Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesolitaryreaper View Post
I have been quite reluctant in posting to this matter, yet not enough to have intrigued me not to, so here goes..
i have been in a relation with what most people's standard perceive as a 9'er, though a 10 is what this woman's exterior has been labelled, due to this extreme "freakishly" beauty, as some member has earlier used this term, this is a woman of whom i had been with for 5 years, and loved beyond any means of reasonable sense, or that is what i learnt when all was said and done...
I lied, cheated, and broke her, but during this process i had never felt that i was self destructing myself as well..
It was only a matter of time since things went downhill for both of us, as a reader might sense or "judge", i came across a deceiving partner, but granted, she was no angel
I deliberately stated my then applied loathsome virtues before saying anything bad about her, it may be least what i owe her to myself on a posting thread, though it has been more than 700 days since i saw or heard of her.
i had been with several women through my life, yet i only loved once and never felt happy since we went in different directions.
Something that may have started on a wrong foot, initially perceiving her as a trophy, has ended with real pain, and the beauty of fate, is that it has rendered me crippled emotionally knowing that i can never go back in time and change things.
I emotionally abused her beyond imagination, and more than 2 years later i deserve what i have to live with inside of me,
the reason i posted this, is to shed some light on the examples of guys women talk about "nightmare bf's" or any term you might feel comfortable labelling men who had done acts like me,
even if this light was to be shed on me,

WHAAAAT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmantx View Post
I don't judge a girl by her exterior beauty, but her interior beauty..
Nice type of politicaly correct response,maybe you do actually think this way but in reality most people see the outside before the inside and that includes me.I mean seriously,when first meeting somebody you don't know their personality but you immediately know something is physically attracting them to you or not.

Now....beauty is subjective though,regarding weight,there are different people with different ideas about what is pleasing to them.I think the problem arises is when one married or became involved with someone who was at first their type but latter changed,like someone who married a slim girl who latter gained alot of weight.I known a couple guys like that who told me,"man,Im just not into her anymore".

But then again there are guys who like BBW types,and the internet proves that.And then there are guys like me who like thick and phat types,my friends have often joked with me saying"dude are you sure you are not black?"...lol with blue eyes and blondish hair I don't think I am.

So if I meet my ideal "thick n phat" girl,I'm oogling over physically but yeah in the end the personality factor makes or breaks it.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:06 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
A wise college professor, a mentor of sorts, once responded with the following when I was complaining about the "bad pickin's" on the dating scene: "Beauty is a handicap. Beauty AND brains renders one a quadraplegic."

Seems like a fatalistic statement, yet in my experience, women with this combination definately have a hard go of it.

Cobolt

Old 09-19-2007, 07:52 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
I was going to respond to this thread and then I realized that I am not qualified to do so

Old 09-19-2007, 08:11 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
A wise college professor, a mentor of sorts, once responded with the following when I was complaining about the "bad pickin's" on the dating scene: "Beauty is a handicap. Beauty AND brains renders one a quadraplegic."

Seems like a fatalistic statement, yet in my experience, women with this combination definately have a hard go of it.

Cobolt
I have been told more than once I am attractive, but being educated turns them off. I was on a date recently, and the guy didn't want to talk. It was so uncomfortable. I am not the brainy type. But I have a lot of things that interest me. I gave up trying to figure it all out.
For me, intelligence, a sense of humor, and integrity, are all more important than looks.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
Relationships can be hard for EVERYONE, regardless of your looks. Looks do not guarantee you a good or easy or perfect relationship. They are all work.

The toughest thing for beautiful women is that they become defined by their looks, which creates a huge pressure to maintain them (what up, aging?), and creates complexes, and major issues of the self esteem variety when they're no longer the hottest, youngest, most flawless, most perky boobed thing around. And then it becomes blatantly clear how much of your worth and value was tied up in something as transitory and fleeting as looks.
In that case, I'd have to say if a man picks a woman strictly for looks, then that is what he will end up with too. If he gets old, loses his hair, gets a pot belly, or even worse, loses his health, he had better hope the Bimbo will be willing to be by his side, supportive, and take care of him. Oh, while she isn't doing her nails...
See, that isn't the kind of life I want. I like to look nice and all, but it's just fluff. The real meat and potatoes is what is shared between people.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:59 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesolitaryreaper View Post
I have been quite reluctant in posting to this matter, yet not enough to have intrigued me not to, so here goes..
i have been in a relation with what most people's standard perceive as a 9'er, though a 10 is what this woman's exterior has been labelled, due to this extreme "freakishly" beauty, as some member has earlier used this term, this is a woman of whom i had been with for 5 years, and loved beyond any means of reasonable sense, or that is what i learnt when all was said and done...
I lied, cheated, and broke her, but during this process i had never felt that i was self destructing myself as well..
It was only a matter of time since things went downhill for both of us, as a reader might sense or "judge", i came across a deceiving partner, but granted, she was no angel
I deliberately stated my then applied loathsome virtues before saying anything bad about her, it may be least what i owe her to myself on a posting thread, though it has been more than 700 days since i saw or heard of her.
i had been with several women through my life, yet i only loved once and never felt happy since we went in different directions.
Something that may have started on a wrong foot, initially perceiving her as a trophy, has ended with real pain, and the beauty of fate, is that it has rendered me crippled emotionally knowing that i can never go back in time and change things.
I emotionally abused her beyond imagination, and more than 2 years later i deserve what i have to live with inside of me,
the reason i posted this, is to shed some light on the examples of guys women talk about "nightmare bf's" or any term you might feel comfortable labelling men who had done acts like me,
even if this light was to be shed on me,
they say, whatever Karma you give, you will receive back, two fold....I've learned this to be true...sadly, for you, a tragic lesson to learn, yet, a lesson, despite life's shortness, it looks like to me, you've been given a second chance....for you, this is the one who got away, but there will come another in your life, and you, I believe are being prepared for her, by this lesson. If I were you, I'd do everthing, in my power to self explore....and remember, if you will, I'm not going to cut you any slack, cuz I was one of those girls whom a guy like you, cut out my heart...I've lost my naievity, that innocence...and I should have known, but I didn't....therefore, I feel, it was my destiny, to learn this and prepare me for whatever is to come...so now, if someone lies to me once, that is it...they don't get another chance, be it male or female...wrong or right? Who knows...

what I'm saying is, it's over and in the past...go forward...it seems to me, the God's decided it was time for you to grow up...most never do...

God bless you and yours

Creme

Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
In that case, I'd have to say if a man picks a woman strictly for looks, then that is what he will end up with too. If he gets old, loses his hair, gets a pot belly, or even worse, loses his health, he had better hope the Bimbo will be willing to be by his side, supportive, and take care of him. Oh, while she isn't doing her nails...
See, that isn't the kind of life I want. I like to look nice and all, but it's just fluff. The real meat and potatoes is what is shared between people.

Bravo!!!!! You get reps

Old 09-26-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Bravo!!!!! You get reps

Thank you! You get reps too!~)

Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Women I know who are extremely attractive sure have alot more options in relationships. They have many potential men to choose when it comes to relationships and thus can hold out for someone just right. They are in demand and can be picky.

Is this true?

I know many plain overweight women who have a hard time attracting men and thus have a hard time getting into a relationship. They have to settle for someone and thus many times end up going for someone who is not right for them. Beggars are not choosers. Is this true?
It may seem paradoxical but it is easier to give the thumbs down many times than never have the opportunity.

Funny but good looking people don't tend to understand what the rest of society has to put up with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships