Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyturquoise View Post
Sounds like this guy could be really experienced with women and has second intentions with you. You alone in a boat with a man that you met only 3 months ago....dubious....You are completely right on being cautious... you never know... may be he is a player????
Or worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,188 times
Was it Ted Bundy that used to lure women and then kill them?

Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM

406 posts, read 580,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post

Yep, plus guys at clubs that take women home and rape them.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,918 times
Does it really need a thread to answer that question? I'm beginning to wonder if the OP is really that naive and thick-headed.

What ever happened to "never go out with a strangers" that we were taught as kids?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:29 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Oooh that sounds romantic and/or plain fun. But given the world we do live in I guess it's good to take heed the dangers.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:32 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Yeah, him and whole bunch of other guys. Unfortunately.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-23-2011, 08:57 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitabella48 View Post
A new guy started at work 3 months ago. Since day 1, he has been flirty with me but respectful. He asked me out to go for a boat ride, but I don't know if is safe to go with a guy that I only know at work, and to go by myself (me and him) on his boat....Is he trying to be original, show off his possessions, or simply has dark intentions??? I would think that if a guy wants to ask you out , typically he would invite you for coffee, dinner or movies or something like that. He has asked me lots of questions about my personal life at work, but I cannot put my finger on it, not sure of his intentions.??? I did not accept or rejected the offer to go on his boat...I kind of ignored the invite and kept on talking...He is realizing that I'm not easily accessible and is being a little bit less flirty and touchy -feely....I am not playing hard to get, just being cautious... Tell me what you think..girls and guys opinions welcome!!!
Hmmm... the first thing that comes to my mind about your post is that you are a lousy conversationalist. If a co-worker was being friendly to me and asked me out on his boat, I would then find out what kind of boat he has, how big it is, how long he has been into boating, what his boating skills are, where he uses it, and what he does with it. Around me, he could be boating on a river or in the ocean. It could be a sailboat, canoe, kayak or motorized.

And a guy asking you out for a boat ride is also just telling you that he is into boats and outdoor activities. I think that he's also just trying to find out if you are at all interested in the same sort of activities that he is.

His asking you a lot of questions about your personal life does indicate that he is interested in possibly dating you. However, I am disappointed that you aren't asking him a lot of questions about his personal life. And if you are at all considering dating him, you'd better start being a good listener and being less of a talker.

I would not go out on a boat with anyone that wasn't very skilled with it. And another factor would be how much you really like this co-worker of yours. Are you really interested in dating him or would you prefer him stay a platonic friend? Whether you go out with him on a boat or to a public place as a first date, you really need to think about YOUR intentions towards him. You don't want to lead him on if you don't like him enough back.

And last thought is that if his boat is a decent size, then if you are interested in a boat ride, ask to bring along a friend for company. Bring lunch and make it a fun friendly excursion. And let family and other friends know what you're doing that day.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:05 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,040 times
I personally wouldn't go.

And the post above is very judgemental.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitabella48 View Post
A new guy started at work 3 months ago. Since day 1, he has been flirty with me but respectful. He asked me out to go for a boat ride, but I don't know if is safe to go with a guy that I only know at work, and to go by myself (me and him) on his boat....Is he trying to be original, show off his possessions, or simply has dark intentions??? I would think that if a guy wants to ask you out , typically he would invite you for coffee, dinner or movies or something like that. He has asked me lots of questions about my personal life at work, but I cannot put my finger on it, not sure of his intentions.??? I did not accept or rejected the offer to go on his boat...I kind of ignored the invite and kept on talking...He is realizing that I'm not easily accessible and is being a little bit less flirty and touchy -feely....I am not playing hard to get, just being cautious... Tell me what you think..girls and guys opinions welcome!!!
Maybe he wants to show off how big his boat is. Or how big his little friend is.

Did he have the notion that you were easy? He might have and is realizing that you are not and is not looking for a real relationship, just some sex . It's your call, but the boat ride sounds a little premature. It's like him inviting you to his bedroom for a first date. He's rushing, perhaps so you can have sex with him as soon as possible.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I was going to initially suggest you say, "Why don't we go have some dinner in the city and get to know each other first?" but after reading this, he seems too strange and he could get you out there on the lake and well...

RUN!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships