Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 03:38 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk50 View Post
I'm not looking for anything long term. I just want to hook up with her, honestly.

How would I go about asking about boundaries/if she has an open relationship?
First, mentally prepare yourself for her to storm off, act offended, act like you're the one who has horribly misinterpreted the relationship and her "innocent" behavior. Then sit down across from her, tell her you're very interested in a relationship with her, but you're very unclear on what exactly your relationship is, and you need some explanations.

This is the part where she either storms off "offended" and blames you, or - she'll act mature, take responsibility for the confusion, say how she values your contribution to the relationship and doesn't want to lose it no matter what, and that she wants to be your friend, or maybe something more.

The goal is at the end of the day to either lose a dead end string along, or find out that your relationship with her has actual substance to it and means something to her.

Edit - I'd be careful with the Bluff method. No offense, but if you're too scared to simply ask her a question and talk to her, physically being flirty and seducing her seems way too advanced. I think that method requires you to be pretty good at reading cues and body language, which (again, no offense) - you don't give off that vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,300 times
Quote:
So were meeting again for coffee tomorrow. Should I ask if she's in an open relationship, or just let things be as they are?

If I do ask, how do I do it?
If you play that card and she's not, that may be an awkward knife in the relationship that's too much to take. Of course, that may be fine with you. Just be aware.

Personally, I think you're investing too much in this for what you're getting out of it, and I worry that's unhealthy for you in the long run.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 PM

471 posts, read 481,455 times
Honestly, I dont feel comfortable asking her the status of her relationship, because based on facebook, it seems pretty legit.

I'm not sure how much more physical I can get than kissing her on the cheek, though.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:53 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
dude your asking too many questions as if you got estrogen or something, it should be fairly obvious what to do.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
dude your asking too many questions as if you got estrogen or something, it should be fairly obvious what to do.
And that is?

Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 AM

2,596 posts, read 5,582,300 times
Quote:
Honestly, I dont feel comfortable asking her the status of her relationship, because based on facebook, it seems pretty legit.

I'm not sure how much more physical I can get than kissing her on the cheek, though.
To play the devil's advocate, if you're not even comfortable enough to ask the status of her relationship, do you really think you're going to find the comfort level to walk up and kiss her? Do you really think you'll be comfortable enough to seduce her knowing she has a BF? Do you really think you're comfortable enough to handle the drama that may come about if/when you and BF have to be in the same space after that scenario takes place (even if he professes to be cool with it?)

I have to wonder if this is all wasted time and you might ultimately be happier pursuing a girl who doesn't already have a boyfriend, a partner, a husband... I know sometimes it seems like all the girls are already taken, but usually that isn't entirely true. Probably if you looked harder, there would be some nice single girls in your area who are lonely just like you, and who you might be able to have a relationship with without all this drama.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
And that is?
?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 AM

Meeting with her in an hour. Considering asking her about her relationship. I was thinking of being like, "so are you this flirty with everyone, or just me?"

Last edited by Hawk50; 08-09-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 08-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Meeting with her in an hour. Considering asking her about her relationship. I was thinking of being like, "so are you this flirty with everyone, or just me?"
Any thoughts? 20 mins! LOL

Old 08-09-2011, 11:05 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Any thoughts? 20 mins! LOL
Ask her to go away on a weekend trip with you to a nudist camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships