U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-15-2011, 04:36 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,054,093 times
Ok so "no" to IFBB pros, yes to movie-stars, big surprise.

How about this guy? 220 lbs, 6'4
Attached Thumbnails
Ladies: Do you like muscles?-dsc00526-copy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-15-2011, 04:38 PM

42,853 posts, read 48,862,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post

I'm guessing that's one Swedish Viking. Looks fine to me.

Unread 07-15-2011, 04:39 PM

2,247 posts, read 1,915,374 times
Quote:

It looks like you have a little too much fat in your upper body.

Edit: I like Brad Pitt's body type.

Unread 07-15-2011, 04:43 PM

2,602 posts, read 1,065,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Deal! Mon Amour Alain has always been "good enough" for me! More than good enough!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2302/...15deaa30_o.jpg
What if a mans body looked like this, was a little more toned, but he had grey chest hair? Would that be a turn off?

Unread 07-15-2011, 04:54 PM

42,853 posts, read 48,862,941 times
His body was better than it looks like on this picture.

Moderator cut: image removed

I'm not generally obsessed with bodies anyway. I'm more of a face person; well, as long as the body is acceptable, but I'm very forgiving in this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
What if a mans body looked like this, was a little more toned, but he had grey chest hair? Would that be a turn off?
That'd be fine, even great, considering I'm not "toned" myself. As far as the gray chest hair, I've been into much older men my entire life, I like salt-n-pepper in all its forms and everywhere, but I'm more the exception than the rule...

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Unread 07-15-2011, 05:49 PM

144 posts, read 156,256 times
Quote:

Again, I would focus more on his brain than his body. Although 6'4 is to tall for me. I don't want some skyscraper looming over me all the time. I'm 5'5 btw.

Unread 07-15-2011, 05:57 PM

9,450 posts, read 8,818,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperbelle View Post
Again, I would focus more on his brain than his body. Although 6'4 is to tall for me. I don't want some skyscraper looming over me all the time. I'm 5'5 btw.
I dated a 6'4 guy once. He towered over me, I felt like a dwarf in comparison to him. I'm 5'1...

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM

4,970 posts, read 5,484,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Did it ever come to your attention that sometimes guys stay in shape just for their own well-being? I tell ya, women sometimes think SO HIGHLY of themselves thinking everything a guy does is for them.
There's a difference between staying in shape and bulking up to the extreme. 200lbs of muscle on a 5'4" frame is pretty extreme. And worse, he's using it to intimidate people. I'm not really sure how you can justify that - maybe you're suffering from the same problem. I don't know you and I'm not a psychologist but your ability to blind yourself to such an extremity and to grossly twist what I said combined with what appears to be a grudge against women speaks volumes.

Anyone who enjoys intimidating people has got some issues they need to sort out which is going to turn most women off. It's pretty obvious this is not just a case of a guy staying in shape for his own well-being because there's no reason why that would get so many negative comments and turn so many women off.

However, I never said that he was doing this for women. I actually said just the opposite. He's doing it because it gives him false confidence which he perceives as genuine confidence. But he asked for a female perspective on what was influencing his ability to "find someone". So I gave him my perspective. The OP brought up the topic of women and relationships.

Unread 07-15-2011, 06:51 PM

144 posts, read 156,256 times
I had a perverted boss once that was 6'3 and he towered over me, it was very gross. It was like I was the sun and he was all 9 planets orbiting me, what a nightmare that was. He was literally everywhere all the time. I named him giraffe because he would poke his head out in the most random of places that others could never reach, surprising me. LOL...Maybe that's why I really don't like to date tall men.

Okay, I'm coming back and editing because I realize how it sounds....I can't help laughing. I seriously meant he would stick his head/face out above book shelves and cubicles, etc.

Last edited by vesperbelle; 07-15-2011 at 07:14 PM..

Unread 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM

9,450 posts, read 8,818,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperbelle View Post
I had a perverted boss once that was 6'3 and he towered over me, it was very gross. It was like I was the sun and he was all 9 planets orbiting me, what a nightmare that was. He was literally everywhere all the time. I named him giraffe because he would poke his head out in the most random of places that others could never reach, surprising me. LOL...Maybe that's why I really don't like to date tall men.
There are some benefits to be petite and date a tall guy, you have to admit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships