Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:36 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammadon View Post
The works of countless contemporary anthropologists, ethicists, etc. modern Western belief is that there are no moral absolutes.
So you're a moral absolutist rather than a moral universalist?

Quote:
There are given states of being human. besides, on what basis does a person act? is it for their own benefit or for those of others?
A person acts first for themselves, then for others. The only exception is when that instinct has been diluted by social conditioning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 11:39 AM

51 posts, read 62,288 times
lol... my essential point is that any ethical denoncing of sociopaths is faultless, since there are no moral absolutes. As this is the case, then condeming sociopaths is futile and nonsensical. I generally believe that man is the measure of all things, so it doesn't matter in the end. I also agree that a person acts on their own accord primarily, so if this is the case such an individual will act according to their own nature above all else.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 AM

191 posts, read 357,325 times
Default The Key

I can't stop laughing . This lady poured her heart out to C-D its like she walked into a lions den lol, the first page is full of questions regarding why she gave him her key lol! Then someone had enough and said "enough with the key already" HAHA i still saw some post about the key a couple of post down .

Old 07-19-2011, 10:08 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,825 times
Why'd you give him your key

He's not a sociopath but a liar, your judgement of men also comes into play.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 PM

519 posts, read 982,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACollegeStudent View Post
I can't stop laughing . This lady poured her heart out to C-D its like she walked into a lions den lol, the first page is full of questions regarding why she gave him her key lol! Then someone had enough and said "enough with the key already" HAHA i still saw some post about the key a couple of post down .
It's no wonder why she hasn't posted on her own thread for the last couple days. Accusing someone, wrongly, of anything and then looking for sympathy usually doesn't bode well.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:17 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
at least he gave the key back, and didn't, ya know, murder her in her sleep or anything...

yet.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM

519 posts, read 982,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
at least he gave the key back, and didn't, ya know, murder her in her sleep or anything...

yet.
Yet? He was a cross-dresser who willingly gave the key back.

I'm failing to see any evidence that he was ever violent.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,664,302 times
Bring back the humor!

The first page or so was full of promise. Good snark is always appreciated.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingyouth View Post
Yet? He was a cross-dresser who willingly gave the key back.

I'm failing to see any evidence that he was ever violent.
oh my bad, I was thinking about the sociopath I dated...

Old 07-19-2011, 10:58 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresca99 View Post
I recently broke up with a man, after 2 1/2 months, who pretended to be a caring, monogamous boyfriend. My gut instinct told me otherwise so I proceeded to check him out. With some clever research I found out that he had active singles profiles on several websites, including a sex and swingers site. I also discovered that he was a cross dresser and gasped in horror when I saw a picture he posted of himself, on the internet, in full feminine garb. He made a very homely female. I confronted him about his dishonesty which he at first tried to deny. When he knew I had the goods on him he returned my house key, jumped into his truck and sped away. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Ladies, please be careful out there. There are sociopathic predators lurking around every corner, especially on dating websites, waiting to take advantage of innocent, vulnerable women. Men who seem to good to be true are usually hiding an insidious past. Their primary motivation is to control you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships