Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 03:44 PM

591 posts, read 866,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
If I didn't do that I would end up hurt
Because you don't have good radar for weeding out bad people on sight.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamisweetheart View Post
But wouldn't a woman being easy get boring after a while?
1. Not being a cocktease doesn't make you easy.
2. Do you have a personality? Are you funny, smart, kind, cool to be around? If sex all you have to offer, then yes, they'll get bored.

I asked you earlier if you were listening to the unanimous responses. I don't think one man out of a couple dozen said that they liked women who toyed with them and pretended they were boring. What are you hoping to gain here?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:46 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Speak for the women in your life rather than women at large.
:handon't bother with him. From his posting history, he resents women yet wants one..he's sexually confused.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Because in most men's minds an "easy" woman is not one he wants as his long-term companion. The chase is always more exiting than the 15 minutes that follow.

Most of us who got "lucky" early on in a relationship knew it was because the woman actually liked us.

You prefer the chase to sex? you better loook up your diagnosis in the DSM-IV

Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
:handon't bother with him. From his posting history, he resents women yet wants one..he's sexually confused.
He's not alone on this forum.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
LOL that made me laugh. You don't know how wrong you are.

I have more in common with my husband than most women on this forum and likewise he has more in common with me than most men on this forum.

No, the facts as conducted by scientific research thru PentyOfFish and other dating sites show that women rate men higher when the men are attached than when single. Same man got more points when women were told he was attached. The survey by POF included lying within the experiment, the man was presented as both single and in a relationship. Women rated particular men higher when in a relationship. Across the board.

Do not assume that some player in a bar that wants to sleep with a married woman is represenative of the world at lage. The decent men will pass when they hear she's married (even if they thing she's not really married but is pretending).

In other science experiments they proved that the shunned males among a fish population would now get sex if they implanted them with the pheromones of the alpha fish.

Women want a successful man, men want an available woman that they won't have to fight another man for. big difference.

And BTW instead of spouting off you should go online and do the research I and others have done in this area. You just might learn something.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
No, the facts as conducted by scientific research thru PentyOfFish and other dating sites show that women rate men higher when the men are attached than when single. Same man got more points when women were told he was attached. The survey by POF included lying within the experiment, the man was presented as both single and in a relationship. Women rated particular men higher when in a relationship. Across the board.
Oh, the scientific research through POF? You're hurting my middle. Let me clue you in on something. Such research, if it exists, cannot be generalized. Why? That pesky problem of demographics to start.

Quote:
Do not assume that some player in a bar that wants to sleep with a married woman is represenative of the world at lage. The decent men will pass when they hear she's married (even if they thing she's not really married but is pretending).
I'm certainly not saying all men fit the bill. I am saying that the decent person will forgo a married individual. And you are sorely mistaken if you think men have the market cornered when it comes to decency. Plenty O' fish or not.

Quote:
In other science experiments they proved that the shunned males among a fish population would now get sex if they implanted them with the pheromones of the alpha fish.
So, now we're extrapolating from fish to humans in a social context? This must be an evo-psych arena.

Quote:
Women want a successful man, men want an available woman that they won't have to fight another man for. big difference.

And BTW instead of spouting off you should go online and do the research I and others have done in this area. You just might learn something.
How about this. I don't take your interpretation of the research at face value. Not just you, to be clear, but any person on the net. I don't think you've ever read actual research because that would mean hauling yourself down to the local uni library all the while having the ability to grasp the stats. I highly doubt you have free access to any annals. I figure, at best, you read opeds that are interpretations by non-scientists where the only soul purpose is to keep the game "telephone" alive. So no, I do not buy into evo-psych and I especially do not buy into it via laymen.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM

454 posts, read 596,452 times
You people need some compassion and need to stop seeing things so black and white.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Three hundred posts later, that's what you've learned?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 PM

454 posts, read 596,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Three hundred posts later, that's what you've learned?
No, I 've learned how rude people can be why did you delete the other post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships