Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 07:56 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Easier how? The beautiful, rich and famous can get replacements easily. But none of the above make an actual, successful, happy relationship easy. That is hard work for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Attractive women have it easier but only if they are smart about it. Attractive women are more likely to be used so they need to make sure the guy is after them for the right reasons. Plenty of guys will act like they want a relationship but they really don't they just want to score a pretty girl.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM

76 posts, read 110,676 times
We all want the same thing.To be loved for who we are.We want someone who gets us, who sees the inside.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:50 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
Relationships have always been difficult for me. Mostly because of the men I've seemed to attract.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Relationships have always been difficult for me. Mostly because of the men I've seemed to attract.
It's probably because of the men YOU CHOSE. If I attract a girl I feel nothing for, it's on me to chose to be with her or not.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 PM

76 posts, read 110,676 times
Quote:
If I attract a girl I feel nothing for, it's on me to chose to be with her or not.
I read that and thought ..sure buddy..before or AFTER you sleep with her. Then I thought ..I was never turned down by any man that I set my cap for...BUT my best relationship was with a man that chose me.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
This is called not accepting responsibility for your own actions. It doesn't matter who pursues you...you ultimately have the choice in who you go out with. Until women do most of the pursuing that's just how it is...men are the hunters, and women are the gatherers.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Until women do most of the pursuing that's just how it is...men are the hunters, and women are the gatherers.
It's not quite like that. We "inspire" the hunters.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 PM

591 posts, read 866,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I think that very attractive women easily catch the eye of men. However, a cute girl or a girl who looks easy is much more likely to get approached by a guy. I have been told by men that there is an "intimidation factor" when it comes to beautiful women. So, the most beautiful girls often find themselves without a date.

Finally, good looks do not equal confidence. I think that any woman, attractive or unattractive, who is confident and interesting can attract men and get into good relationships. A woman who is insecure, whether attractive or not, will more easily find herself in a bad relationship.
Yes to both points: I know a "ten" who is finally in a relationship, who has ADHD, a family who didn't help her with this growing up, had no friends in HS, used to have a kind of low-self-opinion of her worth in the dating pool - - - and my gf and I asked her how the dating scene was going (this was before she met her current bf) and she said: "What dating scene?; men don't ask me out, in fact, men hardly speak to me at all, except at work".

Old 07-24-2011, 08:31 PM

591 posts, read 866,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovejazz View Post
Not at all, in my experience. Many men are terrified of rejection and think that a beautiful woman may be harder to get since more men are attracted to her. Thus, the "plain Janes" are the most successful.

Right. Not only terrified of rejection, but add to that being flirted with by a "ten" and then have her abruptly c*cktease you and put you down in front of others. Over and done, don't even look at them anymore. Not worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships