Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 AM

647 posts, read 1,522,713 times

Advertisements

I'm referring to the bad job market, obviously. I graduated college two years ago (been working crummy jobs ever since) and most people I know don't have good jobs aside from the engineering grads. Do women cut guys a little slack for the bad job market?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,278 times
If she is down-to-earth and you at least are interested/active/willing to get help for snagging a future career, then I think you have a chance if you can build a connection with her. But some women, not all, though, will require a guy to have deep pockets in any economy.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
I'm referring to the bad job market, obviously. I graduated college two years ago (been working crummy jobs ever since) and most people I know don't have good jobs aside from the engineering grads. Do women cut guys a little slack for the bad job market?
Sure, there are women like that but my first priority would be to secure a good job rather then women.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:57 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Yes. As long as he has some kind of work (I don't care how much he makes) then it's fine. It's the losers who purposely don't look for work that get no slack from me.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:28 AM

57 posts, read 50,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yes. As long as he has some kind of work (I don't care how much he makes) then it's fine. It's the losers who purposely don't look for work that get no slack from me.
and what do you bring to the table princess?

Old 07-17-2011, 01:31 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:

All you have to do is to browse on a online dating site to see this is not true!
(In a general sense)

Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
So it's okay if he works a minimum wage job for the rest of his life and never works towards something better? If so, your standards are pretty low.

I would cut a guy some slack given the job market at the moment but I would have to be convinced that he is a motivated guy with some ambition who is just temporarily hit a rough spot outside his control. It's difficult to separate the two though - there are people in life who talk big but never act on it. I would consider what he did before the economy plummeted though - that would be a good indication of what kind of guy he is. Luckily, I'm already married and this is hypothetical.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post

It REALLY depends on a type of a woman. They are some women who are attracted to success. Those won't care for losers. There are others who would try to put themselves in the "losers" shoes and sympathize. I would marry a guy without a job if I liked him otherwise. But of course I wouldn't be as impressed with him in the back of my mind. I think it's part of human nature to love excellence.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:07 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Agree with some of the other posters a guy should have ambition, and a desire to achieve stability. Also pride and some level of satisfaction in their work is good too. But the key word is stability. Pushing to get wealthy is great, but stability is the foundation on which this is built. At any rate, i cant see most people in general never wanting to achieve better things for themselves. Most would get stagnant and complacent at some point.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursofa_king View Post
and what do you bring to the table princess?
Im currently in college. Right now I'm a History/Political Science Major but I'm seriously thinking of switching to Marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships