Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is the result of women replacing a fair and caring system of feminism with a fascist militant form of feminism. Women are the majority in the USA and they are going to dominate whether you like it or not. Just look at how they behave.

Men had better start to utilize their freedom of speech in order to correct this upcoming mini-holocaust against men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
That is something my lady has said about the socalled women of her age group buying into the whole idea of i do not need a man thing when they are in the 20's age frame and finding out when there 40's it alot of BS in that area of how it play's out .

She was telling me of the a couple of women who in her office have found out the socalled thing the Feminism movement has beening selling was a lie in alot of areas ..

As one lady said she on the other side of 35 looking around and wondering why they have not met someone to settle down with and be married and haveing kid's with ..

She has said it the movement saleing this lady's a bill of goods and then they have figure out the bill of good's they where sold was no good and now they have to pay for the mistake they have made in the way of relaitionship with men in this stage of there life's
Both of these posts, barring no other options, are clear arguments for a nunnery or lesbianism. Given that artsy is gay, henry, I think the two of you might have a future together. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 06:21 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
It's truly mind boggling to me when I come across men who are so insecure in their own identity that they feel threatened by women gaining the same status in society as they have. (And I say gaining, because they don't have it yet)

Women is not a threat, women being treated like people is not a threat, and frankly if they are, you must be terribly feeble.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:27 PM

296 posts, read 638,466 times
your'e my hero TheViking85!

Old 07-09-2011, 06:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashford View Post
your'e my hero theviking85!
+1

Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
I would love to be a man. Talk my manly stories, scratch my butt, or adjust my junk, think I'm ladies gift to them, wear a suit(cause most of them all look the same), wink at chicks, think I'm superior, talk about stuff that I have no clue I am talking about, not have to worry about my monthly gift, wear boxers, not shave, smack a guy around, eat and not gain much or if i am fat-diet and lose tons in a month, and think I'm too sexy for my shirt so sexy it hurts.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
It's truly mind boggling to me when I come across men who are so insecure in their own identity that they feel threatened by women gaining the same status in society as they have. (And I say gaining, because they don't have it yet)

Women is not a threat, women being treated like people is not a threat, and frankly if they are, you must be terribly feeble.
Thank you for that post Viking.

For the feminist-hating men out there, please read what Viking has to say then go away and think about it for awhile. Clearly the man-hating radical feminism is not the majority, it is the result of mainly left-wing, ivory tower lesbians.

Equal rights should not frighten anyone. If the thought of a woman having equality upsets you as a man, then grow up and do some reading of history. Because there you will find centuries of abuse against women, centuries of women as chattel and centuries of women not being considered 'real' adults.

The feminist movement allowed women to finally have a voice, to finally be able to vote, to finally be able to work and have somewhat equal pay.

If you despise that so much you are truly an evil minded individual, full of hate and malice. A true misogynist.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
There are a lot of women who are ok and happy with taking a traditional role though, so who is anybody else to say that she should demand more and be treated as an equal? If she's happy and content with her life as it is, that's all that matters. It always boggles my mind when others try to impose their beliefs or belittle others who don't share their same views. If I, for example, chose to quit my career to marry, have children, and become a housewife, that's my choice and shouldn't be of concern to others. Everybody is free to choose their own lifestyle. As long as both people in the relationship are content and have a functioning dynamic, that's all that matters.

However, I'm not talking about the brainwashing I've seen in some ultra conservative religions where women are "content" with their role because they clearly know no better.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM

346 posts, read 507,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Over the past 50-60 years, where there once were clear gender roles, (Men were the bread winners, women were the mommys) now it seems that which ever person can be whatever he/she wants. My question is not about women's liberation, (I personally would rather date/marry a liberated woman than a woman with societal limitations), but instead how do you think blurred gender roles have effected our (hetrosexual) relationships...
My husband and I have a true partnership. In the beginning we struggled a bit with division of labor issues (I always felt like I was doing more) but as we have matured and navigated life together, we have really found a good partnership, learned to appreciate each other and each other's sacrifices. If he gets to goof off one day, instead of feeling resentful, I now am glad he gets a break.

Anyway, I believe the biggest issue with non-clear gender roles, is the devaluation of the home, child raising, and taking care of the home. Now it's just all chores, division of labor, not a labor of love. Who is home providing a warm, nurturing place? Nobody. Everybody is working outside the home! Who is raising your child? Strangers at day care. Who is cooking nutritious, healthy meals? McDonald's, Wendy's and ruby Tuesday. Some of these things have completely lost value, and women who do chose to stay home are often times viewed as wasting their time and energy instead of providing important things towards the care and nurture of a family.

Also, women think they can have it all, and it's tremendous pressure to think we can do it all. I have no clue how women who work full time outside the home manage to also keep up with kids, kids activities, homework, dinner, groceries, laundry etc. I work part-time and it's a battle to do it all, and this is with a husband who pitches in with cooking, child care, and carting kids to activities.

So I say people need to do what works for them, and people need to quit devaluing what others find important. As a society we spend way too much time bashing other peoples choices.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:57 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
There are still many clear and bold gender roles in society. I'm not sure where OP is going but Djuna was right on the mark.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
I am torn on this. I think that modern gender roles (as popularly portrayed on television, anyway) are harmful to both men and women. Women are strongly encouraged to become more and more like the masculine stereotype of the past. Men, IMO, never had a fair shake at any time -- b/c as I have stated before, society does its darndest to stamp out all feelings of softheartedness, outward portrayals of love and emotion, gentleness, soft-spokenness, etc. in men, from the time they are small boys. There is nothing "wrong" with encouraging men to explore their more loving, caring and compassionate ("feminine"?) sides. It doesn't make them weak at all -- in fact, I think it makes them even stronger.

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 07-09-2011 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships