Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 AM

519 posts, read 981,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Ladies, its so true, "men who seem to good to be true", usually are, at least that's been my experience.
No wonder "nice guys finish last."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:46 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresca99 View Post
I recently broke up with a man, after 2 1/2 months, who pretended to be a caring, monogamous boyfriend. My gut instinct told me otherwise so I proceeded to check him out. With some clever research I found out that he had active singles profiles on several websites, including a sex and swingers site. I also discovered that he was a cross dresser and gasped in horror when I saw a picture he posted of himself, on the internet, in full feminine garb. He made a very homely female. I confronted him about his dishonesty which he at first tried to deny. When he knew I had the goods on him he returned my house key, jumped into his truck and sped away. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Ladies, please be careful out there. There are sociopathic predators lurking around every corner, especially on dating websites, waiting to take advantage of innocent, vulnerable women. Men who seem to good to be true are usually hiding an insidious past. Their primary motivation is to control you.
I'm gettin' pretty tired of spurned women liberally tossing around the sociopath label just because some guy cheated on them. You should read-up on sociopathic traits and tendencies before you pigeon-hole someone with that diagnosis. If you had done so, you'd realize that none of the actions hed did that were depicted in your post are really sociopathic. Dishonest? Unsavory? Manipulative? Sure. But at worst I'd say this guys is just a sex addict. And not even a sexual deviant at that.
A sociopath is a person who has no feeling or regard whatsoever for others. He looks at you and feels about you as he does the potted palm tree in his back yard. Oh, he is usally aware of the difference between right and wrong (this is where sociopaths differ from psychopaths) it's just that he doesn't care; he feels the rules were made for others and simply don't apply to him. All his actions are justified by a elaborate scenario of grandiosity in his head. A "Legend in his Own Mind" as the saying goes.
He didn't "prey" on you. You were just smitten with a dude who wasn't interested in a LTR like you were. You would do well to not let your bitterness allow you to falsely accuse someone with a severe phychological disorder.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
OP, I hear you, but I'm with Divine in wondering why you would give anyone your house key after knowing him only 2 1/2 months.
Pfff!

I got a girl's room key in less than an hour.

Wait! Is that the same thing?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:42 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
No, but all of my girlfriends have.

Too funny!

I can't possibly be the only one who got this joke!?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I can't possibly be the only one who got this joke!?
No. You're just late to the party.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:46 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I'm getting all of the jokes and I am loving it!

OP: Don't spend the next 2 months of your life wondering about this guy. He is who he is and you didn't know him well. Sorry, but 2.5 months of dating is not long enough to know someone's character. Character (or lack thereof) is revealed over time. You just saw some of the real him...at 2+ months that is normal to start to see what's under the veneer, so to speak.

Work on yourself--don't jump into an insta-relationship, pace things, get to know someone slowly, and date different people, not only 1, which puts too much pressure on him and you. Or...don't, and make the same mistakes over and over and over and wonder why the results end up the same or similar.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresca99 View Post
I recently broke up with a man, after 2 1/2 months, who pretended to be a caring, monogamous boyfriend. My gut instinct told me otherwise so I proceeded to check him out. With some clever research I found out that he had active singles profiles on several websites, including a sex and swingers site. I also discovered that he was a cross dresser and gasped in horror when I saw a picture he posted of himself, on the internet, in full feminine garb. He made a very homely female. I confronted him about his dishonesty which he at first tried to deny. When he knew I had the goods on him he returned my house key, jumped into his truck and sped away. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Ladies, please be careful out there. There are sociopathic predators lurking around every corner, especially on dating websites, waiting to take advantage of innocent, vulnerable women. Men who seem to good to be true are usually hiding an insidious past. Their primary motivation is to control you.
Sociopaths can be interesting gregarious people, then you find out who they really are, usually when its too late. I hope you've changed your locks. Best Wishes

Old 07-15-2011, 12:24 PM

461 posts, read 555,873 times
Yes. She was bipolar too. She cheated once, cried about it, was forgiven, fell crazy in love with me, then just left me for some guy who she waited on once at the diner she worked at.

She was 18 and had already had sex with 12 guys. 'Nuff said.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:20 PM

14 posts, read 43,592 times
just because he's a cross dresser, it does not mean he's a sociopath and a predator. quit handing your keys out to strangers. best of luck

Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I was married to a sociopath. And have been in recovery ever since my divorce. Nothing mattered to him, aside from his job, me and the kids were just "window" dressing to make him look normal to his co-workers. Sociopaths are very into appearances, and want to have everything in their lives look and be perfect. It is part of being Narcissistic. I was a piece of furniture, an inconvenient one, because I talked, and expected him to be normal. I take full responsibility for marrying him, and staying married for 15 years. The best day of my life was when I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships