with the help of my Venus in Pisces, without even a push.

Neptune I look at as signs of the times. I grew up largely during the sexual, rebellious revolution of Neptune's 15 year transit of Scorpio. I lucked out, a great time to be living as I was a drug-using hippie type during those years.

I could almost sense when Neptune closed the curtain on Scorpio and moved into born-again-Christian, New Age, alternative religions, time of the Eastern guru Sagittarius. A religious revival as you'd expect from this sign.

With Neptune's entrance to Capricorn in the 80's, being that Capricorn rules Capitalism, it was a 15 year spree of capitalistic greed, and the tear down of the Berlin wall, Russia and China embracing Capitalism/materialism as well. A long shot in the head to communism. That ended in around 1998, I believe.

Then into Aquarius, the terrorist?

Neptune has now entered home base in Pisces for another 15 years, and it remains to be seen what becomes of this. Being that Pisces rules drugs, it wouldn't surprise me if some drugs become legal during this period, and revived interest in all things of a spiritual nature, as Pisces = Sprituality, both the good and the bad.

Anyone else out there can shed light on these outer planets? I'm in need furthur enlightenment as well.

Last edited by tijlover; 09-09-2011 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: add words

Old 09-09-2011, 01:18 PM

624 posts, read 710,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm a Capricorn, Horse. (I'm not actually an animal, though)
When it comes to the Horoscope, I feel the compatibility of the signs are more accurate than not, except for a few exceptions, but I do not go for the future-telling aspect of it.

I strongly believe we make our own futures through intelligence and assertiveness, or we're total failures through lack of enthusiasm and slothfulness.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:19 PM

624 posts, read 710,288 times
Virgo/Dog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships