Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRESS1 View Post
I'm in Miami. I'll chase you if you want, but in a very non-macho, non "oye mami, dame tu chocha" kinda way
Did this guy just offer me a coca cola?

I would have to kindly refuse, for I am not much of a soda drinker anymore. However I would not say no to water, or some kind of juice.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:21 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,221 times
Real men don't like it when girls play hard to get, because life to to short to spend any amount of time chasing someone as part of a twisted game that has no value aside from feeding a woman's ego and validating her fragile sense of self. I mean seriously - what kind of woman would even want a guy that "chased" her. The fact that a guy is willing to do that should at the very least give a woman an initial indication as to how desperate he is and pathetic.

I've known plenty of women that initially acted interested but went into hard to get mode after securing a little attention from me and I guess in another time and place in this universe, I could have potentially spent an incredible amount of time, energy, effort and resources pursuing them - but what for?

What kind of guy would ever really play that kind of game. It just seems ridiculous. The hard to get game is actually annoying, shows a lack of maturity in the woman playing it and is a total waste of time.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
I treat women as rational equals. If I show interest, and they do not reciprocate at least a little, then I assume they are not interested for whatever reason, and move on. There are plenty of other prospects to consider, so I won't obsess about someone who apparently thinks I'm not a match. I expect at least something to work with!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:44 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
To answer the OPs question, I know there ARE GUYS out there, who actually like it when a girl plays hard to that. It depends mostly on their culture, upbringing and personality. African guys & Latino guys for the most part. Not playing hard to get and easily agreeing to their request to date will be a turn-off. They want a challenge and enjoy the thrill of the chase. There are also guys in the U.S. (not in this thread obviously ) who appreciate girls they had to "work for". A girl who is easy and agreeable, will be seen as a doormat. A prize easily obtained, is not typically treasured as something that you obtained through blood, sweat and tears.

But I also want to add that the OP's list of what she calls hard to get, is not really that, it's actually just plain rudeness. A girl who's really hard to get won't be rude, she'd just be hard to pin down, have a life and not seem desperately eager to have the guy in her life. I should know, I am one. But there is a balance. You do it too much and too long and even the most determined guy will leave

Old 07-19-2011, 08:46 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?
it's annoying and grade-school. If I wanted to 'chase' I'd get a dog and let it off its leash in a park.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 PM

550 posts, read 604,202 times
You know, there was a time not too long ago when men and women wanted to share their lives with one another. So many people act as if that's passe' nowadays. IMO, those who want separate lives from their significant other should not be in relationships. I never wanted to be in a relationship with a woman I needed a break from periodically. I'd prefer to be with a woman I can't get enough of. Guess I'm old school like that.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM

859 posts, read 2,827,956 times
It's just another game women play. We guys have grown tired of your games. Personally I stopped playing games in my early 20's. I grew up and realized that women that play games are not someone I'm going to want to be with long term so at The first sign of BS it's out to The curb.

There are millions of women out there that want a real relationship. No point in playing games with mentally immature people.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
"Playing hard to get" says to me: "I'm trying to be difficult and confusing for some reason." I don't do difficult and confusing because I don't have to. If a woman acts this way around me, I won't find her attractive because I can only imagine what it would be like to be in a relationship with her: Constant games and drama.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
1. Avoiding eye contact- everytime he looks at me I look away
2.Whenever he calls or txt I ignore and take long to reply
3.Tell him I want to hang then cancel plans with them
4. Pretend that I am not interested in anything he says
5. Bring my friends whenever we meet up
6. Talk about other men when I'm around him
This must be a joke.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
I am notorious at playing hard to get with men that I'm interested in or are interested in me, but when I beat around the bush, men become disinterested. Why? Would you rather women be easy & forward?
I absolutely hate that. My entire job is dealing with trying to get information and certain responses, that are often not forthcoming, out of people. While I enjoy that at work, the last thing I am interested in is doing that when I get home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships