Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM

223 posts, read 166,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
Tell them to get back to you when they have a time that they are available. Then don't become they phone girlfriend or penpal. You should keep contact to a minimum until they are serious about meeting up, then contact other women in the meantime.
Fact number one, guys!

No woman, no girl has any family members or friends who would ever DARE try to stand in the way of any woman/girl who just met and wants to date a guy she is interested in.

Here's what the dialogue would sound like if she were interested:

GF/Niece/Daughter-"Oh Linda (typical baby boomer name of typical modern day single woman) I'm throwing a cook-out on Sunday, ya comin/I'm coming over next Sunday and I'm bringing little wuzhisface because wuzhisface wants to see you/I need you to watch my kids, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

Linda-"WHATAREYOUCRAZY?IJUSTMETAGUYILIKEANDYOUWANTMETOWH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Just an update. I couldn't do the meeting up a lot later or leaving much earlier thing. There were last min plans for us to do something with her friend, so I couldn't make them wait on me, except that I didn't have lunch with them and met them right after lunch.

I also think she kind of made up that she had plans the next day so that she would have an out. So I told her I'd leave a couple hours before. Then she took a long time getting ready and I was kind of stuck with her, because we were supposed to get coffee (chai for her) and with her taking so long, it ended up going past the time she was supposed to have plans (fake plans??) and then I took off as soon as I could after that, because of the supposed plans, I didn't want to hang around any longer than I had to.

I decided that I was being too pushy and needy, so I was more distant, not hugging on her and stuff like I did before. Like when people give signs they want space, it's best to give them all they want. Well, it worked. A couple times, like on the couch watching a movie, I just sat on my side a couple feet from her, while the movie started, not really acting like anything was up. Then I guess she noticed and pulled me over. People are kind of funny. When they notice that you will freely give them space, they want to close up the space.
It is true Felix, many get creeped out if too needy or pushy. And that's how I am, if you give me space then I miss you.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It is true Felix, many get creeped out if too needy or pushy. And that's how I am, if you give me space then I miss you.
So you go crazy if your man were at work? Or space as in he leaves for a few days?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So you go crazy if your man were at work? Or space as in he leaves for a few days?
No, if he was gone for a couple days or didn't here from him, I then miss him or want him more. And yes I will miss him while he is at work, not crazy though. lol

Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No, if he was gone for a couple days or didn't here from him, I then miss him or want him more. And yes I will miss him while he is at work, not crazy though. lol
Oh. That's not bad then.

It kind of came off a little clingy. Like you'd go crazy and leave work to go see him during the day for no reason other than to look at him or something.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:20 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
Quote:
I can go weeks without contacting some friends I have known a long time. I'm not really one to tell people where I am and what I am doing. But I do take note of people's behavior early on, like I notice that they text good morning or let me know how their day is going a couple times a day. It sort of sets up a routine. Then after 20 days of morning texts, there isn't one anymore, I guess it's because they stopped thinking of me?? I don't see what else it could be. Oh well.

It's just weird because if I say anything about it, they won't admit it, but say that they are busy, yet they have the same schedule as before. I guess all I can do is blow that off. It's not like they are going to say they just didn't feel like it.

High phone bill?

Old 07-11-2011, 08:05 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
I have two ways of looking at this:

1. You just met, you have no obligation to this person to contact them right away. Maybe you have initial interest, but you're in a place in your life where a relationship isn't a priority. Maybe you've rushed into relationships in the past and realize you'd like to take it a little slower to make sure if you found something real.

2. If you're really into someone and they contact you, you will want to get back to them right away. The excitement of meeting someone new makes it so you are worried about falsely giving off the impression that you are not interested, so you reply at a very reasonable time and try to stay in contact as much as you can.

Both have their upside and downside. Best thing to do is no worry about it and if they respond, just go with it when they do, don't worry about when they do.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:46 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
wow...new update...

i saw her briefly today, just while running a really quick errand, we were in the same area.

Then she emailed me right after saying something like sorry for her being a little mean on Saturday (she did snap at me a couple times for stupid stuff, which i just blew off, whatever) and that I was clingier. What??? I let her and her friend do most of the talking and then I didn't even approach her for any kind of affection and waited for her to approach me. Crazy. So I emailed her back something like.. "I am a little confused why her perception is the way it is and if she wants space, she can have all she wants. And that I'm not interested in pursuing anyone not that interested in me. She can decide what she wants and I'm not going to try to change her mind"

Wow, people are funny. I think I should just let this one go. She's acting so weird. I've already made distance and she is still thinking I'm clingy. I can turn it all off...told her that. And that's the truth. I don't care a thing about women from the past and she can be put in that category just the same. Bleh! I feel at this point, I'm just getting a bull**** excuse.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times
I'm in this boat... he's too busy then bam he wants to setup something to do.
It's annoying. I'll be all ready to write him off then he returns for a couple of days of attentiveness and wanting to do stuff then busy beaver again. I know what it is to be busy and juggling many things but I'm consistent with my interest. mphm

IONO what to think of his interest level quite frankly

Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Oh. That's not bad then.

It kind of came off a little clingy. Like you'd go crazy and leave work to go see him during the day for no reason other than to look at him or something.
Nah that's what my posse is for. I kid I kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships