U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM

1,193 posts, read 781,533 times
Default butterflies

Is this feeling supposed to last forever? The wanting to be around your SO 24/7? Getting happy and excited when you are about the seem them etc...

This post was inspired from this blog Tales from the Motherhood: I'm Not in Love with you Anymore

Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM

20,611 posts, read 17,209,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Is this feeling supposed to last forever? The wanting to be around your SO 24/7? Getting happy and excited when you are about the seem them etc...

This post was inspired from this blog Tales from the Motherhood: I'm Not in Love with you Anymore

Thoughts??
That giddy, gushy feeling ("butterflies") is infatuation and fades with time, yes. Sometimes there is real love underneath, but sometimes not.

Feeling happy and wanting to be near a person can be part of loving feelings. If the love is real, those feelings will not fade.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:39 PM

4,384 posts, read 3,415,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That giddy, gushy feeling ("butterflies") is infatuation and fades with time, yes. Sometimes there is real love underneath, but sometimes not.

Feeling happy and wanting to be near a person can be part of loving feelings. If the love is real, those feelings will not fade.
That sounds right. The butterflies should fade as confidence in the relationship grows - or dies. But pleasure at seeing your S.O. should persist.

If butterflies persist beyond a few months, you may be experiencing GI tract issues.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 PM
ttk

79 posts, read 86,177 times
No that feeling doesn't last forever but you may find that it pops up sometimes throughout your relationship. The 24/7 can lead to getting tired in the relationship and losing those feelings early. It's nothing to break things off for so don't worry.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM

42,851 posts, read 51,384,867 times
Quote:

Thoughts??
You want stress forever?!

There is one thing in common to all the vast number of possible triggers for butterflies: stress. Whether itís the scary stress of an exam, interview or presentation, or whether itís the excited, positive stress of talking to someone you like, the excitement of a first kiss, or the thrill of riding on a rollercoaster, it is nonetheless stress, and the body reacts to both positive and negative stress in very similar ways.

Butterflies in the Stomach: Why do I get butterflies in my stomach?

Old 07-20-2011, 12:12 PM

5,831 posts, read 4,442,800 times
Butterflies? No, not forever. However, if there is a deeper love there, you will still look forward to seeing them!

I have known my fiance 2 years. I would say that I am past any butterflies (for the most part). We see each other daily and know it will happen. So no butterflies anymore (although on occasion if we have something special planned maybe there are).

That said, seeing her is always one of the highlights of my day too! There is not a day where I do not look forward to some time with her, whether it is 5 hours of 5 minutes, or whether we are going to go on a romantic date, or get some chores done.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:19 PM

1,465 posts, read 2,241,712 times
Quote:
Is this feeling supposed to last forever?
NO.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:30 PM

8,788 posts, read 4,250,293 times
[quote=sweetchas;20069311]Is this feeling supposed to last forever? quote]
Yes, they can last as long as nature indended them to last. A finite relationship that is only filled with pleasure is much better than a long, never ending abuse filled relationship!

Old 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM

157 posts, read 95,375 times
Only until reality hits you and you realize that your partner has faults (that are not gonna change) and relationships take real work.

Check out this link - Stages of a Committed Relationship - http://www.relationship-institute.com/freearticles_detail.cfm?article_ID=153 (broken link)

Old 07-20-2011, 03:16 PM

5,386 posts, read 4,070,050 times
Unfortunately, the butterflies aren't permanent.. but when they are, those couples stay together for years and years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships