Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 10:40 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
I like this guy but all he is interested in getting me in bed but I'm afraid that after it happens I'm going to be hurt and attached to him
Hmmm...you sound like it's already too late for you. You are already interested in him

And yes, there aren't strings attached to most guys who just want to have sex. See...there is not too much thinking involved for a man wanting to have sex; it just feels good. But it's not so for the average girl (a decent one, or just one that's not having casual sex with different guys), since to her having sex involves emotions, commitment, and so forth.

A guy who is mostly interested in taking you to bed, more than likely has the same intentions for any other girl he finds attractive. Consider your body a treasure, and protect it as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
People who "sleep" around aren't ever going to make an emotional attachment with anyone: they will always be aloof and distant even if you are "married" to him/her.
Not so in all cases. For example, that's the life I led for many years until I met the woman who is not my second wife. We have been married for over 30 years already

But I do agree with you that if a man (or woman) is in a committed relationship, and still sleeps around.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I know for myself.. the answer would be no... women give off a hormone when they have an orgasm that is a type of "bonding"?? (not sure the term) but very true... men... (we will hear it now LOL)... men can have sex without any type of bonding emotion... just the way men are wired... I know we all know this but MEN AND WOMEN DO NOT THINK IN THE SAME WAYS when it comes to sex... lol...
Actually men AND women give off oxytocin and vasopressin after orgasm, hormones that seem to lead to emotional bonding. Throw in some endorphin release also and I think you've pretty much knocked out any "he's wired that way" argument.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:53 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Agree with both of TaoistDude's posts, good stuff.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Actually men AND women give off oxytocin and vasopressin after orgasm, hormones that seem to lead to emotional bonding. Throw in some endorphin release also and I think you've pretty much knocked out any "he's wired that way" argument.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 PM

76 posts, read 110,684 times
We women do get overly attached to the men we sleep with don't we?..
Not our fault I say..you men get us all drugged up on Adrenaline, Dopamine, and Serotonin.
OP if you know going in that he only wants sex.. and sounds like you are considering allowing him to get you all dopey..HOLD OUT.. MAKE THAT BOY WAIT! AND WAIT AND WAIT.
it's your only hope Obiwan.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:23 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,229 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Exactly.
love it... thanks... read so much forget the detail but let's face it... like Ray stated... men, on average do things that feel good without any emotional connect more often then women... you must admit now... women are more emotional creatures... viva la differance!!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:52 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
If you know for a fact that all he wants is sex, then it would be a mistake to sleep with him if what you are looking for is a relationship. If you do have sex with him without developing a relationship prior, all you are going to get is a kick off the bed the next morning. Just kidding, but you know what I mean. It would be wiser of you to develop a relationship with him first and put your best to win him over emotionally, and then let him be the one who wants you. If he never develops feelings for you prior to the sex, you will simply be a booty call and an after thought for ever.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
love it... thanks... read so much forget the detail but let's face it... like Ray stated... men, on average do things that feel good without any emotional connect more often then women... you must admit now... women are more emotional creatures... viva la differance!!
I think you're mistakenly using a dissenting opinion as support for your argument - you might want to check that.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,877,229 times
Default hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think you're mistakenly using a dissenting opinion as support for your argument - you might want to check that.
I don't have an argument first of all... just my 2 cents... you can agree to disagree... I do look at things from a "female" perspective after all... yes some women do have casual sex like many men but the emotions of being a woman cannot be denied...

Great if "wham bam thank you mame" is what both are after... I don't know how many times I've heard friends and other women state, "oh I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve and he will fall for me"... very emotionally draining for their expectations. Men (not most mind you) can "get their rocks off" and move on without giving it another thought... I'm just saying that most women get an emotional connection and make excuses for why no call after the encounter... again... just my 2 cents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships