Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,505,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
The OP asked women how long they date before paying the bill. For some, it's Dutch right away. For others, it's never. No need to incite a gender war over it. We have plenty of other threads for that.
Yes. Plus it depends on circumstances. OP she broke up with you after a split meal at "la panera". lol. She doesnt really sound like a typical "gold-digger".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 AM

6,534 posts, read 7,250,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikilledkenny View Post
So you live together? And you basicly contribute nothing. He takes care of all the bills and pays for everything while you can spend all your money on anything you want.
Many western relationships work that way and even women around here have admitted that in past threads. Wrong or correct, that depends how you see it. If the couple is happy that way then let it be.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,058,312 times
Quote:
So you live together? And you basicly contribute nothing. He takes care of all the bills and pays for everything while you can spend all your money on anything you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Many western relationships work that way and even women around here have admitted that in past threads. Wrong or correct, that depends how you see it. If the couple is happy that way then let it be.
It obviously doesn't bother her SO - so what difference should it make to the two of you? Every couple is different - and as long as they are happy with each other - that's all that matters - isn't it?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It obviously doesn't bother her SO - so what difference should it make to the two of you? Every couple is different - and as long as they are happy with each other - that's all that matters - isn't it?
Hence, the reason why I wrote that last line. Many american couples work that way where the man takes care of her expenses, the bills, her entertainment, going out, and so on while she keeps the money for herself. Hey, each couple does as they like .

Old 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM

11,755 posts, read 11,939,171 times
Quote:
Absolutely. Not to hijack this thread but I'm amazed that so many people speak in absolutes on C-D, that there is only one right and one wrong. That, and make sweeping generalizations of groups of people as if because one person does something, they all must.

Every situation will be as unique as the two people involved in it. There is no one standard that every relationship must follow, no preference that applies to every person the same.

And ultimately, if it doesn't impact your life, it really shouldn't matter what other people are doing in their relationships.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Hence, the reason why I wrote that last line. Many american couples work that way where the man takes care of her expenses, the bills, her entertainment, going out, and so on while she keeps the money for herself. Hey, each couple does as they like .
Many relationships do not work that way. Her relationship works that way. None of my friends have relationships like that. But however people work things out - if they are happy with it - that's all that matters.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM

4 posts, read 4,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Absolutely. Not to hijack this thread but I'm amazed that so many people speak in absolutes on C-D, that there is only one right and one wrong. That, and make sweeping generalizations of groups of people as if because one person does something, they all must.

Every situation will be as unique as the two people involved in it. There is no one standard that every relationship must follow, no preference that applies to every person the same.

And ultimately, if it doesn't impact your life, it really shouldn't matter what other people are doing in their relationships.
I just think it's odd that a grown adult person is unwilling to pay bills. I don't know her situation, maybe she is some kind of housewife(in which case it's understandable) but if two persons live together and both have jobs it's quite odd if one person pays for absolutley everything. What's the other persons excuse? "But I don't wanna pay for anything!!"?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I just think it's odd that a grown adult person is unwilling to pay bills. I don't know her situation, maybe she is some kind of housewife(in which case it's understandable) but if two persons live together and both have jobs it's quite odd if one person pays for absolutley everything. What's the other persons excuse? "But I don't wanna pay for anything!!"?
She said her SO insists on paying for everything. This arrangement obviously wouldn't work for you. It works for them. Why does it bother you so much? Would it bother you this much if she paid for everything and he didn't?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 AM

4 posts, read 4,595 times
Quote:
She said her SO insists on paying for everything.
Probably because he knows that if he doesn't pay for everything she will leave.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I just think it's odd that a grown adult person is unwilling to pay bills. I don't know her situation, maybe she is some kind of housewife(in which case it's understandable) but if two persons live together and both have jobs it's quite odd if one person pays for absolutley everything. What's the other persons excuse? "But I don't wanna pay for anything!! "?
Well, many women find it attractive to have a man pay for her expenses and what not because it makes them feel valued, cherished, treasured, and so on. Shows that the man loves her, is serious about her, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships